Print

Author Topic: Do you got a girlfriend?  (Read 20889 times)

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 07:02:19 PM »
I've been wanting to reply to this topic for a very long time.  I would like to comment on LD's post "Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all"  In most cases, not true.  But, being around people, and watching them,but not interacting, can unfortunatly drive you crazy. Somehow I cant talk to girls, I just tense up, sweat, and stutter.  But I'm going into 10th grade!  Thats intermediate krap!  But I cant help it if I cant even come up with a straight up answer for a girl that asks, why I love Mario so much.  You know, I really pander this, because I'm definatly not gay, believe me, only I could truly know.  I am always interested in this one girl though, every year.  She's just like me, kind of.  Shy, and I would say the type of poem that could describe us would be the Hyku.  Does anyone out there think I'm crazy.  Because I may concider it.  Nevermind, I'll just make a whole other topic about it.

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2005, 07:42:01 PM »
....What's "Hyku"?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 08:53:18 PM »
"Haiku", I think.  Well, I know, but that dosn't sound like a great statement
to...state.

The only girls I get nervous around are ones I've never talked to or haven't seen in a long time.  I agree somehow to how SSM can't give a good or satisfying answer to "Why do you like Mario so much?", but I don't necessarily mean Mario.  I have a "problem" some of you know or hopefully don't know, but after going on medication which seems to magnify the significance of the problem, I became insecure of the subject and began holding my shirt collar in PE when we wear just a PE shirt and no collared shirt.  A lot of people(or the same people over and over) asked me why I hold my shirt collar or paper clip it, which I can't answer.  As if I can answer that in a normal voice and within three sentences.  Even though it's a simple question of curiosity, they would get more than they ordered and either empathize or know more about me than I am comfortable giving away.  I would rather bite my lip in pain when people hit me there for a few years until I am off darned medication than tell people one of my deeper secrets when I'm halfway through medicaton and the fact of what I had/have would never change.  Teenagers just aren't very understanding, especially guys.  Girls are more understanding though, and while I wouldn't tell a girl anything either on this subject, at least I could confess lesser things to one.  It's like having an English teacher: who wants to write down their thoughts and feelings that some old...guy is going to read?  I guess I shouldn't care what these people think/would think about me, because in four years we're gone, plus school is for pursuing interests in careers or general knowledge, not developing unstable relationships that often don't build up to anything.  My sister had a boyfriend senior year at high school and they were really great together, but broke up a little before graduation because they were going to different colleges and keeping a relationship like that would be tough and prone to failure anyway.  My sister told me that high school relationships are pointless and won't matter after a while, and I agree with her to some extent; some people get married successfully from high school, and Lizard Dude's line was pretty nice and makes the love sound worth it, however temporary or little of it there is.

There.  That's my long "rant" or whatever it's called.  Sapph, I think you deserve to "rant" a little.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 05:05:32 AM »
Sorry, it was late that night, so I really didnt care how I spelled it.

O world-egg, hear me.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 12:26:22 PM »
When it's late at night
My spelling takes a back seat
To impending sleep

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2005, 02:49:05 PM »
I just noticed how thinking of this one girl makes me think of the most meaningful things.  But when they come out, they dont seem to represent anything, and sound very awkward to myself and other people.  I mean, when I think of it in my head, it sounds awesome.  But when I listen to it, over and over again, I say to myself "DUH!  Thats stupid!"  Please note to me when I do something like that again.

O world-egg, hear me.

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2005, 04:31:56 PM »
My whole "6th grade romance" seems like one big deja vu and that kills me; it's so weird knowing that millions of millions of people have gone through the exact same "I-want-this-girl-but-she-doesn't-want-me" thing. My whole life feels unoriginal. That feels sort of weird. Has anyone else ever felt like this? No? Ok.

BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2005, 04:37:29 PM »
I don't have a girlfriend but I have a girl as my best friend. We have known each other since 5th grade and we still talk every few times a week. She loves Nintendo and is a nice person.

I like strawberry milk

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2005, 05:40:15 PM »
No, different Koopie Koo (although, the two are amazingly similar).

"It''s impossible this way!"
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2005, 08:52:34 PM »
Well, if it's a different Koopie Koo, how did the one you're going out with also go out with Koops?
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2005, 10:13:35 PM »
Okay, Markio, I guess I'll rant a bit. :P

First things first...
*Stabs MamaMia Mario*
*Slaps ledzeppelinrocks across the face* You horrible, horrible shallow person! It's guys like you that make me sick with rage and despise most of male population, because of this stereotype a lot seem to fit. (No offense to the rest of you.)

