Print

Author Topic: Yoshi Confusion  (Read 7760 times)

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2001, 05:10:45 PM »
Ahh yes, those elusive happy tears...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2001, 05:48:22 PM »
Mega 2- Sanctus was quoting your quote.  That's why it's called a quote, silly!
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2001, 01:30:41 PM »
No, no, I made up my quote (also called "profile signature"). If you wanna know how did I made it up, look  at my "Somethin' about an old red fat man" topic in General Chat.

p.s. I knew that Hinopio fire thing. Hi means fire. Kinopio is Toad's name in Japan, it means "mushroom".
And... THIS is my quote:
With enough soap, you can blow nearly everything up.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2001, 01:31:22 PM »
No, no, I made up my quote (also called "profile signature"). If you wanna know how did I made it up, look  at my "Somethin' about an old red fat man" topic in General Chat.

p.s. I knew that Hinopio fire thing. Hi means fire. Kinopio is Toad's name in Japan, it means "mushroom".

THIS is MY quote/signature (actually a signature):

And... THIS is my quote:

"And remember: I know WHO you ARE, WHERE you LIVE, and MAYBE I am going to KILL you, because, now, I am the QuoteMan."

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2001, 08:34:36 AM »
Mwahaha... you don't know who I am OR where I live ^_^
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2001, 03:45:16 PM »
Yes I do.

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2001, 03:45:20 PM »
Yes I do.

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2001, 08:16:06 PM »
ISLAND: SNES, Crayon Graphics, Annoying Crying Sample, FX2 chip

STORY: N64, 3D rendered graphics, cute voice samples,
Chilly Billy's bad habit of swearing all the time.

"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

rick_trimble@hotmail.com
"Was he lying?"
"Does Fort Koopa need sweeping?"

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2001, 02:57:17 PM »
Err. . . sorry. :D

-----------------------

"I''m-a Wario! I''m-a gonna win!!"
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2001, 08:11:00 PM »
As for Yoshi's Island, I consider it to be thus far the height of the series. The graphics fit the game well and after a while they seem just as natural as any of the other Mario games'. It had an original story for once, which actually related to the others in a definite chronological way. It also has a huge number of cool enemies. I consider it the 2nd best sidescroller period, next to Castlevania:SOTN for Playstation.

As for Yoshi's Story, I can't say much about it because I've never played it. All I know is it looks like a total turn-off, especially since it has no relevance to Mario whatsoever. I've even heard that Shigeru Miyamoto himself dislikes this game, and with the number of bad reviews I've read, I have no impetus to try it.

James

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2001, 01:50:42 PM »
I'm still dissapointed that they replaced the cool adult Yoshi with an annoying baby Yoshi.

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2001, 08:45:20 PM »
I hate to say but The SNES SMW2 is better then Yoshi story, It took A Day to save the tree...and i am not much of a fan with the hard controlling (Butt stomping!)NTM: The flaw in SMW2 is baby Mario, rid of him and it's perfect!

Just Your Normal Fool on The Hill...
Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2001, 12:27:37 AM »
Yoshi's Story looks great graphics-wise, and is quite a challenge when you're trying to get 30 Melons and all 3 Special Hearts in each level. Other than that, the game was a huge disappointment, and could've been so much better.

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2001, 04:32:38 PM »
Well, I think there's no more confusion between YI and YS. I haven't played YS but I'm sure that, even if it's as easy as everyone say it is, it has to be a good game, 'cause it's original in a time in which everything must be 3D to success. And it's Nintendo and it's Mario related.
This place seems to have become the quotes paradise, so I'll think of some just not to stick out unnecessarily.
I think Julius Caesar said something like "Alea iacta est". And there's an Spanish popular sentence that says "A caballo regalado... buena sombra le cobija" (or wasn't like that, hehe). And...
well, that's enough, isn't it?

------------------------------
Ens veiem al pròxim mil·leni!
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)
------------------------------
Ens veiem al pròxim mil·leni!
See ya, er, soon!

Gonçal d=^)

Zix

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2001, 05:16:56 PM »
I always imagined YS as a nice, sweet, easy game for those little tikes who didn't get a chance to enjoy the SMB games or the glory of the NES. Therefore, they don't have the extra experience that the lot of we have, making the SMB's seem rather difficult. Close examination of my younger brother's plaing abilities proved this theory.

"Did you say pie?!" ~I. M. Weasel

Print