Print

Author Topic: omg Revolution  (Read 3501 times)

« on: May 11, 2005, 10:38:36 PM »
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Edited by - grinder on 5/11/2005 9:40:44 PM

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 03:14:00 PM »
WHOA.  NICE.  You're my hero.  I think there needs to be more buttons on the controller, though.  If the grip buttons are L and R, what are the shoulder buttons?  And I don't see the power jack?
W/E

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 04:51:08 PM »
I certainly hope that's not what the <I>controllers</I> are going to be like. I'm going to sit here and deny it 'till E3. Maybe even after E3.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 05:25:38 PM »
Well the console itself looks nice. the controller on the other hand... I agree with you, Suffix

Random Manga Quote:
"You''re in love with her, but you''re too scared to deal with it...So you walk around like you got a permanet chip on your shoulder?"--Kensuke Yura. Girl Got Game volume 8 chapter 1.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 09:19:17 PM »
I certainly hope those images are fake...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 11:21:23 PM »
Most likely I will never get a Revolution because of money, but I still wonder why they make the newer consoles more high-tech.  I mean they might as well just make a computer, so then you can not only play games, but go on the internet and download music and creat myspaces and etc.!  Whatever happened to "run, jump, hit the flag"?

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 12:37:48 AM »
Games are getting too complex, but most of them actually have roots to older games. I actually read somewhere that GTA: San Andreas is loosely based on Super Mario 64, as Rockstar kind of emulated the 'roaming' aspect of the game- you don't have to do complete missions, just roam. In my eyes, that's what makes a game- just being able to pick it up and play, and not having to do what the game tells you to do.

Ugh!! What is this horrible thing on the bottom of my post??
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 03:14:11 PM »
Must...buy...Revolution...now. If olny I could. There needs to be a few more buttons on that controller. Without more buttons, who will understand how to play games on the Revolution?
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 05:08:51 PM »
It is just a concept someone drew. There are lots of them around the internet.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 09:32:20 PM »
Yeah, thanks goodness.  And didn't someone say that the Revolution could be set up horizontally or vertically?  That doesn't quite look like it could.  And the concepts of the controllers do look neat but two buttons is just plain sad.  Otherwise... yeah, that looks cool.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 11:05:04 PM »
Wow. That is amazing. I hope it is as good as it looks.
When you open a door, it is now ajar.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 05:47:43 PM »
Revolution Logos?:

http://www.yourimagelink.com/uploads/f7473f9123.jpg

http://www.yourimagelink.com/uploads/c3c3bb7398.jpg

On the Nsider forums some one posted these images in this thread.  Check out how the thread was edited.  Funny.

Have you seen the Revolution Mock-Up video?  I watched a couple of days ago and must say it was worth watching even though it's fake.  It was created by Psyco31eR, the maker of the infamous "Super Mario's Universe" video in 2003.

Luigison, please . . .

~Watoad

Edit: Sorry, the images were much larger than I thought.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/15/2005 6:17:55 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 04:49:41 PM »
Hmm interesting. Still though, I thought Revolution wasn't the offical name. I also heard it's going to be about the size of three DVD cases stacked on top of each other. Woah, and I thoguht eh Cube was portable.

Random Manga Quote:
"You''re in love with her, but you''re too scared to deal with it. So you walk around like you got a permanet chip on your shoulder."--Kensuke Yura. Girl Got Game volume 8 chapter 1.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2005, 04:53:26 PM »
Out of curiousity, where did you get those pictures, Luigison?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2005, 08:02:04 PM »
*Refuses to give up source of picture on bases of having forgotten it.

I have a lot of sites I visit regularly for images.  It doesn't take much digging to find dirt.  Finding the real dirt is another story.

Here's some methods I use:
- Search images.google.com (usely doesn't find the latest images)
- Setup email notification for certain words on sites.  CNN is an easy one to setup, but provides little news that can't be found from other sources.
- Portals like news.google.com, my.yahoo.com, and news.yahoo.com
- SlashDot.org (lately they've had too much opinion and fluff)
- Gizmondo.com (poor editing, but some amazing products)
- blogs
- IGN (often wrong, but mostly interesting)
- press.nintendo.com It's interesting to note how they change articles after their posted.
- Too many forums to list them all, but WarpPipe is one of my favorites.
- sites in other countries, blogs, and the like dsupdate.net, gamingevolution.blogspot.com, and engadget.com

Edited by - Luigison on 5/16/2005 7:07:31 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Print