Print

Author Topic: Super Princess PEACH ?? C´mon be more serious  (Read 17820 times)

« on: January 13, 2005, 08:01:41 AM »
Nintendo must be out of ideas to produce a game like that.Super princess peach ??!? What kind of game is appropriate for an teen/adult queen without gaming experience that the only thing she can is to wait for mario to save her or baking cakes for him ??

And what hypothesis should this game will include ? Here is one: While Peach was washing her bra (if she has any breast to put in it) the evil Bowser stole her precious Super Mushroom Detergent. Now she must travel through 7 exciting worlds (including general stores, cloth stores, beauty salons, and weight loss centers to bring it back). C´mon we are not a bunch of blind mario fans.

Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !
Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 12:26:18 PM »
 That's hands down the most sexist post I've ever read. Wow.

Anyway, I don't think it's such a horrible idea. And besides, Peach was in Super Mario USA. It'll all depend on how the game turns out, really.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 01:53:57 PM »
I hate it when people think an acute accent is a sufficient apostrophe.

', not ´.

EDIT: On another note, ` and ` aren't apostrophes either.

Edited by - Vidgmchtr on 1/13/2005 11:56:26 AM
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 02:41:12 PM »
Well, the princess's best weapon in SMRPG is a ... Frying Pan... Not intending to insinuate anything with this. Just a point.

Anyways, I don't know what to think of this game, to be honest. Nintendo has, at least to me, played Princess Peach as a character unable to help herself... it'd be nice to shed this misconception. Then again... Hmmmm... Either way, I doubt I'll get it, but that's just me, again.

Your argument just oozes stereotype and lacks foundation, but Black Mage already pointed this out. (Granted, I've written a formulative essay against the princess. Then again, that is also me.)

Just a warning to everyone. Any attempts to use that first "argument" as justification...

...that all men are womanizing pigs will result in severe rebuke. You have been warned.

And an acute accent is better than no apostrophe at all.

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/13/2005 12:42:18 PM

~I.S.~

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 07:46:47 PM »
I think it'll be cool. I like Peach. I just wonder about her voice. She can be kind of annoying.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 07:59:45 PM »
this story is downright WiERd. lol!
"Ok class, listen up! Mario2 + Luigi1 = mariluigi3"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 11:18:32 PM »
I'd say it's pretty hard to know if the story is weird or not, considering we don't even know what the story is yet! Come on.

And just for the record, Peach is awesome in SMB2, SMRPG, and SSBM. What's so wrong about having a solo game? Fans have made SMB hacks starring Peach before, and things like that... I think it'll be a good game, just because Nintendo makes good side-scrollers, and I like Peach.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 08:38:12 AM »
Oh man.  Black mage was right, that post is incredibly sexist.

Anyway, I like the idea that Peach is getting her own game.  I think we can all agree that she deserves a chance at the spotlight just as much as Luigi did before Luigi's Mansion.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 11:52:50 AM »
Let me tell ya why I'm so outraged with that game. Because I am a HUGE Wario and Waluigi fan and I can't see that happening.
Because a character like Waluigi so misunderstood by the whole Nintendo family does not have his own game yet.
Why ?
Because the character of Waluigi is bad and a little violent. And what is the first type of game is coming in my mind with Waluigi ? A cool destruction-beat 'em up game with Waluigi making trouble in the mushroom village.
Just think about those many cool ideas that you can retrieve from a character like this. I am not a sexist but princess Peach is way too "little" to have her own game.

Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !
Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 03:19:23 PM »
Let me tell you, Princess Peach has every right to have her own game made!  With-out her, no mario games would even exist!  Sure she got a spot of the action in SMB2, but as far as I'm concered, I will buy that game.

Fencing, 17th Century!  YOU''RE IT!!
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 05:09:11 PM »
super_zombie, not only are your rants annoying, they're lacking any definate information or whatnot to back it up.  Peach is most definately not a "little" character in the Mario series and I can tell you she probably deserves a game, as a character, more than Waluigi.  Why?
1)Peach is a large part of most plots in most Mario games.
2)Peach has been in Mario games ince 1985.
3)A game involving Peach may appeal to more female gamers (although probably to more of a younger age group).

