Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142653 times)

« Reply #510 on: May 06, 2007, 09:35:05 AM »
So I guess that means I'll never get to go to Pal Park. :(
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #511 on: May 06, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
You don't think you can beat the Elite Four? Or complete the Sinnoh Dex?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #512 on: May 06, 2007, 04:24:19 PM »
Why would you not be able to defeat E4? It's not like E4 the second time around in FR/LG, where all the monsters have gone up at least 10 levels...

« Reply #513 on: May 06, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »
I have never been able to beat the Elite Four in my life. T_T
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #514 on: May 06, 2007, 07:13:25 PM »
I guess it's one thing to love Pokemon, and another thing to know how to play Pokemon well. XD

« Reply #515 on: May 06, 2007, 08:40:52 PM »
Yeah, I didn't like how the Elites got so powerful the second time in FireRed/LeafGreen. However, after restarting I chose not to obtain the National Dex post-Elites (by not collecting enough Pokemon) and now I can fight them an unlimited amount of times. :D
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2007, 08:44:32 PM »
The fact that E4 got so much more powerful after the National Dex in LeafGreen is why my Charizard is level 100. :)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2007, 09:18:12 PM »
Yeah, I loved the pumped-up Elites in LeafGreen/FireRed. My winning team had only five Pokemon-- which meant I could train anybody from level zip to level 40 in no time. Seems that the Elite Four in Diamond/Pearl are pretty tough right away. I hope they'll be harder when I return, so that I can gain even more experience points faster.

« Reply #518 on: May 07, 2007, 06:45:36 PM »
So here's my final team in Diamond.

Lv 47 Empoleon
Lv 43 Staraptor
Lv 43 Luxray
Lv 42 Roserade (lol Budew evolved to Roselia at night)
Lv 41 Skuntank
Lv 41 Pachirisu

Yeah, I dropped Shellos for Stunky after I saw it's moveset and the fact that it's a Poison/Dark type. I didn't drop Pachi because it's a decent battler despite it's low HP and because I couldn't decide what other Pokemon I would use. I was thinking maybe Croagunk or Bronzor but I still haven't found either of them, though I know where they are.

I'm now on my way to the 8th gym. Also, Dialga didn't put up much of a fight. I captured him after only 5 Ultra balls, though he did manage to knock out all my Pokemon except for Empoleon.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #519 on: May 07, 2007, 07:43:48 PM »
I'm curious about Pokemon Diamond/Pearl. I haven't set foot in the Pokemon world since Gold/Silver, and I enjoyed those games thoroughly. There were a few things I didn't like about Pokemon, probably enough so I didn't resume with Ruby/Sapphire:

Way too many random battles

Way too many Pokemon

Huge dungeons that were confusing and difficult, unless you had the player's guide (as in my case)

Took too long to go find/catch the  Pokemon I needed, or to trade to a different game, or to empty a full party into the nearest computer

However, I'm getting caught up in all the hype of Diamond/Pearl. Now that they have a made-for-DS, Wi-Fi compatible, better-looking Pokemon game, I'm curious to see if those statements are also true for Diamond/Pearl. Anyone? Anyone?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #520 on: May 07, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »
Whoever said that you have to defeat E4 before getting the opposite version's legendary in your Sinnoh Dex is wrong. You just need to have seen your own version's legendary.

I can't really answer your question, bobman, as I've been on board for every generation so far.

« Reply #521 on: May 07, 2007, 08:45:01 PM »
You misunderstand. What I'm asking is this. In Diamond/Pearl:
Are there still a ridiculous amount of wild Pokemon battles?
Are there still a ridiculous amont of Pokemon? (answer: yes)
Are there still huge dungeons, and are they hard to find out what you're doing?
Does it still take forever to find the one Pokemon you need, or to dump your Pokemon into a storage unit?

« Reply #522 on: May 07, 2007, 09:31:28 PM »
Same as always.
I guess you think so.
I'm not terribly far, but dungeons seem smaller and very simple, at least comparing the first half of Diamond/Pearl with the first half of the others.
No. The MOVE command is your friend.

« Reply #523 on: May 07, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »
Hm. The most annoying parts were the huge dungeons and the constantly-going-back-into-town-and-dumping-your-new-catches. Interesting. Although, now that I think about it, the dungeons were only annoying because I'd hit a wild Pokemon every four steps. It occured so often, I was even thinking about how they should make a game where there are little symbols on the ground, representing pokemon, and if you run into it, random wild pokemon. That way you can avoid them. I know it would ruin the game somehow, but it would definitely be less frustrating.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #524 on: May 07, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »
Yeah, the Move command has been helping me out since LeafGreen. And just so you know, it automatically switches boxes when a box is full, so you shouldn't have to go back into town to dump catches...

Here's my E4 party (I'm at the Champion right now, and numbers in parentheses are PP):

Torterra lv57
Crunch (3/15)
Razor Leaf (13/25)
Giga Drain (0/10)
Earthquake (1/10)

Happiny lv43
(all four moves at full because I haven't used her yet)

Tentacruel lv41 (one of my HM slaves, who was powerful enough that I kept her with me)
Cut (30/30)
Surf (15/15)
Waterfall (15/15)
Poison Jab (20/20)

Staraptor lv51
Fly (10/15)
Endeavor (4/5)
Aerial Ace (11/20)
Wing Attack (33/35)

Dialga lv49
Metal Claw (34/35)
Dragon Claw (12/15)
Ancient Power (2/5)
Roar of Time (0/5)

The last guy, a level 5 Machop that was my other HM slave, is only there because I forgot to move him into a PC. He did help, however; he bought me a turn that allowed me to finish off a previous E4 member. Counting the one I'm on right now, I have 5 NONE of the Champion's Pokémon left to defeat. WHOO.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 10:22:02 PM by WarpRattler »

Print