Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 143085 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2007, 07:22:26 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2007, 08:02:37 PM »
Next thin you know, they'll outlaw being a Zelda fan on the grounds that it promotes pagan religions.

« Reply #452 on: April 04, 2007, 08:07:29 PM »
That's the funniest article I've read all week. It used to be controversial because it promoted witchcraft and jewish beliefs (Look at teh Zubat card in teh mirror!1111), but now it's because it promotes evolution? lolololol.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #453 on: April 04, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »
Guys, it's from a satire site.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #454 on: April 04, 2007, 09:27:52 PM »
I pre-ordered both, but the only reason I did is because I have two Ds's, and I'd be able to trade amongst them. As soon as I get each Legendary and starter on them, though, I'll trade one in. I already know that when I catch that hippo thing, I'm nicknaming it "KaPow!don".

I just hope this game has Exeggcute. Exeggcute is my favorite Pokemon for some reason.

« Reply #455 on: April 05, 2007, 03:06:01 AM »
That article has to be a joke...

Anyway, the thing I'm looking to the most out of the fourth generation is the competitive/online battling. There are so many brilliant Pokemon coming up; Crescelia, Garchomp, PorygonZ, Magnezone, Manaphy, Rhyperior, Infernape and so many more; not to mention that so many of the current Pokemon have gotten improvements/are still as good as ever (Salamence, Skarmory, Heracross). I'm looking forward to using some of these things in battle. >:D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #456 on: April 06, 2007, 03:53:14 PM »
Look at this bullspit: http://gamewad.com/kansas-board-of-education-bans-pok-mon-3096-p.html

That's the funniest article I've read all week. It used to be controversial because it promoted witchcraft and jewish beliefs (Look at teh Zubat card in teh mirror!1111), but now it's because it promotes evolution? lolololol.

I may be mistaken, but aren't the school systems supposed to teach evolution instead of creation?
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #457 on: April 06, 2007, 04:12:58 PM »
I could see Pokemon being banned from churches and Christian schools, but public, Government-funded schools?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #458 on: April 06, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »
It's a satire site. Plus, the whole line between "religious" and "non-religious" education systems like it's being blurred with that whole "intellegent design" thing. What a load of bullhonky.

Sorry for getting OT.

« Reply #459 on: April 06, 2007, 05:09:54 PM »
I thought Evolution was taught in schools too. 'Cause one time I was sent to the principle's office for writing on the back of my evolution quiz with the words "I am not a monkey" in big bold letters. The principle told me that I was "fooling around with my studies and interrupting the class by refusing to learn what the teacher had to say." Then I said that I don't believe in evolution, and he said "Well, you're going to have to learn it anyway."

Brainwashing good time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:14:16 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #460 on: April 06, 2007, 05:29:43 PM »
You must not like monkeys much, because I love the idea of us and monkeys being related. No, I'm not one of those "furry" fans, in case any of you folks were wondering.

OT again. >_>

« Reply #461 on: April 06, 2007, 06:28:21 PM »
It's not that, it's just......well, nevermind. I like monkeys and all, I just don't believe in something that's still a theory (no offense to anyone).
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #462 on: April 06, 2007, 06:57:18 PM »
Then I guess you don't believe in gravity? Gravitation is still a theory, too.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #463 on: April 06, 2007, 07:13:56 PM »
I thought evolution has been scientifically proven.  But I don't think it has been proven that humans evolved form monkeys.  The problem with the evolution theory is, if we weren't created, where would the most basic life form have come from?  If it's the most basic life form, there wouldn't be any life form simpler for it to evolve from.  Even if that statement was inaccurate, can we just please get back on topic?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #464 on: April 06, 2007, 07:37:10 PM »
Apes.  Not monkeys.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print