Print

Author Topic: A victory thirteen years in the making...  (Read 10537 times)

« on: November 16, 2006, 01:42:43 AM »
It took me more than a decade, but I finally beat The Lost Levels tonight :)  I originally got stuck in world 4 and gave up for many years at that point. I later picked the game back up during college and made it all the way to 8-3, and that's where my save game had been waiting all this time. I picked it back up tonight on a whim after having messed around with the game on an emulator, and I finally beat it. I was so excited that I had to come back here and tell you guys (I haven't visited these boards for a long time, good to see they're still going :)

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 02:50:54 AM »
Date Registered:     February 02, 2001, 12:43:41 PM

Wow.

Welcome back to the Fungi Forums, person who joined a long time ago! :P

btw, congratulations for beating the Lost Levels! I'm still stuck on a level in World 3, and I can't continue because I no longer own any Nintendo handhelds older than a DS. :( Emulator sounds like a fun idea, though...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 06:39:34 AM »
Congratulations, Quasar! I never got a chance to play the Lost Levels, but I imagine they were extremely diffucult. Good work!

Oh, and thanks for coming back! It's great to see the oldies make a return. Will you be returning permanently or just for a little while?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:41:53 AM »
Lost Levels is a great game because you see Super Mario Bros., with minimal additions, and then level designs that look like some cruel joke.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 02:00:38 PM »
I'm still troubled by the harsh winds in world 6 (Yes, wind will blow later in the game).

PS: Congrats! Quasar!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »
Awesome. I got stuck on world 6 and never continued. This gives me motivation!!
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 10:42:02 PM »
4-4 is by far the hardest level of the game up until 8-3.

Nice work, though. SMB2J is quite a hard game... though I wish more Mario games had that difficulty.
~I.S.~

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:20:24 AM »
No you don't.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 04:43:04 PM »
Way to go SushieBoy!  Tell 'em his real thoughts!

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 06:10:10 PM »
No you don't.

Grrr, I hate it when people do that.

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 06:15:19 PM »
No you don't.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
I'm still troubled by the harsh winds in world 6 (Yes, wind will blow later in the game).

PS: Congrats! Quasar!

Don't even get me started on the windy levels.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »
Nice work, though. SMB2J is quite a hard game... though I wish more Mario games had that difficulty.

Agreed. The so called "challenge mode" of New Super Mario Bros. was a complete joke to us expecting a challenge.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 10:49:41 PM »
No you don't.

No I don't..........I mean, yes I do! Now I don't even know my real thoughts anymore.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 11:08:03 AM »
I found the SMBDX version of SMB2J much more...possible? than the SMAS version. From what I've heard (and experienced), the mechanics are different in SMAS, which I find much more difficult. Also, I don't remember those annoying winds being in SMBDX.

I was able to beat SMB2J in DX several years ago, which overjoyed me; however, I've never been able to beat it in SMAS. Then again, I kind of gave up with that before I even got DX.

So, congrats. Beating it and in the SMAS version is quite a challenge.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print