Print

Author Topic: I'm sizziling mad  (Read 9773 times)

« on: June 18, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »
I read this article where they had a spy go in to 4 different stores and ask questions about systems.
here are the q and a.
q.what system should I buy?
a.PS2 or Xbox depending on your taste.
q.what about gamecube?
a.I believe gamecube is for younger kids.
everybody answered the same on the next.
q.ds or psp?
a.psp.
and heres one person who did these last 2 questions.
this one cheered me up and made me laugh.
q.does nintendo make games for other systems?
a.yeah they make their older games on other systems.
and this one made me mad.
q.is gamecube for younger kids?
a.gamecube is for toddlers and a little above.
after that all I heard from that clerk is "blah blah blah white_arrow's gonna beat me up."
sorry, I'm going to buy SMRPG for PS2.

YOSHIS RULE

Edited by - white_arrow on 6/18/2005 8:57:02 AM
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 09:39:26 AM »
Grammar would be a nice touch there, homie.

Or let me put this in your language.

plz uSe punk2asion or sumthin

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 09:53:40 AM »
Ok.And thats not my language. I have hard times trying to decrypt those messages.

YOSHIS RULE

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 10:41:59 AM »
That makes me mad too!  Nintendo isnt just for little kids, its for everyone!  People that talk like that are just jerks that deserve to be ran over.  Besides, who would actually want to play a realistic agme?  Videogames were meant to make us expierience the unrealistic, the places only imagination can take you!  Right?

Well, the dawn was coming,
heard him ringing on my bed,
he said "my names the Teacher,
what matters what I call myself,
and I have a lesson,
that I must impart to you,
its an old expression,
but I must insist it true."

I only watch [adult swim]

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 10:43:43 AM »
I like realistic games.....

Push Button...
Receive Bacon! ®
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 11:03:50 AM »
Oopsies I made a boom boom in my pants because I'm a toddler look at meeee.So what about freedom of speech they had no right  to say that.They called my uncle a toddler and he's 50.They called my friends toddlers.they called over 50% of USA toddlers.They called over 75% of Japan toddlers. And I just beat SMB3 on my friend's Xbox(yes he has an Xbox but he's more nintendo)

YOSHIS RULE

Edited by - white_arrow on 6/18/2005 10:13:24 AM

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 11:21:16 AM »
Well, the store guy *would* tell them to buy the more expensive systems. The store employee's advice might not reflect his/her views.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 11:22:27 AM »
Dude, settledown.  The guy probably didnt finish high-school anyways, he's probably just some hypocritical dropout.

Well, the dawn was coming,
heard him ringing on my bed,
he said "my names the Teacher,
what matters what I call myself,
and I have a lesson,
that I must impart to you,
its an old expression,
but I must insist it true."

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 12:59:40 PM »
It's just their opinion. They can have their opinion.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 01:07:58 PM »
Very true.  Gamecube definantly has the better games.  I have a PS2 and hardly ever play it.  Gamecube has games that are more fun to play, more creative, and actually have stories.  Not just- KILL THE GUY!  You actually have to solve puzzles, save the princess, beat interesting and imaginative foes, where in PS2 it's almost always guns and shooting and- just kill people, dangit!  In Xbox it's either gun games or creepy, weird, disturbing games.  Now these are obviously not the only games they sell, considering there are a FEW adventurous and fun games for PS2 and Xbox, just more for Gamecube.  Keep it up Nintendo!    
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 03:27:03 PM »
 It's hardly anything to get angry about. You can't change what people have said, and you never will. Because of this, it's not worth worrying about.

Edited by - Black Mage on 6/18/2005 2:29:38 PM

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 03:36:52 PM »
Hey Black Mage, wasn't it you who pasted that picture of a creepy tree thingy in my story, MArio And The Golden Mushroom, and if so, why?

Oh and, yeah, I guess your right.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 06:51:08 PM »
Its funny that this topic came up on the day of my same incident.  I was just in Circuit City today while I was listening to two of the help people engaging in conversation, here's what was said:

#1"This Wario Ware Twisted is such krap!"

#2"I know, Nintendo is getting worse and worse."

#1"It just looks like they took 10 seconds of work on each minigame, and jammed all the lame krap together."

#2"You would buy it!"

#1"Buy it, to break it."

As you may have assumed, I was quite mad.

Keep your signature to one line to prevent being banned.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 08:57:50 PM »
at least they said nothing about toddlers

YOSHIS RULE

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 09:08:43 PM »
I saw that same article awhile ago. I believe it was from EGM. I'll post the full version if I get it back.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2005, 09:34:14 PM »
"Hey Black Mage, wasn't it you who pasted that picture of a creepy tree thingy in my story, MArio And The Golden Mushroom, and if so, why?"

