Print

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 17578 times)

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2011, 09:42:55 AM »

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »
I'll put it this way: SS is everything TP should have been.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 02:35:49 PM »
I'll put it this way: SS is everything TP should have been.
MustfixWiimustfixWiimustfixWii!

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »
I am definitely loving this game. I'm currently in the 4th temple. The lack of familiar locations makes me a little sad, though the tons of connections and references to other games sort of makes up of that.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2011, 11:58:13 PM »
Five or six Game Overs during the first boss battle, none of which were my fault.

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 10:20:09 PM »
This is officially tied with Donkey Kong Country Returns for my favorite game on Wii.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 10:59:55 PM »
26 hours in. Best Zelda since Wind Waker.

If it can keep this up, it'll be the best ever.

Just stop effing telling me what an amber fragment thing is every time i pick one up even if i already played the game earlier today and picked up an amber fragment thing then

At least it doesn't tell me what a Blue Rupee is every session like Twilight Princess did. And it also doesn't suck and be boring like Twilight Princess did.

Also, I'm still not really sure how you're supposed to do the first boss.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2012, 12:58:06 AM »
Having more-or-less completed the game, I can say this is probably the best LoZ to date.

Assuming you're referring to Skyview Temple's boss, in the first phase you should wave your sword around until he stops moving his hand accordingly, then strike from the opposite angle. In part deux, volley back his arrows with properly-angled slashes, use horizontal or vertical strikes depending on how he's holding his sword, shield-bash his regular attacks to stun him, and disrupt his dash-and-slash move with well-timed Spin Attacks.

Just stop effing telling me what an amber fragment thing is every time i pick one up even if i already played the game earlier today and picked up an amber fragment thing then

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2012, 01:20:15 AM »
Also -- while Fi nagging you about your low hearts is really lame and stupid (with no way to avoid the message other than healing, meaning that if you want to know the name of an enemy when you only have three hearts, Link calls Fi out, she tells him his hearts are low, she goes back into the sword, and then he calls her out a second time, which is almost as dumb as the times when she tells you something in a cutscene, goes back into the sword, the cutscene fades out, it fades in to gameplay, and Fi comes out again and tells you what she just told you, only more explicitly), the one-heart beep is very unobtrusive. Almost... too much so. It should stay the way it is when just walking around, but I think it would add a lot to the tension if the sound got more urgent when you have one heart left during a boss fight, and maybe even more so when you have a fraction of a heart.

But hey, if I'm telling a Zelda game that its one-heart beep isn't annoying enough, that in and of itself is a monumental leap forward for the series.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2012, 01:39:44 AM »
Speaking of losing hearts, who here has tried [SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME] Hero Mode? It's difficult until you get the Heart Medal, at which point it becomes hardly any different.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2012, 01:40:52 PM »
Best Zelda game.

No fooling, I liked it better than Ocarina of Time. The story was as good. The characters were better. The controls, I *****ed about until I got to the first dungeon, then I finally shook hands with them and agreed that it wasn't going to be as easy as mashing B and spamming jump attacks this time. The monsters were boss. The bosses were monster. The music was lovely. All the cutscenes felt like they were supposed to. The item upgrades were the best idea. I never had a full wallet.

I want to play it in HD. So bad. Wii U, fulfill my wish, please.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print