Print

Author Topic: Mormons  (Read 34466 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 10:08:58 AM »
I solve the question of life, the universe, and everything by just not caring.

Also, 42.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2007, 10:13:31 AM »
The Big Bang Theory is a big bunch of hogwash.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2007, 10:18:24 AM »
I see no reason why this thread should exist. I'm sorry, I just don't.
The Big Bang Theory is a big bunch of hogwash.
Hey, Einstein, how about an actual intelligent opinion?

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2007, 10:19:41 AM »
The Big Bang theory is not hogwash. It basically explains why most of everything is here today, even if it can't explain why it happened itself, or where the matter used in the explosion came from.

No offence ShadowBrain, but "42" isn't exactly an intelligent opinion.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:30:43 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »
Yeah, I don't know where I read what I did, but I don't think I'm correct.
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »
Hey, Einstein, how about an actual intelligent opinion?

Why does everyone have to take everything so dang seriously these days? I wasn't saying those things wholeheartedly.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2007, 01:02:16 PM »
People do take things a little too seriously around here.

I'm curious as to how anybody could believe the Book of Mormon. It just... doesn't make sense.

Why dosn't it make sense?  People all believe the Bible and the Book of Mormon is practically the same thing.  It just tells about what happened in the America's rather than what happened over in Eurasia and Africa.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2007, 01:11:02 PM »
The thing is, Jesus performed his miracles and teachings in Eurasia. History, nor the Bible, ever said he came over to America. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but America as a nation didn't even exist until 1783.

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2007, 03:41:07 PM »
But the Native Americans existed before the USA.  And I know no ones trying to be rude on this thread, there all just stating there opinions and that's just fine with me because a lot of people find our doctrines hard to believe.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2007, 06:31:10 PM »
People all believe the Bible and the Book of Mormon is practically the same thing.
Exactly. Which begs the question: Why do people believe the Bible?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2007, 06:41:44 PM »
But the Native Americans existed before the USA.  And I know no ones trying to be rude on this thread, there all just stating there opinions and that's just fine with me because a lot of people find our doctrines hard to believe.

Okay, I'm basing everything on what I gathered from that South Park episode, so bare with me if I'm wrong, But doesn't it say that whites existed in north america first and American Indians were sinners that were punished with dark skin?

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2007, 06:50:42 PM »
Yes.  Well, initially, all white people came to the America's and the sinners got dark skins.  But the dark skins (known as the Lamanites) went on a genocide and killed the white skins (known as the Nephites) and, no, black people are still not sinners now their skin color is just a trait now and not a mark of evil.  This would explain why there were no white people in the America's.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:52:53 PM by Presidente »

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2007, 07:04:29 PM »
Exactly. Which begs the question: Why do people believe the Bible?

The Bible and the Book of Mormon share nothing alike. They are two totally different things. The Bible never speaks about white skins and black skins fighting each other, and it never talks about Jesus coming to America. Ever. History never even said that Jesus came to America. According to history, he was a man who lived and preached in Eurasia from 4 B.C. to 29 A.D. when he was crucified.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 07:28:41 PM by PaperLuigi »

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2007, 07:32:19 PM »
Yes.  Well, initially, all white people came to the America's and the sinners got dark skins.  But the dark skins (known as the Lamanites) went on a genocide and killed the white skins (known as the Nephites) and, no, black people are still not sinners now their skin color is just a trait now and not a mark of evil.  This would explain why there were no white people in the America's.

I find that extremely offensive. A religion condemning a RACE! So, yeah, I think this takes the cake in absurdism.

Oh, and the Great Spirit would like to have a word with you.

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 07:42:07 PM »
Skin color makes you evil. Since when did people have power over skin color?

Print