Print

Author Topic: Super Princess PEACH ?? C´mon be more serious  (Read 17583 times)

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2005, 08:32:29 PM »
Actually, I'm a huge Peach fan, so I was happy to hear about the game... yeah.  I mean, since Peach has been gaining a more wimpy damsel-in-distress reputation lately (i.e. not kicking Bowser Jr.'s butt and only being like "Yer Bowser's son? But...").  But, then we think of even Paper Mario where she spoiled Bowser's plans by leaking information to Mario and it just doesn't fit.  Hopefully, this game, even if it is "efeminate" will bring back the frying-pan beat-'em-up gal we all know and (in my case) love.

No sig ideas...yet.
Talk to someone around a popular person, and they''ll say Mario is [censored] and that GTA is glorious.  Talk to the same person in private and he''ll fess up to loving the Mario series.  And if he doesn''t at first, you may need to bribe him/her with money.

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2005, 02:04:48 AM »
Thats the most sexist post I've ever read too.I dont think thats even funny.And I agree with superstarMASHIAH on page one.I dont really like Peach, but she DOES derserve her own game.And, I've already come to the conclusion no Waluigi games will ever be made anyways......I just hope I'm wrong, as I most likely will be in this situation....

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:27:28 PM by PaperMario »

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2005, 03:31:42 AM »
I also agree with Mr.Wiggles.super zombie's critisizing a game that isnt even out yet! And his rants lack logic.Just because there's never been a Wario and Waluigi game he hates it.he needs to be more reasonable with his rants.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:20:15 PM by PaperMario »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2005, 09:01:02 AM »
Have you heard of the ability to edit posts, PaperMario? Click the yellow thing on the right above your post if you want to add something to it instead of constantly double-posting. And I think a Peach game is an awesome idea. The whole "Princess in a castle who is completely defenseless and must be saved by a big muscular guy" concept is too fairytale-ish and stereotypical for females, so a game where you PLAY as peach is cool. Plus, this is the first time you'll get to play as peach, save for SMB2. And I agree, that first message topic starter was sexist.

-------------------------------------
"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2005, 12:53:06 PM »

Why, someone tell me, why do people bring up, old, dead threads that don't really need to be brought up anymore?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2005, 02:04:16 PM »
Thanks Glorb.I just forget sometimes.And as I said, I really dont like Peach that much, but mabye this game will change the way we all think about her.

Vid: ...Yeah, for sure posting in the topic just to address the issue will make the problem go away...    *rolls eyes*
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 11:22:37 PM by PaperMario »

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2005, 03:14:20 PM »
Is this game even going to come out?

I hate it when people act like the "damsel in distress" scenario is so outdated and sexist. In fact, feminism itself disgusts me. </off-topic>

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2005, 04:33:07 PM »
Super Princess Peach???  Never even heard of this game...who know what they say:  When you haven't heard of something, google it.

“A wagon full of pamcakes?  In the Champeen ship?!  I’d like to see ya try!” ~ Homestar Runner        
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2005, 07:57:04 PM »
I first heard about it in an old issue of Nintendo Power.

Why doesnt Peach ever kiss Mario on the lips,you ask?!? Its because of that mustache!!!! I'm tellin you, its gotta go.

Edited by - PaperMario on 8/9/2005 6:57:54 PM

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2005, 11:59:03 PM »
In fact, feminism itself disgusts me.

I like to think that both males and females are fairly equal, no one sex is better than the other.

The "manly men" who look down upon women are idiots, as well as the feminists who look down upon men.

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2005, 12:56:54 AM »
I agree.Its never right to to think of one gender superior to the other.They are equal and and it should stay that way.

" I would suggest that it''''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2005, 09:03:09 AM »
For everybody who doesn't know about the game, here goes:

Little info has been released, but it has been confirmed that it will be a beat-'em-up style game where you play as Peach (duh). The bottom (touch) screen will be used for the main gameplay, i.e. moving Peach and attacking with the stylus. The top screen just shows Peach's face in various expressions (not very helpful other than to warn you that you've been hit, but it does show off the good sprite artwork). Judging from the screenshots, it appears as though you will use either Peach's classic frying pan weapon or a parasol or something. And while the DS is capable of much better graphics (they're about GBA quality), they are adequate.

Well, I hope this clears a few things up.

-------------------------------------
"We get signal. Somebody set up us the bomb!" "What you say!" "All your base are belong to us!"
-Last Alert (PS1)
every

« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »
Looking at the pictures just forces the words, " Super Mario Bros. 2 " into my mind..............its like, the same to me accept only Peach.......................

" I would suggest that it''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2005, 06:17:54 PM »
From a certain source, Instead of Peach getting Saved, Mario has to get saved. And what else, (you guessed it) Peach has to save Mario!(?!?!?) its pretty much like yoshi's island with the game play, items and graphics, plus Peach has a parasol utterly named Kassaa.(which has a face) I wonder if She can "stomp" any enemies...
Other than that it dosent sound too bad, but i'd rather play Yoshi's Island instead.

Metal Slug and Mario is so cool

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2005, 06:21:21 PM »
I think she uses an umbrella. Mario getting saved by Peach...what is this world coming to?

"You fools! You''ve messed with the natural ordaaaaaaa!!!"~ The story telling crow from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print