Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710161 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #2685 on: June 16, 2007, 01:02:15 PM »
like kittens. <3
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2686 on: June 16, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »
Where do bunnies fit in in all of this?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:41:44 PM by N64 Chick »
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #2687 on: June 16, 2007, 02:06:54 PM »
Bunnies?

Bunnies.....bunnies, bunnies..........nope, can't find any bunny in the equation.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2688 on: June 16, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »
Holy hand grenades > bunnies
Now, let's please dump all the not-worth-time junk.
....It's so hard to get a topic back on track when you have nothing about which to complain... The derailing of this topic gives me angst.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2689 on: June 16, 2007, 07:15:40 PM »
I seem to recall complaining about something just yesterday...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2690 on: June 16, 2007, 07:25:34 PM »
Will this be split?

« Reply #2691 on: June 16, 2007, 07:37:04 PM »
Holy hand grenades > bunnies
Now, let's please dump all the not-worth-time junk.
....It's so hard to get a topic back on track when you have nothing about which to complain... The derailing of this topic gives me angst.

Not worth time? I seem to recall it created some angst.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2692 on: June 16, 2007, 07:56:05 PM »
Two pages worth of cats vs. dogs conversation? And equations about it? I thought FG&S was made to hold all this stuff away from General Chat. 'Tis leaking. 
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2693 on: June 16, 2007, 08:00:04 PM »
It's no big deal; it was only derailed for 2 pages.

And I have angst because everyone complains about FG&S. If you don't like it, then you don't HAVE to go there! Some of my best memories of this board are at the FG&S section.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:03:21 PM by PaperLuigi »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2694 on: June 16, 2007, 08:51:49 PM »
Hah.
I understand I don't have to go there (which is why I avoid it), but when the spam it is made to conceal escapes (see the last two pages (THIRTY PLUS POSTS WTD) then it's no good. You can't argue this point. I also don't believe its posts should count towards any statistics, and many in #tmk believe the same.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2695 on: June 16, 2007, 09:56:34 PM »
bobman37

in

Guitar Hero II: The Tragedy

An epic starring bobman37

In I walked, first to arrive at the local Play n Trade used videogame store. What can I say? I was excited for my first real tournament.

I had run through my plan over and over in my mind. Don't accept their song choice. Try to figure out which songs they suck at. Don't forget Killing in the Name. And, most of all, don't choke.

The first competitor practically ran through the doorway, not five minutes after my arrival. He was your typical ten-year-old kid, short, glasses, optimistic. I had never seen a case for a Guitar Hero controller until that moment. I was almost impressed. almost.

Then he started talking. My slightly-impressed first impression quickly turned to disgust. I have very low tolerance for obnoxious high-pitched annoying things. This kid fit the bill perfectly. This was set to be a long few hours.

All four of the other competitors slowly trickled into the store, none passing my belly button in height. Each carried his own sticker-decked GH controller, most of them red. Turns out the kid with the case actually had a wireless controller. None seemed coordinated enough even to handle a two-note chord. Then I slipped up: I doomed myself. Started counting my chickens before they hatched. I was figuring out where my $50-in-store-credit first prize was going to be blown. Thought I had it in the bag. Way to go, bobman. You just screwed yourself before you even played a note.

Because little did I know. One of the two staff members at the store turned to one of the short, third-to-fifth-grade-age kids.

"Hey!" he said.

"You're that kid on YouTube!"

What?

I was half-paying attention, half-watching the first two kids wield their axes and battle it out. I was concentrated on how stiff the competition would actually be. So concentrated, in fact, I had no idea a legend was seven feet away from me.

The store employee rushed to his computer. Clicked the mouse a few times, typed a few letters. I turned my head, growing tired with the Heroes currently dueling. They had no skill of immediate importance.

The employee turned his computer so people could watch the video* he pulled up. I looked over at the kid smiling up at me.

I looked back at the screen.

Same kid. I was blown away.

I watched the video for a bit. Impeccable playing. Ripping it up. I was screwed.

We met in the final round. Five songs, three to win. First Jessica, then his specialty (Psychobilly Freakout), then Light that Blinds. He won three in a row. Took "my" prize right from under my nose. I was both awestruck and frustrated.

The employee shouted, "Freebird!"

Ha ha. Very funny.

He killed me on Freebird, too.

I got the 8-year-old legend to sign my lowly second-place T-shirt. Hopefully it'll fetch some nice dough on eBay. For now, though, I'm left with somewhat empty hands and a severely dented dignity.

* 8-year-old legend on Psychobilly Freakout

Epilogue

The kid's going to Nationals. Technically. He's really going to just send his best Freebird score in to the store. That's how they're running it.

After the tourney, I played against him on Less Talk More Rokk and Jordan just for "fun". LTMR wasn't as embarrassing. I was within 50,000 points at the end. On Jordan, he got 91 percent. I struggled for 72.

Best player I've ever seen, and he's eight years old.

Unimaginable.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 10:49:25 PM by bobman37 »

« Reply #2696 on: June 17, 2007, 06:17:16 AM »
LOL

Dude, screw the fifty bucks. That is seriously awesome. We've watched that kid in #tmk many a time. Where do you live, btw?

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #2697 on: June 17, 2007, 09:11:50 AM »
I also don't believe its posts should count towards any statistics, and many in #tmk believe the same.

What about the posts that do count? Like my story?

« Reply #2698 on: June 17, 2007, 10:41:06 AM »
I live an hour or two away from Denver. He lives in Denver.

« Reply #2699 on: June 17, 2007, 07:21:36 PM »
What about the posts that do count? Like my story?

There should be something like a minimum amount of words (or quality of post) that could make posts with one word (like in the Mario Word Association thread) not count, but lengthy things that took time to write and are heartfelt (er.. like the stories) could count.

Now, for some more ANGST: I absolutely hate Windows Vista. I have to give it permission to open every sinlge thing that I open up, whether or not the program has seen it before, I have to keep registering my copy of Illustrator, and I've come to find out that the printer that comes packed in with the computer doesn't even work. Apparently, Vista doesn't recognize it's own flipping printer. My dad just helped me spend an hour looking at files on my computer, and on the Dell website, and there's some kind of problem between Vista and the printer interface that Microsoft apparently overlooked. I'm so mad I almost want to switch back to my old computer (which is impossible, since we sent it back to Dell).

I got off of work at 7, thinking I could go home and get some homework done early, before it gets too late, but I lost an hour due to stupid Windows Vista. Cheese, I hate Vista!! I want my Windows XP back (not just because it's got an emoticon in it's title.. it at least worked with little things like printers..)

AAaarrgghh! *explodes in a pile of angst on the floor*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print