And why shouldn't Waluigi have his own game?
1)Waluigi was created by Nintendo in 2000, and not as a character with huge significance (at the time).  The Waluigi in Mario Tennis (N64) was similar to Todette in MK:DD; he was a compliment to a chracter that lacked one.
ie: Wario : Waluigi : : Toad : Todette
2)So far, Waluigi's significance (or relevance, for that matter) to any adventure game starring Mario has been very, very little.
3) Nintendo isn't belittling Waluigi because he might be "bad" or "violent."  You see that Wario has his own games.  Where, may I ask, is that fine line that makes Waluigi "violent" enough to not have his own game?  As you can see with the many Wario games, the main character doesn't have be in "A cool destruction-beat 'em up game with [him] making trouble in the mushroom village."

I am not saying that I hate Waluigi, I'm just saying that I strongly disapprove of people who think that they can hold an argument such as this based strictly on opinion.

"There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people."

Edited by - Nameneko on 1/14/2005 3:13:57 PM

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 06:50:56 PM »
I wouldn't mind a game with Waluigi as the hero. But I'd still like to have the Peach game as well.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 07:55:51 PM »
I'll admit, I'd like to see a game for Waluigi simply to show some relevance for his existance at all.  As stated before, he wasn't created to be a serious character; he was created as a place holder so they could add more characters to the Mario spin-off titles.  Where as Peach has been a significant character in the super Mario series from the very beginning (Not counting Donkey Kong and the original Mario Bros) and actually adds to the storyline.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 08:44:51 PM »
I'm sorry for a potential threadjack, but reading the title made me think of this.

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 1/14/2005 6:49:15 PM

~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 09:11:47 PM »
I think it could be outrageously worse.  What if they made "Super Pirahna Petey"?  A game with Peach isn't that bad, especially if it's going to be a side-scroller.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 10:59:30 PM »
I just realized that Black Mage wrote "sexist" and not "sexiest" as I've been reading the whole time. Clears some things up. =)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2005, 12:33:10 AM »
Although I'm not a fan of Peach, this game might have some potential. She might even have her floaty power in the game.
Deezer was here.

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 02:40:14 AM »
*spoilers*

Actually, from what I've read all of her abilities are actually performed by a magic parasol named Kassaa.  Apparently Kassaa can do everything "from striking enemies, to helping Peach float" (IGN).  It seems to me like some of the game will also revolve around the emotions of either Peach or Kassaa.  In the screenshots you can see an image of Peach that takes up the entire upper screen, which makes me think that there will be an emotional system kind of like in Yoshi's Story where if you get hit Peach's facial expression changes.  But that's just an uneducated theory on my part.

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 11:53:12 AM »
That makes as much sense as anything here. Actually, this game was most likely made to appeal to female gamers, as there are more of them around, but I think they aimed a bit too low on the age scale to get a lot of people. I'll still get it anyways (BTW, I'm male).

---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---
---Mario and Sonic shall clash together soon. Be on the lookout.---

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 02:21:47 PM »
MEGA sexiest post!
If Peach dosen't get her own game she could at least get a main role.... As warluigi shouldn't he's to new.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2005, 04:24:14 PM »
There's no need to create a game with Peach to attract the female gamers, because the Mario series are very childish and easy digestive for everybody.

COMING SOON "Super Goomba bros vs Shy Guy"
Ahahahaaaa, I GOT IT !

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2005, 08:27:45 PM »
Your post is one, big oxymoron.  If a game is "very childish," then chances are, it won't be "easy digestive [sic] for everybody" because a childish game, for obvious reasons, wouldn't be played by everyone.  As you can see by the age limitation to join the forum, the people (or at least most of) on this board are not little children.
And, as a note, you obviously don't realize that your idea of "Super Goomba bros [sic] vs Shy Guy" is, in no way whatsoever, comparable to "Super Princess Peach," no matter how dumb you might think that it is.

Edited by - Nameneko on 1/15/2005 6:28:29 PM

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005, 08:59:33 PM »
So when is this thread getting locked and this guy get banned?

Dang Jackie, I don''t want to kiss a short, pale and poor girl.
-Michael Kelso, That 70''s show_
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2005, 09:44:13 PM »
Perhaps the name "Super Princess Peach" is the working title (or the title in Japan). NOA may probably come up with a more appealing name for the game.

I am feeling fat, and sassy!

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2005, 11:10:59 PM »
I agree with Mr.Wiggles, we should probably lock this thing down.

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2005, 02:17:24 AM »
Obviously, Nintendo realise that the 'Peach gets kidnapped storyline' is getting old, and so they're putting Peach in her own game. I mean, she's not the best character out there, but there has to be a character for everyone.