That was an Ent, and if you look through your post, I'm sure you'll see why.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2005, 11:18:54 AM »
Yes, but if you ever watch any TV interview, whenever they ask for a person's favorite video gam esystem, the question is ALWAYS worded "X-Box or PS2?" GameCube is never even mentioned.

That said, people are entitled to their own opinions. If someone thinks Wario Ware is crap, so be it. Their opinion. I didn't like Halo very much when I played it. I mean, it's a well-made game, but FPSs just do not interest me at all. Most people would think that's blasphemous. Then again, I have had age run-ins in the past (I remember the day I got M&L: SS when the clerk told me "Aren't you too old for Mario games?" -- I essentially replied "Wait! I guess so!" and got the game at the Target across the street.) with people telling me I'm too old for Nintendo. You know what? [explitive] them. I was afraid to get a GameCube in my early years of high school because I was afraid of people's reactions (Well, that and it was a shallow school). Looking back three years, I realise that I wasn't all that mature back then, I guess. Now, I don't care what people my age think of me, because most of the time their comments have little to no weight anyways.

Might want to spell-check your posts before you post them, also. Just a bit of friendly advice.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 12:09:55 PM »
they probably never played Wario ware twisted.

YOSHIS RULE

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2005, 12:38:53 PM »
"I essentially replied "Wait! I guess so!" and got the game at the Target across the street."

Stellar.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 03:40:28 PM »
MarioBros2: "YOU got fun little story of mario but hav it ent......."

ENT!  Is that why?  I see now!  (Sorry people who are talking about Gamecube and stuff, I just had to clear this up).

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2005, 09:15:43 AM »
I know what you meen I.S.  I buy nintendo aparell all of the time.  People used to say to me "Get a life!" and I would try to come up with a smart remark.  But now, I just dont give them a reply anymore!  Because I know, if they really knew the way I feel about Mario, they'd just leave me to myself.

Al Pacino came out of the theater...  Bruce Willis came out of the T.V...  But Mel Gibson, came out of nowhere.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2005, 10:34:11 AM »
I think that as long as you enjoy what you are doing, and it is not hurting yourself or anyone, Good for you. Do your own thing, and don't listen to the "crowd." Who cares if you like nintendo or Playstation or whatever, just have fun. Life is way to short to argue about stupid things like this.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2005, 05:10:50 PM »
Also, look at the "crowd". They're never happy. They're too busy trying to look "cool" to everyone. Forget what all those losers think. If they want to be cool instead of having real fun, then so be it. But I know I'm just the opposite. I do what I think is fun and I don't worry what anybody else thinks. (Of course, if you think bad things are fun, then that might not be a good idea :P )

Edited by - goodie on 6/20/2005 4:11:48 PM
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2005, 05:34:19 PM »
> "when the clerk told me "Aren't you too old for Mario games?" -- I essentially replied "Wait! I guess so!" and got the game at the Target across the street."

That's awesome.

Me, I've never had any problem with this stuff. All my friends in high school (most, if not all of them, being hardcore gamers) had Cubes and GBAs. Some had more systems (usually PS2s, and one dude who had all three) but everyone just agreed that Nintendo was far superior. Maybe it's because we played so much multiplayer.

At the GameStop I usually go to in my college's town, the clerks are friendly and I've purchased stuff like Pokemon plenty of times with no comment. One of the main employees brings his Cube to the store to demo his newer Nintendo games, since their kiosk seems always out of date.

"All this guy ever does is eat, sleep, say stuff, DDR, and wear glasses."

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 09:30:21 PM »
Vidgmchtr, I can't believe you are saying that same thing again.

Those dummies who diss the Cube may be entitled to their (crazy) opinions, but they are not exactly entitled to make false factual statements, like that the GCN is for toddlers. As for freedom of speech, which I did a less good job than I would have liked of arguing about in that other topic, I believe I am better equipped now to explain why the First Amendment does not apply to such matters as these. So if anyone's interested, I'll set forth these reasons. (Note that this post is not meant to start an argument of any kind, and that I do not intend at any future time to be rude to other members, like I was in that other topic.)
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 09:46:39 PM »
 I would be interested in hearing why the First Amendment does not protect the expression of people's opinions.

Because, if I feel that the GameCube's games cater more to toddlers, that is certainly my opinion.

