Poll

Do you think Super Mario Adventures is canon, or non-canon?

Canon
1 (7.1%)
Non-canon
11 (78.6%)
I do not know enough about SMA
2 (14.3%)
There is no Mariology
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Adventures  (Read 5607 times)

« on: June 23, 2007, 06:13:46 PM »
Exactly as stated. For all of you who don't know what Super Mario Adventures is, it was a comic in Nintendo Power that lasted for about 7 or 8 issues. Personnaly, I do not think it is canon. There were too many similarties to Super Mario World which make it SMW vs. SMA on canon. I would rather choose SMW.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 07:47:21 PM »
Nah... But Friendly Floyd would make for a great Mario & Luigi character.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:52:00 PM »
Naw, it was just a comic.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 08:02:31 PM »

And this was LONG before Super Paper Mario!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »
Of course not! It's just a comic (and a really sweet comic at that...I'd kill for the hardback compilation!)... I mean, you can fit it in the storyline/timeline/whatever if you want, but sheesh... are we gonna start trying to classify game ads as canon, too?

"Oh, you know that one for Yoshi's Island on the Game Boy Advance where he throws an egg at that car? Yeah, do you think that was before or after Super Mario World? He was pretty tall, so maybe he ate a mushroom after Mario beat Bowser..."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »
SPOIIIIIIIILAAAAAAARRRZZZZZ!!! (Dumbledore was in that car and therefore YOSHI KILLS DUMBLEDORE!)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »
I knew it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

~Lavender

• What is light urple?
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 06:09:18 PM »
I didnt think it was canon. To me..the characters didnt act the same way they do in the games, a little but not completely. It seemed like it had a different storyline to it too. But here's something I want to know (tell me if its off topic, sorry ><)

In SMA's, all of Bowsers 5 koopa kids were in there including the scene where Luigi dressed as Peach. Those same characters appeared in Mario and Luigi: SS and *spoilers*? Luigi dressed as Peach towards the end of the game when she got captured.

Does this make the Mario and Luigi series canon or not? I mean, they could have just taken the ideas off the comic and put it in there, and it could still be canon, but Im not really sure.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
There are seven of them, and they first appeared in SMB3. The Koopalings (and M&L:SS) are totally canon.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »
This was written long before M&L:SS and SPM.  I don't know if you can see the pics of this comic that I posted.  If not, you can read it at YoshiArt.  I have a feeling that Luigi dressed as Peach in Superstar Saga, and the wedding clothing Peach and Bowser wore at the beginning of SPM were inspired from this comic.  Both Bowsers had a white tux, and Peach's dress looked very similar to the one in this comic.  I don't even want to explain Luigi.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

~Lavender

• What is light urple?
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 07:12:53 PM »
Ugh, I dont want to explain that either. That whole event made some fans go (youknow)...anyway

and oops sorry I ment 7 ^^ I guess they are canon then. still, some people say M and L arent canon at all..but to stay on topic yeah I think they just got inspired >_> I didnt know they were in SMB3.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 08:19:52 PM »
I really wish I had the chance to read it. Can't seem to find much of it on the net aside for one issue with the text completely rewritten...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 08:34:40 PM »
I've got it! Though, the front cover is in sad, sad shape, and the binding is falling apart. Happily, no pages have fallen out as of yet! :)

I could try to scan it in, if you like..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 08:38:29 PM »
That'd be awesome, Toad.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007, 07:44:03 PM »
Wait... There's a Mario canon?

Edit:  Click here for the comic online.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:11:31 PM by DeadAwake »
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print