Print

Author Topic: Over and Underrated Games  (Read 3233 times)

« on: May 11, 2005, 03:12:17 PM »
What games in the Mario universe do you think are over and underrated?

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 06:52:26 PM »
Donkey Kong on GB is very underrated. I believe it is one of the best Gameboy games out there.

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 07:37:07 PM »
This is a good topic! I think Wario World is somewhat underrated; I found the game quite fun and interesting. The graphics were good, too.

There may be others, but I can't think of any more right now.

"You know what we''re having for supper tonight? Boneless, skinless chicken chests." ~My Mom
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 12:33:16 AM »
Yoshi's Story is underrated, because of it's brilliant platforming play!
SMB3 is overrated in my eyes. Because? I don't know. Just because.

Ugh!! What is this horrible thing on the bottom of my post??
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 03:55:57 AM »
Overrated: Mariokart 64, all of the Mario Party games

Underrated: Tetris Attack

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 07:51:02 AM »
SMB3 is just right in my eyes.  What other game lets you transform into big Mario, fire Mario, Racoon Mario, Frog suit Mario, Tanooki Mario, Karibu Mario, and Hammer suit Mario?  The costumes make the game even "funner"!

I agree that Wario World is pretty fun, but it's so weird at times that it just creeps me out.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 5/13/2005 6:51:34 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 05:24:34 PM »
I don't know. I guess SSBM is abit overrated, but maybe it is rated over the scales because it is such a great game!

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 10:43:39 AM »
I'm not sure about overrated, but I think Yoshi's Story and SMB 2 were underrated. YS is not as good and Yoshi's Island, but it's got it's own charm. SMB2, while not an original Mario game is very unique.

Random Manga Quote:
"You''re in love with her, but you''re too scared to deal with it...So you walk around like you got a permanet chip on your shoulder?"--Kensuke Yura. Girl Got Game volume 8 chapter 1.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Sqrt2

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 01:56:40 AM »
I agree with Latias Dita about SMB2, not sure about Yoshi's Story though, as it's not very hard to get a semi-decent score on the whole game. Although getting all 30 melons on some of the levels can be quite tough.

If at first you don''t suceed - destroy any evidence that you tried in the first place.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 06:45:00 AM »
Maybe I was too young to tell, but when I played Yoshi's Story I LOVED it. Except whenever Yoshi got killed I restarted the N64 so I didn't have to see him die. That got repetitive after awhile.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 08:45:30 AM »
I don&#39;t think that MarioKart 64 was overrated. Although its Grand Prix isn&#39;t as fun as Double Dash (or Vs.) the battles in MK64 were by far, the best in all the series. Sure, they didn&#39;t have &quot;Bob-omb Blast,&quot; or &quot;Shine Capture,&quot; (which didn&#39;t turn out too well in my opinion) but the normal battles and the stages were brilliant. How can you compare Block Fort to Block City? You can&#39;t! Block Fort is simply far superior to the MK:DD counterpart. The MK:DD battle stages are simply too small, and too dull.

"Palmolive is a soap!"

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 08:20:59 PM »
Whoa! What happened to the apostrophes???

"You know what we''re having for supper tonight? Boneless, skinless chicken chests." ~My Mom

GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 08:26:12 PM »
A similar reason as to why the apostrophes in my signature are quotation marks?

Random Manga Quote:
"You''re in love with her, but you''re too scared to deal with it. So you walk around like you got a permanet chip on your shoulder."--Kensuke Yura. Girl Got Game volume 8 chapter 1.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Print