Print

Author Topic: Super Princess PEACH ?? C´mon be more serious  (Read 17825 times)

« on: January 13, 2005, 08:01:41 AM »
Nintendo must be out of ideas to produce a game like that.Super princess peach ??!? What kind of game is appropriate for an teen/adult queen without gaming experience that the only thing she can is to wait for mario to save her or baking cakes for him ??

And what hypothesis should this game will include ? Here is one: While Peach was washing her bra (if she has any breast to put in it) the evil Bowser stole her precious Super Mushroom Detergent. Now she must travel through 7 exciting worlds (including general stores, cloth stores, beauty salons, and weight loss centers to bring it back). C´mon we are not a bunch of blind mario fans.

Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !
Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 12:26:18 PM »
 That's hands down the most sexist post I've ever read. Wow.

Anyway, I don't think it's such a horrible idea. And besides, Peach was in Super Mario USA. It'll all depend on how the game turns out, really.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 01:53:57 PM »
I hate it when people think an acute accent is a sufficient apostrophe.

', not ´.

EDIT: On another note, ` and ` aren't apostrophes either.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 1/13/2005 11:56:26 AM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 02:41:12 PM »
Well, the princess's best weapon in SMRPG is a ... Frying Pan... Not intending to insinuate anything with this. Just a point.

Anyways, I don't know what to think of this game, to be honest. Nintendo has, at least to me, played Princess Peach as a character unable to help herself... it'd be nice to shed this misconception. Then again... Hmmmm... Either way, I doubt I'll get it, but that's just me, again.

Your argument just oozes stereotype and lacks foundation, but Black Mage already pointed this out. (Granted, I've written a formulative essay against the princess. Then again, that is also me.)

Just a warning to everyone. Any attempts to use that first "argument" as justification...

...that all men are womanizing pigs will result in severe rebuke. You have been warned.

And an acute accent is better than no apostrophe at all.

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/13/2005 12:42:18 PM

~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 07:46:47 PM »
I think it'll be cool. I like Peach. I just wonder about her voice. She can be kind of annoying.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 07:59:45 PM »
this story is downright WiERd. lol!
"Ok class, listen up! Mario2 + Luigi1 = mariluigi3"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 11:18:32 PM »
I'd say it's pretty hard to know if the story is weird or not, considering we don't even know what the story is yet! Come on.

And just for the record, Peach is awesome in SMB2, SMRPG, and SSBM. What's so wrong about having a solo game? Fans have made SMB hacks starring Peach before, and things like that... I think it'll be a good game, just because Nintendo makes good side-scrollers, and I like Peach.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 08:38:12 AM »
Oh man.  Black mage was right, that post is incredibly sexist.

Anyway, I like the idea that Peach is getting her own game.  I think we can all agree that she deserves a chance at the spotlight just as much as Luigi did before Luigi's Mansion.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 11:52:50 AM »
Let me tell ya why I'm so outraged with that game. Because I am a HUGE Wario and Waluigi fan and I can't see that happening.
Because a character like Waluigi so misunderstood by the whole Nintendo family does not have his own game yet.
Why ?
Because the character of Waluigi is bad and a little violent. And what is the first type of game is coming in my mind with Waluigi ? A cool destruction-beat 'em up game with Waluigi making trouble in the mushroom village.
Just think about those many cool ideas that you can retrieve from a character like this. I am not a sexist but princess Peach is way too "little" to have her own game.

Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !
Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 03:19:23 PM »
Let me tell you, Princess Peach has every right to have her own game made!  With-out her, no mario games would even exist!  Sure she got a spot of the action in SMB2, but as far as I'm concered, I will buy that game.

Fencing, 17th Century!  YOU''RE IT!!
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 05:09:11 PM »
super_zombie, not only are your rants annoying, they're lacking any definate information or whatnot to back it up.  Peach is most definately not a "little" character in the Mario series and I can tell you she probably deserves a game, as a character, more than Waluigi.  Why?
1)Peach is a large part of most plots in most Mario games.
2)Peach has been in Mario games ince 1985.
3)A game involving Peach may appeal to more female gamers (although probably to more of a younger age group).

And why shouldn't Waluigi have his own game?
1)Waluigi was created by Nintendo in 2000, and not as a character with huge significance (at the time).  The Waluigi in Mario Tennis (N64) was similar to Todette in MK:DD; he was a compliment to a chracter that lacked one.
ie: Wario : Waluigi : : Toad : Todette
2)So far, Waluigi's significance (or relevance, for that matter) to any adventure game starring Mario has been very, very little.
3) Nintendo isn't belittling Waluigi because he might be "bad" or "violent."  You see that Wario has his own games.  Where, may I ask, is that fine line that makes Waluigi "violent" enough to not have his own game?  As you can see with the many Wario games, the main character doesn't have be in "A cool destruction-beat 'em up game with [him] making trouble in the mushroom village."

I am not saying that I hate Waluigi, I'm just saying that I strongly disapprove of people who think that they can hold an argument such as this based strictly on opinion.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Edited by - Nameneko on 1/14/2005 3:13:57 PM
"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 06:50:56 PM »
I wouldn't mind a game with Waluigi as the hero. But I'd still like to have the Peach game as well.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 07:55:51 PM »
I'll admit, I'd like to see a game for Waluigi simply to show some relevance for his existance at all.  As stated before, he wasn't created to be a serious character; he was created as a place holder so they could add more characters to the Mario spin-off titles.  Where as Peach has been a significant character in the super Mario series from the very beginning (Not counting Donkey Kong and the original Mario Bros) and actually adds to the storyline.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 08:44:51 PM »
I'm sorry for a potential threadjack, but reading the title made me think of this.

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/14/2005 6:49:15 PM

~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 09:11:47 PM »
I think it could be outrageously worse.  What if they made "Super Pirahna Petey"?  A game with Peach isn't that bad, especially if it's going to be a side-scroller.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print