Print

Author Topic: Mario Galaxy confirmed for November 12th. (New trailer)  (Read 8518 times)

« on: July 11, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
Yey! Finally a release date. Is anyone else watching the e3 conference? They are showed Mario Kart too. and Brawl is set for December 3rd.

There's also a new trailer!
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21554.html?e3i=1&type=mov
There's a big surprise in there.
Mario gets a bee costume.

Here's another new trailer, a developer walk through:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21649.html
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 07:01:34 AM by Metric »
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »
I believe the US is getting Mario Kart in 2008. But this is pretty good news, I think that date works for me, I should have my own money that can pay for that. I'm hoping I can get Brawl for my birthday or something, but I'll probably end up waiting like I did while trying to get the Wii.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »
Yeah Mario Kart is 2008. It looks good too. I like all the new wii gadgets. Umbrella Chronicles looks AWESOME with the Wii Zapper. I won't wait.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:23:06 PM »
I don't have much need for the Zapper, and unless it comes with the game, I probably won't get the steering wheel (unless I somehow get tons of money to spare after buying all these awesome games). But dates! Woot!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »
I like the idea of the Bee Suit, and the other one, the Boo Suit, was cool too.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 04:40:32 PM »
I don't think the Bee Suit is a spoiler. It looks fun.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 04:47:59 PM »
and unless it comes with the game, I probably won't get the steering wheel
Sounds like the steering wheel will be bundled with Mario Kart, so everyone will own it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 05:47:56 PM »
Argh... Peteranhasaurus Rex... I guess I'm stupid to think he wouldn't make it to SMG, but... whyyyyyyy?
Otherwise, looks good. I hope it's a real challenge, at least as far as getting everything goes. Like... three hundred stars total. Keep extra lives in the valuable zone. Reset life counter to four every time you start. A few frustratingly hard stages (like the secret ones in SMSu, some of those were evil).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »
^ I'd like less of those secret ones and more actual levels, please (I don't think we need to worry about having few worlds, seeing as it takes place in outer space, but c'mon... SMS had, what, like, 8? 9? And technically, they were all the same world. He could've just walked, but then it would've been like Zelda)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 10:35:41 PM »
One part of that movie just gave me a hilarious idea for a fanart!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:28:42 AM »
I hope it's a real challenge, at least as far as getting everything goes. Like... three hundred stars total.
This is part of why Mario went downhill.  Collect-a-thons. :(

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 12:36:35 AM »
That wouldn't be a challenge so much as a chore.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 02:48:54 AM »
Mario went downhill?

For the record, Mario invented collect-a-thons starting in Yoshi's Island and setting the template in SM64 that 3D platformers revolved around collecting.

Is Yoshi's Island the start of this downhill?

Blue coins in Sunshine is the only problem I could think of.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 06:36:43 AM »
I like collecting stuff, and don't forget. 300 stars would be 300 challenges, so it won't just be searching. The only time I think Mario went downhill was with Mario 2. Other than that, all the canon games have been epically unbelievable. Even Sunshine Which was easily up there with the rest.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 01:29:34 PM »
If the 300 tasks for getting the stars were fun and didn't drone on and on, it'd be fine with me. I think what makes collecting them all in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS is that a lot of them require you to do the same thing as you did in another level. Collecting Blue Coins in Sunshine was super lame, because of the predictability and repetitiveness, I think. Mario is flying around in space among small planets with potential to be extremely different, not only from each other but from anything we've seen in a Mario game before.
Well, something else, then. I just want it to last a long long time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print