Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's island for GBA  (Read 2467 times)

« on: August 02, 2002, 04:53:42 PM »
Hi! I can't believe they are putting yoshi's Island on GBA. I saw the graphics and it looks cool I like to know how are they going to do the last boss he's bigger than the screen. How are they going to put such a large boss on a small screen. he is the biggest Bowser that was ever seen in a mario game. well I can't wait to check it out I am a big mario fan and enjoy playing all the mario games Please let me know what you think ok.Take care -{I'll get those plumbers} Bowser adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2002, 05:55:28 PM »
Hello, and welcome to two months ago!

Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman
Pretty funny, eh Mikey? -Legion, Shadowman

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2002, 08:06:10 PM »
sorry about that I haven't been to many stores lately or read Nintendo power either I just want to know is that giant Bowser in the GBA version thats all.Thanks

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2002, 11:05:01 PM »
Why wouldn't he be? Scrolling or scaling or something will make it quite possible.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2002, 01:41:47 AM »
Geez, everytime someone posts here, you're all like, "Duh! We know!" Well, maybe some of us don't know that "you know". If you're already such "know-it-alls", then why post at all? What, you get a big thrill out of saying, "Duh, we already know, where have you been?" Whatever floats your boat, I guess.....Anyway, I think Yoshi's Island is cool. Bowser's huge!!! Probably the biggest one ever in a Mario game.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2002, 08:14:22 AM »
I saw some screenshots of it on that video game channel G4. It doesen't look any different from the Super Nintendo version.

I really don't care about buying the game, I own it on SNES already. I never liked the game. It's Super Mario Bros 3 they should release.

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2002, 12:30:06 PM »
You get G4?? What cable plan do you have? I want G4!

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2002, 12:45:53 PM »
I once rented Yoshi's Island for my Super Nintendo a long time ago. I love that game, it has been praised as one of the finest sidescrolling platformers ever made! And I am pretty sure that with the GameBoy Advance version, Nintendo fans from all over will once again fall in love with the cutest dinosaur ever to grace a videogame system!

Strangely enough, I also thought Yoshi's Story was a pretty decent platformer game. I know it had those very "cutsey" graphics, but look at Pokemon and how much of a pop-culture phenominon it has been!

On another subject:
I saw a preview in Nintendo Power magazine of a 4th Pokemon movie! It is tentatively called "Pokemon 4Ever". I can't believe Nintendo would even consider of making a new Pokemon movie! And it has to happen right when the 'Poke-fever' has died down...
---

Nintendo is like a religion to me, and Shigeru Miyamoto is the God of it.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2002, 01:02:13 PM »
Yeah, once I buy Yoshi's Island for GBA, every day I'll be thinking, "What should I play today? Advance Wars. No, Yoshi's Island. No, Advance Wars..." You get the point.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2002, 07:14:56 PM »
hMMM, IT SEEMS THAT A LOT MORE PEOPLE ON THESE BOARDS LIKE aDVANCE (stupid caps lock, no it wasn't a joke; I am too lazy to fix it) Wars than I thought... I am almost at Rank 01 in that game, but I still don't have the bile to finish it....

Anyway, I find Yoshi's Island to be the BEST platformer ever made. (opinion) Anyway, I am very glad that they switched it from SMB3, because although I liked SMB3; I thought that it would have made a far better choice for SMA1 that SMB2 did. I still wonder why they chose SMB2 as the first SMA....

Anyway, I do, however, hope they eventually put SMB3 on GBA, but I'd sooner buy Yoshi's Island or SMRPG on GBA before SMB3.

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

Print