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2005, 09:54:05 PM »
When I bought Kirby Canvas Curse, my Dad was like "That's a little kids game!" The End.
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2005, 10:29:17 PM »
If you feel that black mage then why the heck are you here and Xbox is for toddlers too I saw this kid who was 4 years old that played halo

YOSHIS RULE

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2005, 10:31:54 PM »
I think "Mature" PS2 and Xbox games are designed for "immature" teen and pre-teens who enjoy violence and laugh at bodily functions.

That's my opinion.  Market research may deny or back up that opinion, but nothing in the constitution says anything about a persons believes being based on fact.

Blue is a color.  Three is a number.  Those are facts, but I would not argue with you if you said that blue is the best color and the number three sucks.   Those are opinions.

</rant>
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2005, 10:32:49 PM »
 White Arrow, I don't feel that way. I was simply stating that if that was my view, than it is my opinion.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2005, 09:26:12 AM »
Let me explain. People are entitled to think whatever they want. It is their right to have, and express, an opinion. If they want to say that the GameCube is for little children, and post it on a website somewhere, they can do that. Doesn't mean you have to agree with it. On the same plane, you can go to this site and reply however you want, be it with "I disagree." or "STFU n00b u suk."

However, the line between fact and opinion should not be obscured. A comment like "You play GameCube, therefore you are 4 no matter how old you are" is outright stupid. Sure, someone has the right to say it, but anyone who wants to use such a blaring logical fallacy that can be easily countered with a birth certificate really isn't someone you need to be taking seriously. That is all.

~I.S.~

Edited by - Insane Steve on 6/24/2005 8:26:55 AM
~I.S.~

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2005, 11:36:39 AM »
q. What system should I buy?
a. Gamecube or PS2 depending on your taste, as PS2 has more RPGs and SRPGs

q. What about gamecube?
a. Gamecube is mostly action games, but it does have a few RPGs like ToS and Paper Mario

q. DS or PSP?
a. DS has a better library of games right now.

q. Does nintendo make games for other systems?
a. Maybe in BACKWARDS LAND where Nintendo tries to make UNPROFIT

q. Is gamecube for younger kids?
a. Yes, but not limited to them. It's for everyone.
200 characters and nothing to say.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2005, 05:14:41 PM »
*gives Suffix stamp of approval*

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2005, 08:14:15 PM »
As was said before, like what you want. No one makes fun of me for liking Nintendo, in fact alot of people I know do.

Random Manga Quote:
"How can I be in love with a girl who crams bamboo sticks up her nose?!"--Chiharu Eniwa. Girl Got Game volume 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2005, 09:34:57 PM »
When I mentioned the First Amendment before, I was mainly referring to an argument that went on in a topic called "Details from G4 at E3 05". I was one of the main people in the argument, and I must say that I didn't portray myself in a very good light. But one thing that I was trying to show (and I still believe this) was that the guy on E3 who called Mario a wh*** did not have the right to say such a thing under the First Amendment. Tje following is a quote from a textbook called American Government in Christian Perspective:

"The Founders intended that the First Amendment should provide a climate of liberty in which all citizens could freely voice their opinions on matters pertaining to religion, politics, ethics, and economics. But the Framers of the Bill of Rights never intended to permit the public use of abusive, vulgar, profane, or offensive language or of language that could cause physical harm to others. ... The Supreme Court ruled that indecent, uncivil expressions or words were no essential part of any exposition of ideas and were of such slight social value thatthey were not protected by the First Amendment." So as you see, the First Amendment has nothing to do with protecting small things (compared to religion, politics, and the like) such as insulting a video game character or system, especially since an insult like "Mario is a wh***" (which, I'd like to point out, is a factual statement and not an opinion) does constitute an "indecent, uncivil expression". Do you think that the Founders would have defended a guy who said a thing like that, anyway?

And "The GCN is for toddlers" is indeed a factual statement. What is not factual about saying what age group the GCN was made for? "The GCN is uninteresting" is an opinion, I suppose, but not "The GCN is for toddlers". That is simply a false statement.

This all might seem trivial to some of you, but it's just that I get really annoyed when people start defending a Mario/Nintendo hater when I rail against him. People who say things like the above have no right to get away with it. Even if they don't deserve anything severe, people like me should at least be able to criticize them in a loyal defense of Mario and Nintendo.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2005, 01:54:57 AM »
I have not read that particular thread, discussion, and argument as of the time of my writing this. In this manner, I know nothing of the prior arguments or rebuttals. If you did not, as you said, "portray myself in a very good light" in the other thread, it does not show now. With that said, I shall continue.

What you're trying to prove is that whoever made that statement did not have the right to say it, protected under the First Amendment. I appreciate your being specific, as it makes your argument clearer, and allows for me to understand exactly what you wish to present to me.

