Lukewarm
0 (0%)
Not very good
3 (5.4%)
sucked, no doubt about it
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Print

Author Topic: Do you like the new SMB?  (Read 25073 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2006, 11:34:37 PM »

I wouldn't be here if I didn't like Mario games now would I?

Now onto The New SMB.
I just don't like nor want the game.Is that illegal or something?

I shall explain why I'm not taking any chances.Lets take Mario Kart DS for example.I had highly anticipated that game and when I finally got it,it hardly sparked my interest.That's why I'm not taking any chances with this game.

Sooooo... since you were disappointed with one Mario Kart game, you're never going to take a chance on a Mario game again? 

No, it's not illegal to not want a Mario game, it's just very surprising, considering the particular Mario game in question.  If this was the "Do you like Mario Party 26" thread, nobody would be so shocked for you to say that you don't want to pick it up. 

New Super Mario Bros. is a different case though.  We haven't had a traditional-style SMB sidescroller in almost FIFTEEN YEARS it's kind of a big deal to turn it down because you don't want to risk it.  That's another thing, the Super Mario Bros. games are, you know, just a TINY bit well known for being decent.*

Your reaction to New Super Mario Bros. has me (and I imagine others on the board) kind of baffled.  Is it maybe that you're losing interest in gaming in general?  I'm not trying to rip on you, I just find your take on things a bit perplexing is all. 

I'm not saying the game is perfect either, like I said earlier, there are a handful of minor details that I wish were changed, but it's still one of the best platformers I've gotten to play in a while.  I'd daresay it's worth the risk.  ;)
Haters gonna hate

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 07:16:40 AM »
^ Read this post Dark_Shark.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 11:28:25 AM »
Sure it is the first platformer in 15 years but NEWSFLASH.
Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion(in 2001) were the first action Mario games in a while and what happaned after that?They made SPINOFFS,SPINOFFS,SPINOFFS,SPINOFFS,endless amounts of spinoffs.When they could have been making even more platformers.And now we have another spinoff coming for the DS(Mario basketball).How do you know that after The New SMB  ANOTHER 15 years will pass before another platformer is made after a long line of spinoffs?

ALRIGHT FINE!!!!I'll buy it,I'll try it out and HOPE that its not a waste.I'll give my feedback once I get it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 11:51:13 AM by Dark_Shark »
"A winner is you"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 01:28:52 PM »
Hmm.... So you're saying that bad games released after good ones make the good ones bad? What? Wouldn't the fact that all we've had for a while are spinoffs make NSMB seem BETTER? The staff of Nintendo spent a lot of time on this game to make it an epic break from spinoffs. I can't freakin' wait to get this game.

Edit: I'm not trying to bash you, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just trying to get you to try it and not jump to conclusions... what if you really liked it?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 01:33:21 PM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2006, 01:33:36 PM »
The game is holy. About 30% of my friends got the game within a week of the release date. I spent a good 80% of each night playing the game. Dark_Shark, you are one sad person. I still can't beleve that you think the game is boring.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2006, 08:29:16 PM »
Dark_Shark, you are one sad person. I still can't beleve that you think the game is boring.

Well, you know, he did say he would try it out...
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »
I love it.  It's like a cross between SMB3 and SMW without flying or Yoshi.  My favorite powerup is the mini mushroom.  I wish there was a mini mushroom house.  I also wish there was a practical way to play it on my TV.  My wife and brothers like SMB games, but doesn't like playing on handhelds.  So far I've been to every world, beat World 8 and completed everything in Worlds 1-3.  I only have 2 more Star Coins to get in World 4, but am missing several levels/exits in World 7.  I wish I'd noticed the menu change after beating World 8 sooner.

I look forward to Dark_Shark's impressions, but expect him to die early in the game and GIVE UP!!!!!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2006, 12:13:24 AM »
No no, I hope he tries NSMB and enjoys it.
Since my family and I are going on a mioni-vacation next weekend, I decided to not torture myself by waiting to get a DS lite. I'm getting a blue DS, drawing a cross on the bottom in sharpie, and playing NSMB on it before Friday. I won't waste the whole game in two minutes though... From what Lizard Dude has said it's an easy game, but I'll try to breathe the levels pixel by pixel.

I'm weird.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2006, 12:07:41 PM »
I love it.  It's like a cross between SMB3 and SMW without flying or Yoshi.  My favorite powerup is the mini mushroom.  I wish there was a mini mushroom house.  I also wish there was a practical way to play it on my TV.  My wife and brothers like SMB games, but doesn't like playing on handhelds.  So far I've been to every world, beat World 8 and completed everything in Worlds 1-3.  I only have 2 more Star Coins to get in World 4, but am missing several levels/exits in World 7.  I wish I'd noticed the menu change after beating World 8 sooner.
I've gotten everything in the game, and did it all in three days.

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2006, 12:39:22 PM »
I look forward to Dark_Shark's impressions, but expect him to die early in the game and GIVE UP!!!!!

Yeah lets criticize Dark_Shark for for stating his opinion.
"A winner is you"

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2006, 03:24:39 PM »
Leave the guy alone, we got him to try the game, and if he likes it he will thank us,if he doesn't he will stand by his word. If you guys don't stop I'll get the thread locked.

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2006, 05:12:41 PM »
I agree. Let Dark_Shark stand by his opinion, we all have them.

Anyway, I think NSMB looks like a great game, but I don't want to buy a DS...or at least right now. I'm fine with my SP.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2006, 05:15:37 PM »
Leave the guy alone, we got him to try the game, and if he likes it he will thank us,if he doesn't he will stand by his word.

That's basically what I was trying to say, though I don't know if I was very clear.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2006, 05:16:54 PM »
You should think about picking up a lite. Especially with all of the great DS games. Just do yourself a favor. Don't buy a PSP yet. They really suck. This message was for Ludwig, but smfan interrupted me ahemm. Just kidding. I wanted to make myself clear.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2006, 07:55:49 PM »
From what Lizard Dude has said it's an easy game...
It's about standard difficulty for a Mario platformer. Say, Super Mario World difficulty.
Don't buy a PSP yet.
He said "SP", as in Game Boy Advance SP.

P.S. Whoa, billy chilly is alive.
That was a joke.

Print