Print

Author Topic: Atom smasher might destroy the Earth  (Read 7665 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »
So what, maybe it will kill us, maybe it wont.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 05:57:21 PM »
This sounds like one of the headlines Jay Leno would read on the air.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
Thank God we have scientists devoting countless time and money to discovering completely abitrary information on things that may or may not even exist. Dark matter is so much more important than renewable energy and curing cancer.

Besides, if the Kirby series has taught us anything its that dark matter is incredibly dangerous and will give us all nightmares if they uncover it.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 10:15:52 PM »
I've read about this on another forum. One person said that any Black holes created by this thingamajig would be too small and would evaporate too quickly to do damage to our planet.

Thank God we have scientists devoting countless time and money to discovering completely abitrary information on things that may or may not even exist. Dark matter is so much more important than renewable energy and curing cancer.

Besides, if the Kirby series has taught us anything its that dark matter is incredibly dangerous and will give us all nightmares if they uncover it.
Only if it has a giant eyeball in it.

I don't think that a degree in physics can help cure cancer. Plus, is a lot of people working on the same thing really going to help find a cancer cure or a new renewable energy source any sooner?

Also, who knows what good could come out of this project? Perhaps we could find a renewable energy source. We don't know until we try.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 11:55:41 PM »
Just like in good old Alpha Centauri (a Sid Meier game): physicists like that bunch will give us clean, renewable energy from man-made singularities. In the year 6000.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 01:07:42 AM »
The Romulans use artificial singularities to power their warp drive.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2008, 10:07:27 AM »
Just like in good old Alpha Centauri (a Sid Meier game): physicists like that bunch will give us clean, renewable energy from man-made singularities. In the year 6000.

Dood! Another AC fan!

I think that just because some facet of science doesn't cure cancer doesn't mean that it shouldn't be funded. While space travel or astrophysics or whatever won't cure cancer, some really cool stuff is eventually going to come out of it, right?
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 10:39:59 AM »
If people finally decide to get with the program, yeah.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »
Yeah, too bad no one cares about space exploration right now. After a couple of moon landings, people stopped being interested in outer space. That's why we need to put a man on Mars as soon as possible. Once we get that back in business, we can start inventing hyperspeed and warp drive and Vulcans.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2008, 09:18:03 PM »
I believe we're going back to the moon first.
That was a joke.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »
We should focus more on discovering alternate dimensions and time travel. I want to meet Future Glorb, and Cowboy Glorb, and perhaps even Female Glorb, within the next thirty years.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 06:37:35 PM »
I just hope that The Chef Prime and The Chef of Earth-2 don't try to kill me if I ever run into them.

Print