Print

Author Topic: Pokemon topic  (Read 142666 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #615 on: June 19, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »
Wait, Suffix. I was going to comment on the Haunter evolving deal when I turned down your offer (I like Haunter more then Gengar, 'cause of the disembodied hands), but... what about an Everstone? (I'm not saying I want it, just pointing this out)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #616 on: June 19, 2007, 11:25:19 PM »
heh, I'm playing Blue version right now.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #617 on: June 20, 2007, 02:24:06 AM »
Clever, Bird Person. I do think that an Everstone would prevent a trade evolution. I don't see what makes Haunter much better than Gengar, with the exception of floating hands. Haunter looks kind of... sloppy. Portly, too, although some portrayals of Gengar make them both appear... portly. It's too early in the morning for me to think very clearly right now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #618 on: June 20, 2007, 02:42:56 AM »
He looked super-evil in Red and Blue... Look:

I KILLS YOU.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #619 on: June 20, 2007, 02:56:19 AM »
Eh-yeeeeeesh! Freaky! In Generation IV/III, Haunters have sort of a pot belly. And they don't look that spiky. I can understand why you'd prefer Haunter now.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #620 on: June 20, 2007, 08:18:48 AM »
You know, I really have no idea why you people have such a huge problem with E4. I keep telling you, just buy 30 Revives and Full Restores, and you might get through even if all of your guys are under level 60.

Suffix, an Everstone does stop trade evolutions. There's an in-game trade that works exactly like that.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #621 on: June 20, 2007, 10:36:35 AM »
"Did my Haunter turn into a different Pokémon? Just kidding. I made it hold an item that prevents evolution"
Dude, screw you Mindy. Or whatever that NPCs name was. I heard that it is possible to catch wild Gengar if you have one of the GBA Pokémon games in the DS though.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #622 on: June 20, 2007, 10:44:06 AM »
an Everstone does stop trade evolutions. There's an in-game trade that works exactly like that.
And it ticked me off to no end.  I thought I was gonna get two new Pokedex entries. :(  I sent that Gasper (Haunter) to the GTS after detatching the everstone.  Offered it for another Haunter.  Guess what.  I got someone else's Gasper! :P And we both got Gengar!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #623 on: June 20, 2007, 11:46:46 AM »
N64 Chick, you heard correctly. Haunter and Gengar can be caught in the Old Chateau if you have any of the third-gen games in Slot 2. See Bulbapedia for details about other monsters that can be caught by utilizing a third-gen cart.

What do you people have against the Everstone? It's not like it's stopping you from obtaining the National Dex.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #624 on: June 20, 2007, 09:03:43 PM »
You have to go to an event, sadly.

Nope! Go to the mustached guy with a girl on the third floor of the Jubilife TV station. Answer "Everyone Happy" to his first question and "Wi-Fi Connection" to the next one. He'll hook you up.

...Now you didn't hear that from me!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #625 on: June 20, 2007, 11:59:10 PM »
Well, sure, then you have that mystery gift option on the menu. But what do you do with it?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #626 on: June 21, 2007, 09:08:20 AM »
Nothing, for now. But still...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #627 on: June 22, 2007, 12:12:10 AM »
Wrong. Right now, Mystery Gift can be used to trade a Manaphy Egg from Pokémon Ranger to Pokémon Diamond or Pearl.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #628 on: June 22, 2007, 12:53:38 AM »
How so? I can't imagine sticking two cartridges in the DS game slot. Which was really a stupid thing to think of when I have no clue how that would work.

Wait... Would it have to be somebody else with the Pokémon Ranger game? Transmitting to Mystery Gift?

« Reply #629 on: June 22, 2007, 01:03:01 AM »

Print