Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 143566 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #600 on: June 17, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »
Hoo boy. Where to begin. Ah yes. My boyfriend got himself a used Sapphire and a new FireRed and me a new LeafGreen (which I like to call LuigiGreen). Anyway, the Sapphire had the Regis and he let me use them to get Regigigas. My level 90 Machamp and Empoleon wore it down with no problem, but then I threw a total of..

10 Ultra Balls
10 Dusk Balls
10 Timer Balls
3 Premier Balls
3 Luxury Balls
2 Quick Balls
1 Great Ball

Guess which one caught it? The Great Ball...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #601 on: June 17, 2007, 08:03:26 PM »
I think it had something to do with that "in a few months" thing...

If you had actually read my post, you would have noticed that I put Darkrai under "Possible," which means I don't know how I'm going to get it. I'm definitely not using an Action-Replay, but I may be able to get one from the GTS (who knows?), or I'll just have to wait until the next Nintendo cross-country event comes around (and that's only if the event is giving away Darkrai; it could be any Pokémon, really.) The only reason I bothered to put Darkrai, though, was because I would like him in my party. He'll probably never be in there, but one can hope.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2007, 08:50:50 PM »
In Diamond, I migrated what is quite possible the ultimate catching Pokémon: A high level Smeargle with False Swipe, Hypnosis, Mean Eye, and one other thing that I can't remember right now. It really is a great help. Where am I going with this?

Regigigas cost me a single Dusk Ball. I don't know why it was so astoundingly easy, especially after Heatran took around 30 Dusk Balls.

« Reply #603 on: June 18, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »
90% GUARANTEED
Torterra
Dialga
Heatran
Giratina

It annoys me greatly when people fill up their teams with legendaries and ubers because of how powerful they are or because they're too lazy to raise any thing that can potentially be great but you're not willing to commit yourself to them.

Like my Skuntank. He's my versatile speedy guy that can probably handle most anything thrown at it. And I caught it with only Toxic and Growl, or something similar to that when it had terrible moves.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #604 on: June 18, 2007, 03:22:08 PM »
We agree on something (add it to a history book or something, someone)! It's something Karen said when you beat her in the Elite Four of the second generation--that there are no strong or weak Pokemon, and true players should win with their favorites.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #605 on: June 18, 2007, 04:02:48 PM »
Excellent point, BP. That's part of the reason I'm not going to use any legendaries in my new Pearl party. I'm not even going to use starters. I actually like challenging myself every so often.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #606 on: June 18, 2007, 07:26:05 PM »
Well, not using starters isn't something I typically do. However, since no one ditches their starter, really, it fills the world with Blazikens and Torterras and stuff... Which is why trading an egg at the beginning of a newly-started file is cool. It'll hatch at level 5, recognize you as its original trainer, and everything. But as I've been saying in this topic, I have no way of doing that. Two Game Boy Pokemon cartridges, one of which is Blue--no egg-trading. One GBA cartridge. One... way... of playing Diamond. And I don't feel like filling up the Sinnoh Pokedex with images just to trade with Ruby, 'cause I don't find Diamond to be so great. It's just me, I can see. Grrrr...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 07:27:47 PM by Bird Person »
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #607 on: June 18, 2007, 09:00:34 PM »
I've already crafted a devious scheme to get my brother's Palkia when he catches it. Since he let me migrate some guys from his FireRed game, I'm going to make him trade me Palkia for one of his guys. I'm also getting a second Azelf and Uxie in this way...once he hurries up and finishes the game...WHICH HE HASN'T BEEN PLAYING...

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #608 on: June 18, 2007, 10:43:27 PM »
Has anybody already posted about how to get "Mystery Gift" in Diamond/Pearl? 'Cause if not... I know (though I don't think I'm supposed to)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #609 on: June 19, 2007, 12:59:52 AM »
You have to go to an event, sadly.

Bird Person, do you actually have Diamond now? If you do, I could get you a wide variety of Pokémon. I have a Level 73 Haunter with great moves that I would hate to see go to waste (of course, you'd get a Gengar, but that's not such a problem, is it?).

And to all other people, I now have Raikou. Once I drain the game, I'll go after Entei. I expect to see a Suicune out of somebody! I still can't find my old LeafGreen cartridge (which had Suicune), but I don't miss K.B. Ghost anymore. I have a female Gengar that is taking his place at my left hand. She's special-- you'd have to see her to know why. Also, I have more than enough Porygons, Eevees, and more. Just ask.

...I still need a Latias.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #610 on: June 19, 2007, 02:05:59 AM »
"Actually..." I thought I established that I'm glad I only pirated it! I haven't played the ROM in the longest, either, beat the second gym and got pretty bored on my way to the exit... True, if I got the National Pokedex it could serve as a tool for trading between Ruby/Fire Red I plan to get and you people, but... worth the time?
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #611 on: June 19, 2007, 12:09:33 PM »
I can't say for sure.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #612 on: June 19, 2007, 03:58:13 PM »
I have a Suicune on my Leaf Green cartridge.  I just have to beat the League before I can move on to that great stuff.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #613 on: June 19, 2007, 06:06:42 PM »
Ack! I sure hope you've got better Pokémon than what I had when I first tried to battle those blokes. Personally, I became very irritated when trying to beat them. Should you need assistance, I can lend you one of my death-dealers (and maybe a Lucky Egg). It's always easier the second time around.

Code: [Select]
Torterra Lv90
Dialga Lv73     (Dialian)
Rayquaza Lv77   (Exosphere)
Kyogre Lv70     (Oceanic)
Heatran Lv77
Haunter Lv74    (Pwnzor)

The Haunter would immediately become a Gengar, of course. It knows Psychic.

The champion has a killer Milotic that used to wipe the floor with me-- until Torterra grew to a satisfactory level.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 06:29:40 PM by Suffix »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #614 on: June 19, 2007, 08:48:47 PM »
That's why I'm leveling up.

My party is now in their upper level 40's.  My Luxray and Palkia are at Lv 49.  I think I wanna get my party to around Lv 60 before I challenge the Elite Four.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print