Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power Rates Metroid Prime 3: Corruption a Perfect Score  (Read 10268 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: August 23, 2007, 07:14:16 PM »
That's right. The master writers in Nintendo Power rated Metroid Prime 3: Corruption for Wii a perfect 10/10 score in the latest issue of the gaming magazine.. In the review, Chris Shepperd mentions how the "...stunning visuals and immersive gameplay of [Metroid Prime 3: Corruption] prove that the Wii is ready for the mainstream gamer. Deeply enjoyable and satisfying, this is the title that gamers have been waiting for." The third installment of the Metroid Prime series is available Tuesday, August 28th, 2007.

Source: Mr. Melee's Nintendo Power, Volume 220.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 07:53:20 PM »
Nintendo power giving one of their own games a perfect score!? It can't be :O!

Well, I think we saw this coming. But correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first game they've ever given a perfect score to since they switched to rating games out 10 instead of 5?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 08:17:54 PM »
Nintendo Power's reviews are not to be trusted.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 08:51:46 PM »
I'm going to get it, anyway.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:29 PM »
Regardless of NP's trustworthiness, I'm sure the score is accurate knowing Retro! :D

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 06:41:07 PM »
Nintendo power giving one of their own games a perfect score!? It can't be :O!

Well, I think we saw this coming. But correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first game they've ever given a perfect score to since they switched to rating games out 10 instead of 5?

I'm pretty sure Resident Evil 4 (The GCN version) had the honor of receiving the first 10.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »
I don't really listen to ratings, but I love the Metroid series! Since this brang back the stackable gun system, this will probably be one of the best Metroid games!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 03:12:28 PM »
brang

Seriously, though, I don't trust any reviewer's scores (sometimes not even my own). However, the issue of Nintendo Power this review is in also has a Geometry Wars Galaxies poster, so it's okay. Also, since I'm not going to be able to play MP3 any time soon...

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 06:16:00 PM »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 08:16:14 PM »
...And not Twilight Princess? That takes serious balls (but the game's gonna seriously rock anyway... when I get it!!!).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 12:09:24 PM »
Got it this mornin'. It rocks!

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 10:07:45 PM »
I'm thinking about getting it....but I'm not really a big fan of the Metroid games.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 12:01:51 PM »
Yeah, I got it now. There's a little too much to scan, and it occastionally feels kinda like one of those shooting gallery-type games you always see on the Wii/DS, but, hey, what do I know, I haven't even played it for an hour.

On a lesser note... ooh, someone said "the D word" in a Nintendo game!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 11:27:14 PM »
Yeah I know... I was all gonna say "Hey none of youse guys should play this 'cause it could burn your virgin ears and make your head asplode"

But it was already out there.
Yeah, now that I've gotten into it, the initial enthusiasm has died a little. The control scheme and layout are very similar to Hunters'. The execution feels alot like Fusion's (Some one ordering you where to go and and such)
And the intro felt very DOOM3/Halo-ish, very unnerving.
Oh, and by the way,*SPOILER* When you beat the giant golem boss, Samus THROWS UP! Very unexpected, Very not Nintendo.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 12:01:26 AM »
I'm thinking of getting it. My biggest discouragement is the lack of any Metroid games under my belt (I'm talking about story lines, not control experience). I can take care of that later, I guess. I started Zelda late, too--just two years ago did I get Ocarina of Time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print