Poll

Where do you place your Wii's sensor bar?

Above the television
33 (89.2%)
Below the television
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Print

Author Topic: Common "Sense"  (Read 12402 times)

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 08:03:46 AM »
Incidentally, I take my Wii with me too much to bother using the tape to stick it to place.
Hey, wazzap? It's the Phred-guy! Isn't that nifty?

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »
Above. At first I thought it would not fit and I'd put it in the section of the wall unit directly above the TV, but it fits in snugly.

My Wii is connected to the TV through the VCR. Hit 0 twice in the VCR remote, hit 1 to indicate that I want to utilize what's connected to the line-in on the back of the VCR, and press the power button on the Wiimote.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2007, 10:26:04 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2007, 05:15:48 AM »
Well, now that I've gotten the elusive Wii, I've placed its sensor bar (really mine, she doesn't like to admit it, though) on top of my teeny-tiny TV.

Oh, and Luigison, your TV is huge (not just compared to mine). I am jealous.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »
O.O Sweet setup, Luigison!  That's bigger than my family's biggest TV.  Not by much, but still bigger.  I don't play my Wii on it, though.  My N64 is hooked up to our biggest TV because I don't play it on a daily basis anymore.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 06:34:09 PM »
I forgot to put the 56k modem in the image above the TiVo.  Also, my other systems are in a cabinet.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2008, 01:14:49 AM »
Sorry to bump this, but since the Wii Remote has to do the actual work of sensing where it is, do you figure that uses up more power to do that.... and that might be the reason the remote LOVES to eat batteries? (Thank God I bought the Niko Recharge Station).... actually the Niko SUCKS. Don't buy it. It'll work for the first couple weeks, then it'll get really picky about where you put the remote on it. Even then, the LED that turns on to tell you it's charging will blink on and off, and if you even breathe on it when you have it perfect, it wont get a charge. Get a newer type of recharge station. Oh yeah, and if you have the Niko you have to take your remote jacket off, which is a pain to do every time.
Formerly quite reasonable.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2008, 06:02:44 AM »
Sorry to bump this
Normally this is where I would come in and explain that this really isn't a bump.

Normally.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:26 AM »
Well, as long as we're all awkwardly posting here... above.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 09:01:42 AM »
Sorry to bump this, but since the Wii Remote has to do the actual work of sensing where it is, do you figure that uses up more power to do that.... and that might be the reason the remote LOVES to eat batteries?
I suspect it could be because of the rumble and speaker features, which I use very rarely. In fact, when the Wii says "The power in your remote is low," ignore it. That's just when a quarter of the energy is left, which means it could still be used for a long while. When I got SPM, I began getting the "Low Battery" around Chapter 3, and then actually replaced them when I reached the end of Chapter 7, many, many hours away, when I started getting "Communications have been interrupted" errors.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2008, 04:37:03 PM »
Yeah, with Galaxy when it started saying low battery in-game, I could play for another few hours before it finally decided to die.... then I'd just turn around and use my second remote.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2008, 04:55:01 PM »
I guess I should update my picture above since I no longer have a VCR, have DirecTV HD now instead of DirecTiVo, have a PS3, and no longer use a modem.  Also, I moved the TV about 2,269 miles.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »
Is that red car yours Luigison?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2008, 05:30:08 PM »
Nope.  My old house was across the street.  Notice the "2035" on the curb. 

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »
Whoops, wrong direction. Wasn't paying attention ahaha I started looking around the city.

Print