Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2500164 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9135 on: January 29, 2009, 07:42:05 AM »
I liked the U.S. soldier/Nazi zombie bit.
every

« Reply #9136 on: January 29, 2009, 09:21:11 AM »
Mouse (computing)

In computing, a mouse (plural mouses, mice, or mouse devices) is a pointing device that functions by detecting two-dimensional motion relative to its supporting surface. Physically, a mouse consists of an object held under one of the user's hands, with one or more buttons. It sometimes features other elements, such as "wheels", which allow the user to perform various system-dependent operations, or extra buttons or features can add more control or dimensional input. The mouse's motion typically translates into the motion of a pointer on a display, which allows for fine control of a Graphical User Interface.

The name mouse, originated at the Stanford Research Institute, derives from the resemblance of early models (which had a cord attached to the rear part of the device, suggesting the idea of a tail) to the common mouse.

The first marketed integrated mouse – shipped as a part of a computer and intended for personal computer navigation – came with the Xerox 8010 Star Information System in 1981.

However, not until appearance of Apple Macintosh community masses really had idea of this device's existence: back in 1984, a prominent PC coloumnist commented the release of this new computer with a mouse: “There is no evidence that people want to use these things.”

Mouses now come with most computers, although they can be bought separately.

A contemporary computer mouse, with the most common standard features: two buttons and a scroll wheel which can also act as a third button.
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #9137 on: January 29, 2009, 10:48:10 AM »

Hmm...
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9138 on: January 29, 2009, 12:48:05 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9139 on: January 29, 2009, 07:32:32 PM »
I'dve sped up.

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9140 on: January 29, 2009, 11:15:33 PM »
I'm trying to figure out a good "can't let you do that" joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9141 on: January 30, 2009, 03:33:56 PM »
omg DU A BARL ROLL
every

« Reply #9142 on: January 30, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »
Has anyone heard of the new US embassy?

One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9143 on: January 30, 2009, 09:44:25 PM »
I'm trying to figure out a good "can't let you do that" joke.
As did I...

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9144 on: January 30, 2009, 11:12:50 PM »

hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed. hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed. hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed.
hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed. hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed. hey, has anyone been able to find the whomp sound effect anywhere. i have looked everywhere and i have come up empty handed.

« Reply #9145 on: January 31, 2009, 01:51:40 AM »
Massive tattoo.

Ouuuuuuch.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9146 on: January 31, 2009, 12:40:33 PM »
CrossEyed7, I regret quoting you to see what that said.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #9147 on: January 31, 2009, 11:35:07 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9148 on: February 01, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »
I love you.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9149 on: February 01, 2009, 12:10:02 PM »

Print