Print

Author Topic: Stupid Things In the Mario Universe  (Read 9315 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 06:43:07 PM »
Mario can breathe through his feet. Put in SM64, get in some water and point directly down without actually submerging.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
That's not too bad... but they didn't fix it in SM64DS.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 12:59:25 PM »
I hate how in Luigi's Mansion lightning can flash into some rooms (like the Twins' Room, Butler's Room, and Guest Room) despite the fact  there are no windows. And in rooms at the back of the mansion lightning comes in through the wall OPPOSITE the windows.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 01:16:39 PM »
Silly. The lightning is INSIDE the mansion.

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''ve blow''d up by now.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 08:10:33 PM »
All the Koopa kids...annoying brats that are completly overrated as both characters and bosses. They were nothing special and sure don't deserve this huge following which so rightfully belongs to the partners in Paper Mario: The thousand Year Door.
DK vine trying to make sense of the Supposed DK universe while at the same time ignoring any Mario ties to the unvierse
Fans trying to tie in the adventure games and the spin-off games into one steady timeline. Give it up people.

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2005, 02:54:11 PM »
"DK vine trying to make sense of the Supposed DK universe while at the same time ignoring any Mario ties to the unvierse."

Yes. I think Donkey Kong has been destroyed by Rare. Is he the original or Jr? I don't know.

I''m-a Luigi! Number-a one!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2005, 04:20:25 PM »
Not "Destroyed," The word you're ooking for is "mutilated."

If birds breathed fire everytime they posted, the forum would''ve blow''d up by now.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2005, 05:27:55 PM »
Heh...

Mario Mario he''s our man, if he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
I never liked Donkey Kong as a character at all, even before Rare made their games.  He has a stupid name.  Yes, stupid.  Nintendo changed the name of King Koopa to Bowser, and they changed the name of Princess Toadstool to Peach.  Sega changed the name of Dr. Robotnik to Eggman.  In my opinion, all of these name changes were improvements.  So, the precedent is there.  Isn't it time that Donkey Kong got a better name?

The Rare games were fun, though.

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2005, 08:26:48 PM »
"They were nothing special and sure don't deserve this huge following which so rightfully belongs to the partners in Paper Mario: The thousand Year Door."

Indeed.

And I think that DK's hair is terrible.  It's like a curly thingy, and it just looks really dumb.  I never really liked Donkey Kong that much anyways.  I always thought that it was Bowser who rightfully deserved the reputation of "the strongest Mario character".  But then, I suppose that is up to opinion.      
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2005, 12:46:05 AM »
I thought Donkey Kong was actually a clever name. Donkey, as in a**, as in opposite of king. But the only thing he's good for is a barrel-throwing Pauline-kidnapping eggplant-brained enemy.

It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2005, 09:22:53 AM »
I don't remember DK ever getting any award for Strongest Mario Character. He's been called strong but not the strongest.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2005, 02:15:06 PM »
True...

Mario Mario he''s our man, if he can''t triple-jump and ground-pound no one can!

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 01:27:51 PM »
In PM:TTYD, I tried to fight the Shadow Queen again in the same file but there was nothing there! I just wasted my time going through the Palace of Shadow. But when I was in the last room, I heard extra dialouge. Use Goombella's special ability and she will tell you how she thought about the fight. If, she died, she won't tell you anything.

Naruto, Code:Lyoko, Zatch Bell, Bomberman, and Mario Pwns.

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 05:01:39 PM »
A lot of Mario characters don't seem to have any teeth.  I've seen Luigi's in LM and Wario's of course but don't remember anyone else.  But I guess smiling just isn't as popular as mouth-gaping excitement. XD X@ XP

How does Mario hold his breath so long?  See the bubbles?  Maybe it's some kind of breathing thing like the kind you see in sci-fi stuff.  And then one day he just lost it or something awhile later.  Or maybe he just forgot that he needed to breath.  Some people don't understand certain laws.  Like Bugs Bunny. "I could say that this is defying the law of gravity, but you see I never studied law."

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print