"I would like to comment on LD's post ‘Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all’ In most cases, not true."
~In most cases, it's not real love. Most people don't know the meaning of real love (especially high schoolers); everything is so shallow and meaningless and pointless and only based on looks or "oh, they're hot/cute/nice/sweet/funny/mischievous/etc" and not based on character. ...Okay, the list goes on, and I'll stop ranting. Suffice it to say, most relationships make me absolutely SICK because of its shallowness. They don't really *KNOW* the person. Inside and out, good and bad, high points and low points, quirks and weirdness and all. Only then can you really LOVE a person--because you love them for WHO they ARE, despite their flaws.

"But I'm going into 10th grade! Thats intermediate [crud]!"
~Uh...that sounded incredibly desperate and driven by peer pressure. You should NEVER feel pressured into "getting a girlfriend" because "everyone else is doing it" or "I'm a loser if I don't have one" or "it makes you cool"--the ones who put that pressure upon one are shallow themselves. Only do something if your heart is genuine--and (it's my personal ...perception, or something..) that one should not even BE in a relationship unless they really LOVE the person first--AND is ready to handle a relationship.

". . . I cant even come up with a straight up answer for a girl that asks, why I love Mario so much."
~If someone doesn't understand or at least *accept* something you love (as long as there's nothing WRONG with it), they are not accepting you as a person, and never will. You shouldn't have to explain it. They may not understand why you are the way you are, or why your interests are what they are, but they should at least *accept* it. If they don't accept it and accept you for who you are, that should be a red flag--you shouldn't be with someone like that. If they accept it from the start, they may eventually *understand* it, if they don’t already from the start.

"My sister had a boyfriend senior year at high school and they were really great together, but broke up a little before graduation because they were going to different colleges and keeping a relationship like that would be tough and prone to failure anyway."
~See, that just saddens me. It's evidence they really didn't LOVE each other. They may have LIKED each other, but if they really, deeply loved and cared for each other, they would not want to lose what they have. It would be too precious, something worth keeping. If it's love, it will last regardless of how far apart or close together they are, how little or how frequently they get to be together. It would be tough, but if both really love each other, then both will view it as worth it.

Deezer: AHAHAHA to your post. XD

boomstix: Try being on the opposite end. It's quite awkward.

"Well, if it's a different Koopie Koo, how did the one you're going out with also go out with Koops?"
~Is it just me, or did that not make any sense? XD Hmm, or maybe the other Koopie Koo wasn't the real one, and the "different" one IS the real one, or something. CLONES AAAAH! ...I think I just confused myself.

Anyway, AAAAH! THE RANTING!! Man, I hope you're happy, Markio. :P  I think that's all the ranting I can handle for now. x_x

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/18/2005 9:35:53 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2005, 10:41:10 PM »
I'm happy that you called me a man maybe, but otherwise I had a bad day and want to die or get my life over with past right now.

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2005, 09:15:04 PM »
Sapphira: I don't want to offend you or get on your bad side, but don't you think you're being a bit hard on MamaMia Mario and ledzeppelinrocks? It seems to me that MMM must certainly have been joking around (his post sounds humorous, though with my limited knowledge I can't understand the last part); and even so your reaction was, to say the least, rather extreme. And even if LZR's remarks were somewhat "shallow", a response like that seems a bit much. Also, I can't help but notice that some of your remarks seemed a bit on the feministic side; I hope you are not really a feminist. (I should mention here that I have a passionate dislike for feminism. If asked, I'll talk about why I hate it.)

I apologize for poking my nose in, and I ask you not to think me arrogant for saying these things, since I'm much newer and lower in rank than you, and also have never spoken to you before.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2005, 09:55:01 PM »
"It seems to me that MMM must certainly have been joking around (his post sounds humorous, though with my limited knowledge I can't understand the last part); and even so your reaction was, to say the least, rather extreme."
~*Ahem* Ever thought that *I* was also joking?

I'm not a feminist, but I abhor shallowness. I despise remarks like "she's hot" or "he's gorgeous" or other physical, lusty attractions, regardless of the gender the person making the comment, and regardless of the gender of the one it's directed toward. While I don't think too highly of the general male population, neither do I think too highly of the general female population, either. The general population is pretty much driven by lustful, impure desires, and it makes me sick. Ricidule me if you will for it.

I should mention that *I* have a passionate dislike for the shallowness of society. I'm more moralistic than feministic. Gender is irrelevant; it's all about character, in my mind.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/19/2005 9:24:31 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2005, 10:05:00 PM »
Sapphira... jokes?  Well I never...

Today I was sitting next to a friend at an assembly and he pointed to a girl and said she was hot.  The girl he pointed to was from my Drama class, and I really did not like her.  She would hang around with the other guy in my project group, and the guy basically makes fun of me whenever I talk, calling me a "homo" or a freak or some other random thing, and when I try to insult him back, the girl says, "Why are you so mean to him?", as though he never said anything to me first.  Proof that looks don't matter.

Print