Print

Author Topic: Spooky!  (Read 47535 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2007, 04:40:26 PM »
13 has always been said to be the unlucky number.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2007, 09:09:32 PM »
At my school, there is a room of some kind with a door saying "13". It has no windows and is empty, save for a chair that's been there forever, and a black stain on the ceiling. The room is locked and no one has the key (not even the janitor); when the principal picked the lock (which is a cool thing for a principal to know how to do) and went inside, he noticed that the stain was larger than before. Weird.
Ever read Locker 13? Kinda kid's stuff, I know, but this just reminded me of that.

13 has always been said to be the unlucky number.
Culturally, it varies, but I think one popular belief is that it's a "disruption" of the "natural cycle" (12 months, 12 hours of day and night).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »
That can't have been the explanation when there were 10 months.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2007, 07:21:36 AM »
^ Okay, I think I added the months part because I figured it probably was tied into the whole thing, but the point is, 12 was THE number for some time.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »
THE number? So, it was the only one you could use, or was it some sort of celebrity number?
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2007, 06:03:20 PM »
I'm not sure when it was "the" number. Not much makes me think it ever was, aside from the fact that we have a word for a dozen, which is a little whack.
That was a joke.

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2007, 06:23:06 PM »
At my school, there is a room of some kind with a door saying "13". It has no windows and is empty, save for a chair that's been there forever, and a black stain on the ceiling. The room is locked and no one has the key (not even the janitor); when the principal picked the lock (which is a cool thing for a principal to know how to do) and went inside, he noticed that the stain was larger than before. Weird.

...'K.
1. Unless the room's on a floor that's barely used (like a seldom-used third floor or the basement), it's not that spooky.
2. It's kind of weird for a janitor to not have a key to a room. Aren't they, like, supposed to have access to every room in the school?
3. It's weird that there's nothing but a chair in there. If a room's in that condition, there's normally nothing inside of the room.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:04 PM »
That thing with the room sorta reminds of a dream I had back in fourth grade where a found a room in the building that was all chained up, yet somehow I opened the glass part up like an escape window and got inside. All that was in there was a pile of broken chairs and some kind of new Bomberman arcade game.

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2007, 07:18:34 PM »
That sort of reminds me of the time I had a dream that I found a secret abandoned loading dock in an old part of my school. There were tons of boxes of stuff inside; I remember old boxes of cafeteria food, gym equipment, and various school supplies. The place looked so realistic that I actually tried to look for it the next day after school. But, I never found it.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2007, 02:00:17 PM »
I had a dream last night that went like this:

My family and I were invited to the Oscars, y'know, because we're celebrities. However, due to the lack of seats, we had to be in a little tiny orange helicopter the whole time, overlooking the ceremonies. From that view, I could see that the giant Oscar statue wasn't real at all, but was actually a hologram! This news, which I somehow gave to everyone, was shocking, and so we were shot down and then forgotten about. After that, we found some empty seats in got in them. Then, some lady came up and said "Excuse me, but I want to sit there. Get up." When I refused she said. "God would be very unhappy with you right now." Then security came and took us away, and I woke up. Weird.

Oh, and CTOAN: The room is real, and it is actually in a seldom used area of the ground floor. To be honest, it's not that spooky, really, but it's odd that there's nothing but a stain and a chair in there, and that it's locked, and that no one can find the key. I'm not saying it's haunted or anything, but it is weird.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2007, 03:10:10 PM »
Remember the friend I sent the rose to whom I mentioned in the Valentine's Day topics? Last night she dreamed she told me she was planning our wedding and I was confused to death. XD

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2007, 03:15:49 PM »
You people are off topic, if any of you read the first post, you'd see that this is about wierd number occurences, no wacko dreams! Oh, and, I had three badges with 6 badge pionts lined up in PM, 666...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2007, 03:28:04 PM »
and yet you didn't have 666 coins... Shame...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2007, 03:35:44 PM »
You don't either! Ha ha!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
I did... Once... I think it was at Fahr Outpost or something. (TTYD)

Something I DID do recently is beat someone by 0.666 seconds.

Print