You've chosen to go about that by showing a quotation from a text book. The quote you have provided, while informative and not with out its basis in fact, comes from a Religious Perspective as noted in the title. In this manner, you must be careful. Are you arguing that the "Religious Perspective" is the correct one? Even so, that alone cannot discredit the source. I'm willing to look past this, being a Christian myself. However, such views may not hold with other people.

Now, to the quote itself. "The Founders intended that the First Amendment should provide a climate of liberty in which all citizens could freely voice their opinions on matters pertaining to religion, politics, ethics, and economics." In this statement, your text book argues for the intent of the Founding Fathers. Their intent. When I read this statement for the first time, I asked myself how one could know another's intent, especially so very many years later. Of course, I've heard of studies done on exactly this sort of thing. Look at the Founding Father's letters to even their own journals. From such things, I can understand someone acquiring a feeling of understanding how someone else felt. But then, I remembered the title of your text book. Religious Perspective. It is possible to interpret, and twist facts to fit one's own intent. Now, I'm not claiming this to be the case. Not at all, it's a textbook after all, though that by no means clears it of all doubt. What I'm getting at is the reason why I take sources, especially those which can take an obvious bias, with a grain of salt.

In discussing the intent of the Founding Fathers, you have come to the conclusion that, as you put it, "...the First Amendment has nothing to do with protecting small things (compared to religion, politics, and the like) such as insulting a video game character or system...". Here is where I disagree. At this point, for those who do not know the wording of the First Amendment here it is:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

In reading the First Amendment, we find that it is very vague, much like the rest of the Constitution and its amendments. Yet, this doesn't suit us very well for this debate. We need to look deeper, such is why your textbook has searched for the intent of the Founding Fathers. I would like to supply for you a couple quotes of my own. They originate from this website: Find Law, which is advertised as a resource for legal professionals. More specifically, I'm drawing my quotations from this section of Find Law: Annotations to the First Amendment of the United States Constitution: Page Six; Freedom of Expression--Speech and Press.

"Madison's version of the speech and press clauses, introduced in the House of Representatives on June 8, 1789, provided: 'The people shall not be deprived or abridged of their right to speak, to write, or to publish their sentiments; and the freedom of the press, as one of the great bulwarks of liberty, shall be inviolable.'1 The special committee rewrote the language to some extent, adding other provisions from Madison's draft, to make it read: 'The freedom of speech and of the press, and the right of the people peaceably to assemble and consult for their common good, and to apply to the Government for redress of grievances, shall not be infringed.'2 In this form it went to the Senate, which rewrote it to read: 'That Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and consult for their common good, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.'3 Subsequently, the religion clauses and these clauses were combined by the Senate.4 The final language was agreed upon in conference." Paragraph 1, line 1.

With this quotation, I simply wish to show you that the language of the First Amendment has changed from when it was first drafted to its final publication. I believe it is fair to say we can see Mr. James Madison's intent with the original scripting of the First Amendment.

A quote from Mr. Madison from debate within the house.

" 'Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press: but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous, or illegal, he must take the consequences of his own temerity. To subject the press to the restrictive power of a licenser, as was formerly done, both before and since the Revolution, is to subject all freedom of sentiment to the prejudices of one man, and make him the arbitrary and infallible judge of all controverted points in learning, religion and government. But to punish as the law does at present any dangerous or offensive writings, which, when published, shall on a fair and impartial trial be adjudged of a pernicious tendency, is necessary for the preservation of peace and good order, of government and religion, the only solid foundations of civil liberty. Thus, the will of individuals is still left free: the abuse only of that free will is the object of legal punishment. Neither is any restraint hereby laid upon freedom of thought or inquiry; liberty of private sentiment is still left; the disseminating, or making public, of bad sentiments, destructive to the ends of society, is the crime which society corrects.' "
Paragraph 2, line 11.

As we're able to draw from this quote, Mr. Madison realizes the problems vague language will create, but also outlines the point I wish to make. The point being a person has the right to express "what sentiments he pleases", however, not without facing the consequences of that action. The person who made the statement: "Mario is a wh***" is not outside of his bounds in doing so. However, if he is banned from the forum due to his language, reprimanded in some other form, or outright insulted by other members, that is what he must deal with. Yet, it is his right as given by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution to express said comment. Just as you have the right to "rail against him," but you must remember that, while your response too, is protected under the First Amendment, you are also to be held accountable for what you return.

That covers what I wish to discuss about the First Amendment. However there's still the matter of a factual statement versus an opinionated statement. The statement in question is "The GCN is for toddlers". For this matter, I'd like to give you the definition of an opinion, as defined by Dictionary.com.

"1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).

2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.

3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.

