Print

Author Topic: What is ICQ?  (Read 1953 times)

« on: May 15, 2005, 12:15:17 AM »
In the profile thing there is a space for your ICQ. What is your ICQ?

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 12:26:41 PM »
It's an IM service as old as this forum type. You're supposed to put in your ICQ number, but if you don't have one, don't worry about it.

The name is a pun off of "I Seek You".

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 01:34:45 PM »
(I typed the following awhile ago, but I was taken away from my computer before I had a chance to post it. That's why some of the info is redundant.)

ICQ ("I seek you") is an old instant messenging service that has kind of fallen to the wayside as AIM and all the others have risen up. It was in vogue, however, when this board was created, and that's why the profile has a spot for your number. This message board also has the option of showing a little ICQ logo above each post, to the right of the editing pencil, that shows if people are logged into the service and that allows you to message them. ICQ is so little used nowadays, though, that this cool little feature of the forums is disabled.

These are the different icons that can appear next to the edit icon:

→ You are not logged into ICQ.

→ You are logged into ICQ.

→ ICQ is confused, probably because you entered an incorrect member number into your profile.

Broken image → I think this occurs when a number with too few digits, like "1337," is entered into the ICQ field.

When the icon is clicked—regardless of whether the ICQ number in the person's profile is correct—a window comes up that allows you to send an ICQ message to that person. If the number in my profile were actually my ICQ number (it's not), then you could click the following icon and send me a message. But still give it a click, anyway: .

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 02:52:47 PM »
ICQ was the first IM service I ever used. It was nice, and had features like offline messages that MSN STILL doesn't have.

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 01:06:11 PM »
I just do AIM.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 11:46:52 AM »
ICQ is my oldest IM account! I say "is" because I can still remember my account number!!

I wish people I know still use ICQ...

You can download the latest version of ICQ here...

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Edited by - Hope(N Forever) on 5/24/2005 10:53:01 AM

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Print