Print

Author Topic: Spin-offs ruining the franchise?  (Read 21153 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »
But...wasn't SMB2 a dream, or something? And I'm really tired of all these posts saying "I think Nintendo should make a game, and it'd have Mario, and the bosses would be Mario bosses, and the levels would be Mario levels".
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2007, 03:07:43 PM »
No, it happened in Subcon, the land of dreams, which they found through a door in a cave.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »
... in a dream.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2007, 05:55:43 PM »
...After dreaming about it.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2007, 09:37:13 PM »
I stick to three franchises: The main franchise of course, The mario Kart series, and the RPGs. pertty much everything else I ignore.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2007, 10:29:54 PM »
Please, no more Mario Parties, and no more games where Mario is obviously out of place and/or suddenly becomes "educational".

Seriously, someone should make a Mario text-adventure.

>jump on goomba
I'm sorry, but I don't recognize the word "on"
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2007, 12:23:42 PM »
Please, no more Mario Parties, and no more games where Mario is obviously out of place and/or suddenly becomes "educational".
Nah, they ought to make a Mario Party Anniversary Collection. All seven in one Wii disc.

The games themselves aren't so bad, only their rapid fire rate that's aggravating is all.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
I'd prefer a collection of the mini-games in the first three Mario Parties, as those were the best. The boards and everything else could be brand new. Maybe they could ditch the dice and orb system in favor of something a little less luck-based. Then they could have 8-player Wi-Fi capabilities and call it Mario Party DS. That would be the party to end all parties.

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2007, 12:52:51 PM »
Maybe they could ditch the dice system
...Have you ever played an actual real board game?

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2007, 01:11:35 PM »
Well, Sonic Shuffle used a card system.

Does anyone remember that?.................................no, I guess not.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2007, 02:53:13 PM »
I sure do, and while Sonic Shuffle itself blew chunks, I think a card system could work easily for a DS Mario Party.

...Have you ever played an actual real board game?

Yes, but Mario Party isn't a real board game.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2007, 11:16:41 PM »
Chance based board games are incredibly boring if made wrong (I know of a game which in its entirety involves pulling a card and moving the number of spaces indicated.  You have no choice whatsoever in the events of the game.)

I'd go for ditching the orb system, but the dice are fine, despite my little rant there.  (Why don't they just bring the items back?)
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2007, 07:57:48 PM »
(I know of a game which in its entirety involves pulling a card and moving the number of spaces indicated.  You have no choice whatsoever in the events of the game.)

Sounds similar to Candy Land.. Was it made during that era?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2007, 01:44:43 PM »
Could it be SORRY? I think SORRY is better played with hand of seven cards, as opposed to just drawing one card.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2007, 11:54:11 AM »
Candy Land would be a correct answer.  SORRY! is not because you get to make quite a few move choices.

Print