4. The prevailing view: public opinion."

It is here that we see that an opinion is simply a judgment of someone, or something based on the information that they have. I believe it to be completely understandable for someone, based on their information, to say that "The GCN is for toddlers."

Edited by - Black Mage on 6/25/2005 1:02:03 AM

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2005, 08:51:09 PM »
You may be right about freedom of speech; however, I did not mention before that I have long thought that the basic purpose of the Bill of Rights was to prevent the federal government from interfering in the rights of the people or the states. Thus I thought that "freedom of speech", as mentioned in the Bill of Rights, meant something more like "freedom from governmental suppression of opinions".

I see that you misunderstood the facts of that situation I mentioned. That guy that said "Mario is a wh***" was not a forum member; he was a guy on TV. A forum member mentioned him in a topic, and that's how I knew. I expressed myself angrily, and then other forum members started getting onto me about rights to opinions. I still don't know why they defended that guy (at any rate I don't know why Vidgmchtr, who started it all, did). But anyway an argument developed about rights to opinions, which gradually shifted to an argument about freedom of speech. I probably presented a better case then than I did during the first part, but unfortunately I offended some forumers temporarily on account of being somewhat rude. I eventually left the topic (even though I would have liked to give a proper reply to one of Markio's posts there.) Now I have deleted all of my posts in that topic except for the first (not part of the argument).

And about the "opinion" thing: Is what you are saying that people have a right to choose to think what they want, even if what they think is erroneous (like that the GCN is just for little kids)?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 07:13:51 PM »
Black Mage wins.

"If you feel that black mage then why the heck are you here..."

Well, he's been here "way the heck" longer than you. Even as a weak excuse, he has his right to opinions. I love Mario over anything, but I still like the PS2 for games I can't get on GCN like Burnout 3, Driv3r, GTA: SA, etc. (but I don't own one). I don't like the XBox at all... but no bossing Black Mage around. He might throw a mallet at you.

"...and Xbox is for toddlers too I saw this kid who was 4 years old that played halo"

Probably because the parents don't give one crap what the child does which sort of shows irresponibility to some extent... I saw, yesterday, some kid using the F word profusely right in front of his father and even to his father, while the father sat defenseless.... but as the 5-hip jam continued the father swore as much as the kid, so yeah, you see, "S*** happens." ~Forrest Gump

''''This is my phone!
I am on the phone!'''' ~Jon
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2005, 07:35:58 PM »
Thanks for giving black mage the idea*puts on helmet*

YOSHIS RULE

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2005, 06:54:43 AM »
I still cant figure out what that censored word is, but still, its pretty early in the morning.

Al Pacino came out of the theater...  Bruce Willis came out of the T.V...  But Mel Gibson, came out of nowhere.

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2005, 02:11:59 PM »
(at any rate I don't know why Vidgmchtr, who started it all, did)

I don't want to reopen old wounds, but I didn't really start it. You said he had no right to have such an opinion, and I, not knowing a pointless argument was going to brew, basically said "Everyone has a right to have an opinion about something, no matter how bad it is. They can have it, and only they are the ones who can change it". I meant nothing to be offensive, and tried to promote an intelligent argument, which wrongfully turned into a flame war. *shrug*

I'm a big Mario fan too, but I don't really care about what he said, because he's not important, and anyone with basic knowledge of elementary school knows to ignore such an opinion that seems negative to them.

...Wait, why was the topic changed in this thread, anyway?

"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2005, 02:42:23 PM »
Gamings isn't an "or" hobby. You don't have to ONLY like Mario games if you are a Mario fan, likewise you don't ONLY have to like nintendo if you are a nintendo fan. Gaming should be an "and" hobby. E.g. I like both Realistic sports games and Mario games.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2005, 03:00:56 PM »
I like nintendo and sega and a little megaman

YOSHIS RULE

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2005, 07:23:13 PM »
Black Mage, if you are still here, could you please look at my last post, just so things can be cleared up? You've pretty much won the argument already, though. Congratulations.

Koopaslaya: Exactly what was your point in your last post? I didn't think we were talking about gamers liking only Mario/Nintendo here. I thought that we were talking about prejudiced people who dislike Mario/Nintendo.

Ever notice how the name "Playstation" sounds more kiddy than "Gamecube" or "Nintendo 64"?

Edited by - smfan1085 on 6/27/2005 6:29:13 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2005, 10:26:50 PM »
I'm not sure what I can add to this topic, except that I'm a Liberal Consecutive Islander and proud of it!

Thank you for visting my world, come again ... Now entering reality, welcome back.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2005, 08:30:23 PM »
That reminds me, I need to give a proper reply to Markio's much-applauded post in "Details from G4".

Print