Print

Author Topic: Spell check  (Read 3570 times)

mario2_gold

• Banned
« on: November 24, 2005, 08:12:55 PM »
I think there should be a spell check,because too many people are spelling things wrong, plus on stories  it leads to,"thats spelled wrong" or "6 spelling errors, missed 5 capitalizations,etc." without hearing how the story was. It happened to me a couple of times because I made typos and I did not feel like correcting them.So will you consiter? ???
{fosters}

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 08:29:25 PM »
This must be a joke.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 09:49:43 PM »
It has to be, because I'm laughing!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 01:38:05 AM »
You can always copy-paste your post (or originally type it) in Word or something, then use spellcheck. Even I've done that before (GASP!), if I'm not sure how to spell something, or if I make a really long post and want to check for typos. I do that very rarely, but hey, it works.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 09:49:03 AM »
If you aren't sure how to spell something, File>>New Tab. Then type "dict (word you are trying to spell here)" into the URL box. If you spell it somewhat close it should show the word you want in a list. This is assuming you use Firefox.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 10:14:22 AM »
When I type longer posts, I tend to use Microsoft Word to spellcheck. Also, I use dictionary.com often for individual words, as well.

However, I don't believe this guy is totally offbase, as many forums do have a spellcheck function. I don't think it's entirely necessary, but I wouldn't say it's a bad idea or anything. Perhaps not worth the amount of work it would be to insert, but nothing worth ridicule.

Being too lazy to correct your own mistakes regardless of a spellcheck feature, however, is.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 10:33:29 AM »
Go here and type the word, to see if it's right.
I'm a horrible person.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 11:06:26 AM »
I tend to just know how to spell a word, and I'm for some reason not good at copy paste.  I'd just ask someone like my mom or other family member how to spell it.  If all else fails, I'll look it up on dictionary.com.  I acutally go there to look up words that you guys use that I don't know.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 01:23:34 PM »
I tend to just know how to spell a word, and I'm for some reason not good at copy paste.  I'd just ask someone like my mom or other family member how to spell it.  If all else fails, I'll look it up on dictionary.com.  I acutally go there to look up words that you guys use that I don't know.

I hear you Markio. I useually aske my momm hjow to spell words and youu naver see me spel word wrong
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 01:20:44 PM »
...No need to quote the post directly above yours.
My typos are usually because I'm not the greatest typer in the world. If I really don't know how a word's spelled, I use Word. But only for words like floccinaucinihilipilification... apocalypse... the... of... I... a... you know, really tough words. Actually... floccinaucinihilipilification isn't even on Word's list of words. Maybe on newer versons of Microsoft Office, if floccinaucinihilipilification was just recently made into an actual word... but it is on dictionary.com here: http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/f/floccinauci.html.
My work here is dun.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print