Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710216 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2625 on: June 13, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »
I've never heard of licking a cartridge. If you lick them, hopefully you dry the contacts before putting them in the SNES?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2626 on: June 13, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »
I flush my cartridges down the toilet and then fish 'em out of the sewer.
every

« Reply #2627 on: June 13, 2007, 12:45:47 PM »
I'm a cartridge-blower. Or, at least I was when my NES worked. I know, it doesn't do anything. It helps to think it does something, though.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2628 on: June 13, 2007, 01:07:27 PM »
My friend is a cartridge blower, and it kinda annoys me since they say you're not supposed to do that.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #2629 on: June 13, 2007, 01:09:32 PM »
ARRRRG! I hate all those stupid cartoons where something alive gets horribly tortured and hurt.(Tom and Jerry)

« Reply #2630 on: June 13, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »
Rest In Peace
The Paper

wE had A gOOD RUN
oLd buDDy

:'(
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2631 on: June 13, 2007, 02:11:31 PM »
I saw that too. :(  I'm gonna miss The Paper.  It's now preeowwwing in better place.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2632 on: June 13, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »
As funny as the Sbemail itself was, the New Paper seems kinda lame in comparison. I'll bet Strong Bad being unable to get used to it's new noise and other newness will become a running gag.

In other ANGST, the Math B regents exam is tomorrow, and I'm not sure how well I'll do.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2633 on: June 13, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
ARRRRG! I hate all those stupid cartoons where something alive gets horribly tortured and hurt.(Tom and Jerry)
I grew up on that show!!
* Bird Person whaps Nintendoobsessed's face with a frying pan
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2634 on: June 13, 2007, 04:16:19 PM »

What's  wrong with Tom and Jerry? What, it ain't kiddy enough for you?

I for one am sick and tired of shows being softened up to suit todays children.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2635 on: June 13, 2007, 04:30:07 PM »
I've probably said this before, but we (we being 14-17-year-olds) had it gooooooood as kids. Sure, we didn't have toy lasers or any of the wacky things on which Fisher Price uses technology nowadays, but we had better kid's shows. Is America asking to have the average IQ lowered or what? We had The Magic School Bus, Arthur and stuff like that. Too bad Bill Nye the Science Guy... I can't go on. Now the kids get their brains blown up by Dora the Explorer and this other Dukar.
At any rate, my mouse is driving me up the wall. It will occasionally not respond until I tap it to the desk, and just go crazy clicking stuff, threatening to close mIRC... and then I have to unplug it and reattach it, and I usually disconnect my keyboard in the process, which resets the keyboard settings to default (the repeat speed becomes way too slow).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2636 on: June 13, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »
I've probably said this before, but we (we being 14-17-year-olds) had it gooooooood as kids. Sure, we didn't have toy lasers or any of the wacky things on which Fisher Price uses technology nowadays, but we had better kid's shows.

Every generation says that. It's all about nostalgia. I look back fondly to the shows I watched as a child, and don't care much for modern children's television. Not necessarily because the shows are worse, but because I no longer am the target demographic. I'm sure my parents thought the shows I watched were as awful as I think shows are now.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2637 on: June 13, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »
I don't look at it that way when I look back at Barney the Dinosaur.  But I look back fondly at almost all of the other shows that I watched back in the day.

My niece loves Dora the Explorer, but I can't stand that show!  One would think it would take more than just a few "Swiper, no Swipe!"s to stop a talking fox from robbing.

I like Sagwa, though.  It's a Siamese kitten in China. ^_^
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2638 on: June 13, 2007, 05:19:09 PM »
Every generation says that. It's all about nostalgia. I look back fondly to the shows I watched as a child, and don't care much for modern children's television. Not necessarily because the shows are worse, but because I no longer am the target demographic. I'm sure my parents thought the shows I watched were as awful as I think shows are now.

Poppycock. My mother loved Sesame Street almost as much as I did. That show had it all.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2639 on: June 13, 2007, 05:28:15 PM »
I think my parents liked Sesame Street as well.  Heck, my sister and I still like it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print