Print

Author Topic: Wii Noisy!  (Read 3909 times)

« on: January 30, 2009, 09:31:35 PM »
My Nintendo Wii was a quiet Wii until it got all these updates...although, some were necessary. Anyway, when I play SPM or SMG,
it sounds really, really loud. But when I play MKW or SSBB, it "winds down" to a lower hum. But it's still noisy. I remember the first day I played the Wii. I was playing Wii Sports and you couldn't tell if the system was on or off. That's how quiet it was. But now, it's just plain noisy. Is there any way of quieting it down?
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »
I don't... think there's a way to make it quieter. After all, the loudness apparently fluctuates on a game-by-game basis (I think the more complex the game the louder it runs, honestly).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 01:19:45 AM »
More CPU activity would theoretically make it warmer and make the fans blow faster.
Also, mechanical devices such as fans and disk drives get noisier as they get older. It's a side effect of having mechanical parts.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 03:38:19 PM »
This happens to me all the time, especially when I play Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn and when I play Game Cube games. I think it's just the system thinking though.

Print