Print

Author Topic: Web Site Building Program  (Read 2660 times)

« on: June 29, 2005, 03:08:36 PM »
Does anybody know of a GOOD FREE website building program out there? I'm been trying to search, but I haven't really gotten what I want.

It would just be a program to BUILD the website. Also, I can't do HTML, so no HTML programs, please.

I've been using Yahoo! PageBuilder (geocities), but I don't like there prgram very much (too many kinks). I am going to buy a domain name, I just need a program that will allow me to create the site.

Does anybody know of any good free ones?

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 03:18:27 PM »
HTML is actually really easy to learn. I'd suggest going to the library and getting a couple books on it, or just read up on it on the internet. But if you really don't want to, then I'd recommend getting Mozilla or Netscape and using the included Composer program. It's free, and you don't have to know HTML. Though if you do know HTML, you can go in and tweak the pages even more.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 04:05:27 PM »
*Points at head.  I do all my HTML and CSS raw in a text editor.  I don't like using programs.

There are some good real progams out there Dream Weaver, but all the WYSIWYG programs like Yahoo! Page Builder have "kinks".

I suggest you start learning HTML.  You may find it easiest to learn by example.

---
Play Nintendo!   Everything else is just a game.  I’m now taking volunteers for playNintendo.net.  Reporters, webmasters, designers, graphic artists, and Flash programmers needed.  Email me with a sample of your work.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 05:48:25 PM »
What does WYSIWYG stand for/mean?

But I need a free one. Unfortunetally, I don't have Mozilla or NetScape. Any other suggestions?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 05:52:47 PM »
"What you see is what you get", but it's not true.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 11:38:05 PM »
I'm not sure if it contains the features you need (it probably doesn't), but Windows 98 comes with a free web page editor called Frontpage Express. You can also downaload it off Google. If this doesn't appeal to you, just use Microsoft Word or something of equivalent ability and save as a Web Page.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 07:09:04 PM »
"But I need a free one. Unfortunetally, I don't have Mozilla or NetScape. Any other suggestions?"

Uh, they're both free, so my suggestion is to download one of them. Mozilla is better, so I suggest you go with that. Here are links for your convenience:

Mozilla for Windows

Mozilla for Linux

Mozilla for MacOS X

If for some odd reason you don't want Mozilla, just do a Google search for HTML editors. You should find plenty of them.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 10:17:06 PM »
this text would be bold
this text would be italiced
this text would be bold AND italiced

HTML is not that hard, dude.

Print