Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1721049 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7740 on: July 02, 2012, 09:05:09 PM »
I really hate electrical storms.

The Internet is down, my standard monitor isn't accepting input from my desktop on the DVI port, and my netbook's AC adapter seems to be fried.

Thankfully, my phone gets Internet, so I can post this, but we have no idea when the main network will be back up. I also had a spare monitor available, so my desktop is functional, but with a much smaller screen; my PS3 and 360 are fine and can both use HDMI on the larger monitor, so that's not entirely worthless. No idea how much a new AC adapter for the netbook will cost, and I really don't feel like dealing with my phone more than I have to, so I won't bother looking until I have proper Internet again.

On that note, I'll probably be gone until our service is back.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7741 on: July 03, 2012, 08:52:34 AM »
While our insurance will cover the limb that went through our roof and into two bedrooms they will not cover the flooded basement or other damage from the storm. 

Edit: 

Video slideshow with text captions of storm damage:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRYgQLTNQMs

Pictures taken with my 3DS camera.  I didn't add audio to the video, but many images have text captions.  I also did not include pictures from the basement since our policy does not include flood insurance.  I have the images from the video and their 3D counter parts if you'd like to see them. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:16:47 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7742 on: July 03, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »
I lost an arm! It suddenly took off like a rocket! I hope it didn't damage anything on the way down
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7743 on: July 03, 2012, 02:48:18 PM »
God, it just gets worse. We just found out my grandma died today. I have no words for how I feel.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7744 on: July 03, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »
:(

Sorry.  Bad timing.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #7745 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34:12 PM »
[darn], son.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7746 on: July 03, 2012, 10:17:31 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss!
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7747 on: July 04, 2012, 08:26:47 AM »
Rough stuff, Warp... My condolences.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #7748 on: July 28, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
My mom used my car to drive to Montana and back. I was sort-of-okay with that. My car's 21 years old, has well over 300,000 miles, and I was a little worried that it would just stop working. So basically, I reluctantly let her use it. Then this morning, she got hit by a person who ran a stop sign. With my three sisters in the car. Fortunately, everyone's okay. One of my sisters has some bruised ribs, but that's it. Unfortunately, I don't have a car anymore. It's totaled. The person who hit it has very good insurance, I'm told, but I'm a little worried that great insurance won't do much for a car that is 21 years old and has well over 300,000 miles on it. It would be nice if I can get enough money from it to get a new car, but that doesn't seem likely. That's a problem, because I have a job that's an hour away from my house, and a school that's four hours away. I'm not exactly gonna walk either of those trips.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7749 on: July 28, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
Hope that insurance works out because that sounds like a pain in the neck otherwise.

« Reply #7750 on: July 28, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »
The cars of Fungi Forums members are being wiped out one by one due to other people driving them.

Who's next?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7751 on: July 28, 2012, 08:46:59 PM »
Almost wanna say "me" since that would at least necessitate my having a car in the first place.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7752 on: July 30, 2012, 05:26:38 PM »
I have some reassurance in regards to someone asking me to borrow my Jeep.

Literally everyone that has asked to borrow my vehicle for whatever reason... the conversation goes like this:

"Hey Patrick, yo man I gotta pull a trailer, could I use your Jeep?"
"Sure, can you drive a stick?"
" :( "
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 05:28:29 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7753 on: July 30, 2012, 05:29:17 PM »
If Harry Potter taught me anything, it's that driving a stick isn't as easy as it sounds.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #7754 on: July 30, 2012, 08:38:32 PM »
I can drive stick! Can I use your Jeep, Trainman?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print