Wait up, Waluigi fans... you'll get your turn.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2005, 12:54:11 PM »
Super Princess Peach is aiming a bit too low on the gaming scale, and it might upset some Nintendo gamers that they would give such an unexpected character their own video game. On the other hand, we have virtually no idea what the game is about (besides the fact that it stars Peach and her animate umbrella). Why people are so quickly jumping to conclusions is beyond me.

As for Waluigi, I would very much enjoy a darker tale of Waluigi (and possibly Wario, but I would rather expand on a not-as-well-known character) wreaking havoc with a Jak and Daxter kind of theme. I know that this would go against a lot of Nintendo's kid-fun Mario policy, but I'd still kinda like it. I LOVED Jak and Daxter 2, where you could ride around on those floating vehicle and run from police and stuff. That would be so cool to have Waluigi and Wario go around doing bad stuff like that.

"I could have more fun watching paint dry...
C''mon Blue! Dry Blue! C''mon!"
-The Decline of Video Gaming
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2005, 01:44:13 PM »
I hate it when I stop paying attention to the gaming world for months on end and all these weird games and new systems that I've never heard of appear out of nowhere.

Is there really going to be a Princess Peach game or is this all just a bunch of "what if"s?

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2005, 07:27:29 PM »
I just realized that, ever since I left my aunt's house when I was 6, I wanted to be Mario's personal friend.  But it never occured to me that Mario was an inatamet character.  But, now, as I reach deep inside myself, I find my own Mario.  A Mario I can relate to.  I also wanted to be a friend of mario's friends.  And I can imagine the stuff we would do or adventures we would have.  But everyone would be as equally as important as mario.  Working together is where it is at.

Fencing, 17th Century!  YOU''RE IT!!
I only watch [adult swim]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2005, 08:06:54 PM »
Yes, frostbite, they are indeed making a Super Princess Peach game.

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2005, 01:21:01 AM »
Yes, frostbite, Nintendo has a new system out. It's cool.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2005, 01:38:13 AM »
Several release dates:

Luigi

1st Appearance: Mario Bros Arcade, 1983
1st Solo Game: Mario is Missing, July 1993
Notable Appearance: Super Mario Bros 2 USA, October 1988

Peach
1st Appearance: Super Mario Bros, October 1985
1st Solo Game: Super Princess Peach, 2005?
Notable Appearance: Super Mario Bros 2 USA, October 1988

Waluigi
1st Appearance: Mario Tennis, August 2000
1st Solo Game: ?????
Notable Appearance: None

As you can see, Luigi has a ten year gap between his debut and first solo games, while Peach has twenty years. However, this means we could be waiting until about 2020 until a Waluigi game, unless Nintendo manages to sneak him into a Wario game.

But then:

Diddy Kong
1st Appearance: Donkey Kong Country, November 1994
1st Solo Game: Diddy Kong Racing, 1999
Notable Appearance: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong’s Quest, December 1995

However, Diddy Kong only had to wait 5 years for his shot in the spotlight (?), so a Waluigi game could be coming sooner than we thought.

Whoo... long post!

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »
Waluigi is going to star in the last game for the cube(which is the real reason the most common colors are purple and black which are waluigis colors) it will be called Waluigis dump it will be Waluigi finding that everytime one of the others gets an adventurew they get the girl at the end(Mario-Peach Luigi-well he saved Eclair but realized he really loved Daisy Wario-well their was Mona from Wario Ware but he didnt really save her from anything) Waluigi with the help of his new allies Stanly The bugman Wart and others have decided they want respect too

Waluigi's Dump
RPG

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
I'd say that Spelling/Grammar-Check should be in the game.  It IS neglected...

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2005, 07:57:46 PM »
i kinda lik da idea of SPP then my cuzin and all of the peach fans can finally hav peach in a solo game and proberly Waluigi will hav a solo game in a year or more.
[= [   ] =]DS touching is
[+ [   ]::]good.

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2005, 12:55:19 AM »
Actually, a Wario Land 5/ Wario World 2 game with both Wario brothers in it would be nice, and then an appearance by Waluigi in the next SSB-- it would be interesting to see what Waluigi can do!

''If Timmy has seven apples and Peter has five apples, why don''t they just shut up and eat?''

