Print

Author Topic: In the Fray - A Super Smash Brothers Melee Fanfic  (Read 3725 times)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:21:11 PM »
Thank you for clicking on my Super Smash Brothers Melee fanfiction. Originally created for a project at school, this is the extended version of my story, where one kid gets sucked into his favorite game. Please note that although this is based on Super Smash Brothers Melee, it will contain many exaggerations. However, they are all for your reading pleasure. I hope you enjoy In the Fray.

"Take out that trash, boy!"
          "Can't hear you, Dad. I'm listening to Led Zeppelin!"
          Yes, I was listening to the greatest band of all time on the day I would have never thought physically possible (even though I always dreamed of it happening). Actually, I was listening to the greatest band while playing one of the greatest games of all time, and my personal favorite: Super Smash Brothers Melee. I wasn't going to let trash spoil my Friday. The plan was simple: watch TV, listen to music, and play video games. However, I was never too busy to help my father in any task.
          "Alright, just let me finish this level," I told him.
          "And just how long will that take?" was the response.
          "It'll be easy. Master Hand, even with Crazy Hand, is no match for Mario!"
          "I don't know what language you're speaking, but get that trash taken care of!"
          I sighed as I went back to my game. If parents would just give games a chance. It was just after Mario had beaten Master Hand that it happened. I was getting ready to take on Crazy Hand when the Gamecube froze. What a rip-off! I pressed the reset button, but it wouldn't budge. I kept trying to push it in to restart, but the button was oblivious to my straining finger. I sighed and was about to take out that trash when a brilliant light emerged from the Gamecube. I covered my face, and when it was over, my room looked like a jungle. Even though my room was already as messy as a warzone, it looked different. I realized that this was not my room when a giant ape came hurtling towards my direction. By instinct I ducked, just missing a whack from a giant gorilla. But that was no gorilla. I knew it once I saw the red tie displaying "DK" in bright yellow letters. How could Donkey Kong be in my room?
          Weirded out, I started to explore the world I was in. My exploration was quick, as right when I stepped over, I fell off an edge. My room doesn't have any edges, I told myself. Fortunately, I grabbed the edge, but unfortunately, I am not the strongest, or thinnest, person out there. I struggled just to hang on. I thought I was going to fall into the croc-infested waters (my room does NOT have water in it at all, or real crocodiles), when a white glove appeared and grabbed my hand, pulling me up.
          I stood up just to almost fall off again. I was staring at my video game idol: none other than Mario.
          "That-a was a close-a one, kid. You better watch-a where you step here," Mario said.
          I had no chance to respond, as Donkey Kong appeared, and grabbed Mario by the back of the collar. I watched in horrid fascination as Donkey Kong lifted Mario onto his back and started walking with him. Mario, struggling, was unable to break free. I had no chance to stop Donkey Kong as he threw Mario off the ledge. I thought it was over, but I saw Mario climb back on to the platform, just as an invisible crowd cheered. Now I knew where I was, but it all seemed impossible. I was in Super Smash Brothers Melee.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 02:44:21 AM »
Cool fic! I can't wait for more!
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 03:56:40 PM »
Heh heh, nice one. sounds like its gona get good!

Stick kirby in there for me ;)
Wheee...

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »
Heh heh, nice one. sounds like its gona get good!

Stick kirby in there for me ;)

and pikachu

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 05:27:11 PM »
-----
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 08:41:42 PM by Area 64 »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »
karate pikachu, you might want to pay attention to the dates of when things are posted.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 05:54:54 PM »
Well, Mr. Melee's still active so...

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 06:13:36 PM »
You know, I have been meaning to revive this thread...expect an update to the story sometime in the near future.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Print