Print

Author Topic: II Piantissimo=Sequel?  (Read 5519 times)

« on: April 24, 2005, 08:09:02 PM »
If you've ever played Super Mario Sunshine, you'll know how weird this guy is.  Who is he?  It's obvious he isn't a pianta, and under his mask you can see that he's some dude with a pointed beard.  Will/Should he appear in more games?

If Toad is a mushroom and a mushroom is a fungus, can we say that Toad is a fungus?
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 08:42:18 PM »
Il Piantissimo. When capitalized, IL. Not II, as in "Two".

And he's just an Italian dude dressed as a Pianta. I don't think they'll use him more.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 08:53:31 PM »
What about the ending.  He's looking at that GADD science paint brush thing.  That seems like a hint for a sequel.

If Toad is a mushroom and a mushroom is a fungus, can we say that Toad is a fungus?

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 08:55:41 PM »
OOOOOOOOOH! Is that what it is? IL? I could never figure that one out.

-----------------------------
General [plus] Mario [plus] Chat

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 09:06:31 PM »
A GADD science paint brush?  Maybe he will be in the Kirby DS game.  Maybe there be a new Mario Paint for the DS.  It would be cool to paint picture on the DS and share them online.  There's already a huge following of Picto Chat artists in the Nsider Forums.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 09:23:42 PM »
Oh, maybe.  I was just thinking that he is such a strange character, and they don't show us his real identity.  I'm hoping there's some sort of sequel where he takes off the mask, and most likely uses the brush for something.

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 01:56:03 PM »
I hate it when people don't expose their true identity.

"It''s impossible this way!"

Edited by - Red Paratroopa on 4/25/2005 1:05:43 PM
This is a secret coded message.

Rex

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 02:04:55 PM »
When i first got the game, i thought he was a police officer or something and that he is trying to find out who made all those markings on Isle Delfino. Now i think that he must want to get power or something. I dunno.

"You can make the Statue of Liberty disappear but you can't climb down some stairs." David Copperfield, Magician
"You can make the Statue of Liberty disappear but you can't climb down some stairs." David Copperfield, Magician

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2005, 04:04:47 PM »
If that's true, Red, then the time has come to talk of many things.  I am a walrus, firstly.  Secondly, I'm lying.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 04:35:25 PM »
That's exactly what I thought too.  I thougt for sure at the end he would throw off the mask, pull out a badge and be like, "Isle Delfino Under Cover Private Eye!  Hands up suckah!" or something like that (probably not the hands up suckah, but, you know).

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 05:18:46 PM »
Red Paratroopa: My name truly is Bird Person. I can fly in the sky and eat seeds with my beak. I tweet and make nests in trees. I can't type because my feathers get in the way of my eyes. I can't see the monitor because we birds don't have binocular vision like you fancy humans. Tweet!

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 05:36:29 PM »
Blue Toad.  I don't think that character is ever going to be used again.  Has anyone heard of the next Generation Mario Game?
Why lie?

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 05:44:56 PM »
I don't believe anythign is really known about it.

I use to think that Il Piantissimo guy might show up again, but there has been no sign of him.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 04:03:57 PM »
The Blue Toad was in Mario vs. DK.

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 05:04:08 PM »
"Il" means "the" in Italian for what it's worth.

Print