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2005, 09:04:44 AM »
What kind of moves would he have, though?  Wario is really strong, and Waluigi is...?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2005, 07:35:47 PM »
Well, as seen in Mario Party 3, Waluigi is very clever and has a devastating kick. Another thing I observed from Mario Party 3 was that he shows no respect for people's property and enjoys employing species found in Bowser's troops to help him annex facilities. So goes my hypothesis, anyway.

"What? A half-gallon already?"
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2005, 09:36:54 PM »
That's an interesting point, actually. Wario wasn't in either Smash Bros. game, and it's kind of too bad. Wario's a cool Nintendo character and a very well-known one, and he's obviously got good fighting abilities. If they ever make another Smash Bros. game, they ought to put Wario in it (and perhaps Waluigi too).
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2005, 12:30:28 PM »
look at Mario Power Tennis  for his speial powers he can stop time anbd crap Waluigi would rock

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 03:01:45 AM »
Wario has the girl he saved from Wario land 4.
LUIGI OWNS YOU!!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2005, 01:43:38 PM »
can you really count her though I mean she was lie 4 different things includin a mr GAW type character Mona is much better

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2005, 09:23:08 PM »
Luigi Simpson, how can you come to a conclusion that Diddy Kong's first starring role was DKR when it was obviously DKC2. His name was in the title, and he was the main character. So by logic, he only had to wait one year to get his first starring role.

RedSavageWarrior: So now I have the Evil Plastic Talking Masturbating Plant of Doom
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2005, 10:18:55 PM »
Sorry. I made a mistake- you're right Mr. Wiggles.

Anyway, I always thought that Waluigi would have some kind of cool attack, like ice. Waluigi is a great character, and I would hate to see him go to waste.

Epitaph No.1: I told you I was sick!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2005, 10:59:56 PM »
A weird way to mess up the Mario series would be to give them elements, as follows:

Luigi: Earth!
Mario: Fire!
Wario: Wind
Waluigi: Water!
Peach: Heart!

GO, PLANET!

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2005, 11:15:43 PM »
superzombie, that was the sexiest post

yes "sexiest" as in sexy.

I think it's nice to have some funny topics where we discuss things with some negative opinion, then we get "Mr. Moms" saying "Oh, he said something sexist, he must be banned, and this topic must be closed"...party pooper.  Come on, i like reading funny stuff like that.

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2005, 12:13:05 AM »
This SPP game looks cool.
Don't knock things until you've tried them.
And Waluigi with an Ice power? You guys are making this stuff up on the spot, right?
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2005, 01:41:17 AM »
Luigi: Earth!
Mario: Fire!
Wario: Wind
Waluigi: Water!
Peach: Heart!

It's been done, it's called Power Rangers: Mystic Force

Mr. Moms

Is that a shot at me?

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2005, 03:18:36 AM »
Waluigi's powers have not been confirmed as yet, but I was merely stating that had Waluigi starred in some kind of Mario RPG, his power might be ice.

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2005, 08:31:36 AM »
Wouldn't Wario be rock, wind seems kind of wussyish if thats a word oh and markio Super Petey Piranha would be cool. Go Petey!
 Mario is a nutritional part of your every-day meal!!!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2005, 10:36:50 AM »
Luigi: Fire  --- Waluigi: Ice
Mario: Paper --- Wario: Rock
Peach: Heart --- Bowswer: Poison
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2005, 01:44:11 PM »
Luigison, I don't think Mario being paper is in the same category as fire, rock, and ice. If Luigi was fire, since fire burns paper, are you implying that Luigi is superior to Mario? Besides, paper comes from animal skins or trees, so wouldn't Mario then actually be the element of nature?

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2005, 02:06:24 PM »
I didn't think of Luigi, Mario, or Peach fighting each other.  Instead I looked at their nemises.  Fire melts ice - Luigi beats Waluigi.  Paper wraps rock - Mario beats Wario.  Etc.  I also tried to think of elements (?) that most fit a character.  For example, Mario is paper in "Paper Mario", I think Peach had the ability to heal in Mario RPG, and Wario seems like a rock to me.  As far a Luigi being fire, I don't know.  It just seems like Waluigi should be ice.  I though of the character in "The Incrediblies" that had the power of ice.

Anyway, didn't Luigi beat Mario (and all other characters) in our recent elimination round.

Back to topic: I am very much looking forward to "Super Princess Peach", but not as much as  (NEW) Super Mario Bros. DS.

