Poll

What control scheme is your favorite way to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

Wii Remote
1 (4%)
Wii Remote with Nunchuck
3 (12%)
Classic Controller
4 (16%)
Gamecube Controller
17 (68%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Brawl Control Scheme  (Read 6559 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:20:55 PM »
My favorite way to play Brawl is with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. It feels odd at first, but after a while it feels very natural, much like Super Mario Galaxy and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 10:32:55 PM »
I haven't tried anything but GCN controller but remote+nunchuk takes its toll on my hands after a couple hours.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 12:46:40 AM »
I've tried playing with a GCN controller for all of 2 minutes for one round of a tournament. It was fine and felt familiar.

Wiimote + Nunchuk, though.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 05:51:02 AM »
I've only tried Classic Controller, and I like it!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 07:26:05 AM »
I've only used a Wavebird.  I noticed people buying non-Nintendo GCN controllers yesterday.  Nintendo could have sold some Wii themed Wavebirds with the release of SSBB.  Oh well, mine still works fine. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 09:45:57 AM »
I imagine that if I had a Wii and SSBB, I would probably still use the gamecube controller instead of flailing around with the Wii Remote(s)

EDIT: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 05:06:39 PM by Metal_Slug_Mario »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 10:03:53 AM »
When I eventually play the game, I'll almost certainly be using a GCN controller.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 11:03:30 AM »
I've only used the GC Controller, but I plan on trying the WiiMote+nunchuk eventually. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of motion sensing as a default control scheme. I only like it as an option or required for certain games. I certainly grasp that it's the selling point for the system, though, and it will be used whenever possible.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »
When I was playing with my boyfriend, I used my CGN controller. It works just fine.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »
Right now I'm sticking to familiar territory with the GCN controller, but I'll try other schemes.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »
I only use the GCN controller with the following scheme mods:

Up to jump turned off
L changed to jump (Y/X still jump too) -- This is useful in situations where you're charging a move with B but need to jump (Dedede's hammer, etc.)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 03:30:51 PM »
Note: Wii remote and Nunchuck does not require any wrist movements. You hold it still.

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 04:01:36 PM »
I stuck with the GameCube controller. But I'll probably try the others.
Bowser and Bowser Jr: best villains EVER.

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
I've only used the GC Controller, but I plan on trying the WiiMote+nunchuk eventually. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of motion sensing as a default control scheme. I only like it as an option or required for certain games. I certainly grasp that it's the selling point for the system, though, and it will be used whenever possible.
What SolidShroom said. I just got done playing about 15 minutes of it at Gamestop (they have the full game on their Wii display, which surprised me) with the Wiimote/Nunchuck setup. It was awkward at first, I kept hitting A to jump,and I kept forgetting that B was an attack button as well, but eventually I got the hang of it, and it rocked. There is no motion interacting at all, just pushes of buttons.

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 04:27:04 PM »
GC controller for me. The Wiimote is fine, not that I tried it much. The Wiimote + Nunchuck is alright, but sometimes I go in the wrong direction. The Classic Controller would be great if it wasn't for the bad control stick. I wish I could map moving to the direction pad...

Print