Edit: I was going to change the various spelling and grammer errors in this post, but desided to let my lack of ability with the English language to speak for itself.  Enjoy, berate, ignore.  I don't care.

Edited by - Luigison on 3/20/2005 12:11:55 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2005, 02:59:42 PM »
Once Super Princess Peach comes out I will regret it exists. It's the worst idea Nintendo has had yet. (At least to me). I will never play it.

"We roll tonight, to the guitar bite, and for those about to rock... I salute you."-AC/DC
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2005, 09:39:55 PM »
I'm surprised No one caught the "Go planet!" in my post, which implied I was referring to Captain Planet.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2005, 09:55:08 PM »
>I'm surprised No one caught the "Go planet!" in my post, which implied I was referring to Captain Planet.

Or no one cared.  I personally didn't see it, but if I had I wouldn't have cared.

Will this thread get back on topic?

Edited by - Luigison on 3/20/2005 8:02:16 PM

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2005, 11:43:07 PM »
"Once Super Princess Peach comes out I will regret it exists. It's the worst idea Nintendo has had yet. (At least to me). I will never play it."

The title

You only know the frickin title and what type of game it'll be! Give it a frickin chance for god's sake. It's not a bad idea since:

1. It expands on an existing character
2. It gives someone other than Mario a chance to shine.
3. It can prove she isn't helpless
4. There is no four, don't judge before you even try it.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2005, 11:56:38 PM »
I know you meant "There is no four" to mean that there was no fourth reason, but the first time I read it I thought you were trying to type "therefor".  Heh.

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2005, 12:37:48 AM »
Here's what I think they should be:

Mario- Fire
Luigi- Thunder
Wario- Power/Earth
Waluigi- Ice
Toad- Power (in General)
Peach- Mystify
Daisy- Heart
Bowser- You should know!

If I've missed any out, just ask me.

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2005, 07:42:33 AM »
Well, it was made by Nintendo of Japan so people would expect games coming from there
would be very weird.

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2005, 08:32:29 PM »
Actually, I'm a huge Peach fan, so I was happy to hear about the game... yeah.  I mean, since Peach has been gaining a more wimpy damsel-in-distress reputation lately (i.e. not kicking Bowser Jr.'s butt and only being like "Yer Bowser's son? But...").  But, then we think of even Paper Mario where she spoiled Bowser's plans by leaking information to Mario and it just doesn't fit.  Hopefully, this game, even if it is "efeminate" will bring back the frying-pan beat-'em-up gal we all know and (in my case) love.

No sig ideas...yet.
Talk to someone around a popular person, and they''ll say Mario is [censored] and that GTA is glorious.  Talk to the same person in private and he''ll fess up to loving the Mario series.  And if he doesn''t at first, you may need to bribe him/her with money.

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2005, 02:04:48 AM »
Thats the most sexist post I've ever read too.I dont think thats even funny.And I agree with superstarMASHIAH on page one.I dont really like Peach, but she DOES derserve her own game.And, I've already come to the conclusion no Waluigi games will ever be made anyways......I just hope I'm wrong, as I most likely will be in this situation....

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:27:28 PM by PaperMario »

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2005, 03:31:42 AM »
I also agree with Mr.Wiggles.super zombie's critisizing a game that isnt even out yet! And his rants lack logic.Just because there's never been a Wario and Waluigi game he hates it.he needs to be more reasonable with his rants.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:20:15 PM by PaperMario »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2005, 09:01:02 AM »
Have you heard of the ability to edit posts, PaperMario? Click the yellow thing on the right above your post if you want to add something to it instead of constantly double-posting. And I think a Peach game is an awesome idea. The whole "Princess in a castle who is completely defenseless and must be saved by a big muscular guy" concept is too fairytale-ish and stereotypical for females, so a game where you PLAY as peach is cool. Plus, this is the first time you'll get to play as peach, save for SMB2. And I agree, that first message topic starter was sexist.

-------------------------------------
"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2005, 12:53:06 PM »

Why, someone tell me, why do people bring up, old, dead threads that don't really need to be brought up anymore?

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2005, 02:04:16 PM »
Thanks Glorb.I just forget sometimes.And as I said, I really dont like Peach that much, but mabye this game will change the way we all think about her.

Vid: ...Yeah, for sure posting in the topic just to address the issue will make the problem go away...    *rolls eyes*
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:22:37 PM by PaperMario »

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2005, 03:14:20 PM »
Is this game even going to come out?

I hate it when people act like the "damsel in distress" scenario is so outdated and sexist. In fact, feminism itself disgusts me. </off-topic>

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2005, 04:33:07 PM »
Super Princess Peach???  Never even heard of this game...who know what they say:  When you haven't heard of something, google it.

“A wagon full of pamcakes?  In the Champeen ship?!  I’d like to see ya try!” ~ Homestar Runner        
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2005, 07:57:04 PM »
I first heard about it in an old issue of Nintendo Power.

Why doesnt Peach ever kiss Mario on the lips,you ask?!? Its because of that mustache!!!! I'm tellin you, its gotta go.

Edited by - PaperMario on 8/9/2005 6:57:54 PM

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2005, 11:59:03 PM »
In fact, feminism itself disgusts me.

I like to think that both males and females are fairly equal, no one sex is better than the other.

The "manly men" who look down upon women are idiots, as well as the feminists who look down upon men.

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2005, 12:56:54 AM »
I agree.Its never right to to think of one gender superior to the other.They are equal and and it should stay that way.

" I would suggest that it''''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2005, 09:03:09 AM »
For everybody who doesn't know about the game, here goes:

Little info has been released, but it has been confirmed that it will be a beat-'em-up style game where you play as Peach (duh). The bottom (touch) screen will be used for the main gameplay, i.e. moving Peach and attacking with the stylus. The top screen just shows Peach's face in various expressions (not very helpful other than to warn you that you've been hit, but it does show off the good sprite artwork). Judging from the screenshots, it appears as though you will use either Peach's classic frying pan weapon or a parasol or something. And while the DS is capable of much better graphics (they're about GBA quality), they are adequate.

Well, I hope this clears a few things up.

-------------------------------------
"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »
Looking at the pictures just forces the words, " Super Mario Bros. 2 " into my mind..............its like, the same to me accept only Peach.......................

" I would suggest that it''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2005, 06:17:54 PM »
From a certain source, Instead of Peach getting Saved, Mario has to get saved. And what else, (you guessed it) Peach has to save Mario!(?!?!?) its pretty much like yoshi's island with the game play, items and graphics, plus Peach has a parasol utterly named Kassaa.(which has a face) I wonder if She can "stomp" any enemies...
Other than that it dosent sound too bad, but i'd rather play Yoshi's Island instead.

Metal Slug and Mario is so cool

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2005, 06:21:21 PM »
I think she uses an umbrella. Mario getting saved by Peach...what is this world coming to?

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2005, 09:33:22 PM »
Uh, guys, I didn't say anything about one sex being better than the other. I consider them equal too. I just think they are different, and that women shouldn't be like men and vice versa.

There is nothing wrong with the "damsel in distress" thing. Men are stronger and more adventurous than women; it's a fact of nature. This doesn't mean that men are better, however. Women have a different but equally important role to play in the world, one more associated with love, care, etc. Sure, there are plenty of overlappings of men's and women's roles, but they are different in a general sort of way. I hope this makes some sense.

And sorry for getting off-topic.

Edited by - smfan1085 on 8/12/2005 8:42:45 PM

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2005, 03:37:45 PM »
You are so gonna get it from the female members....

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2005, 08:49:46 PM »
smfan1085, I can't believe how far off base you are. It's just amazing.

"Hey, there’s that apple again." ~ TEM
That was a joke.

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2005, 07:45:52 PM »
Care to explain how I am off base?

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2005, 08:13:16 PM »
In a way, I agree with smfan 1085, but there are women out there who know how to toss there weight around.

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2005, 09:07:47 PM »
I always felt peach was a wimp and the only thing going for her is her levetation jump. My cousin and I picked on the person who played Peach on purpose (we always won too)

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2005, 11:49:30 AM »
Just to poit it out, Kasaa (more or less) means Umbrella in Japanese. I assume that their spelling of it is a play on words. Personally, this game could work but the biggest trick Nintendo will need to pull off is targeting both male and female audiances. I'm sure that they will give Peach better powers than just floating. Its going to be interesting to see who the nemessis of Peach is going to be.

We''re on the moon? You mean, the one that''s up in the sky?
~ Peach having a "blond moment" in Paper Mario:TYD

Edited by - Maxtream on 8/16/2005 10:50:25 AM
We''re on the moon? You mean, the one that''s up in the sky?
~ Peach having a "blond moment" in Paper Mario:TYD

Print