Print

Author Topic: Dance Dance Revolution:Mario Mix"ed up"  (Read 7589 times)

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 04:05:40 PM »
Have you tried Rendevous on Ice?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 07:51:48 PM »
Has anyone been to Cedar Point or any video game arcade with DDR games and watch a group of kids kill the machine as a buzillion arrows are on the screen? It's pretty crazy. Here I am, having trouble with Bowser's Castle on Normal mode. What's wrong with the dance pads? Although the game isn't really dancing because you just step on arrows, the play is still hard. Or that's just me, the newbie's perspective.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 08:31:45 PM »
If by "group of kids" you mean "Lizard Dude", and by "a buzillion arrows" you mean on one of the hardest and fastest songs, then yeah.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2005, 05:11:45 PM »
Ok, compare the harder difficulties of DDR Mario Mix to current songs on 4-panel dance simulations. I'm considering buyng this game.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2005, 06:29:59 PM »
I only know about the difficulty of DDR specifically, but I'd say that Mario Mix covers it up to about mid-Heavy. There is no equivalent to Max 300's insane difficulties or something like that but the songlist is excellent and it covers the low difficulty range well so novices can dance to any song, not just a few like in old DDRs which only had a few sub-3-feeters.

A weird thing is that the songs are kind of arranged in a progression of difficulty, so Super Hard on on of the earlier songs (defined by its place in Story Mode) will not be as hard as Super Hard on a later song. This still holds true in Free Play, that's the weird thing.

I have fun with it and I'm really, really good at DDR so I'd recommend buying it if easy-ness is your concern.

^ It is an utterly inescapable miasma of pure, mind-shattering MADNESS from which no mind can awake!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2005, 06:57:20 PM »
That's the way most DDR games are.  On any given difficulty level, some tracks will be much harder than others.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2005, 07:22:52 PM »
I know. I think that actually makes the game more fun. There's always a time for a challenge. To me, it's getting past hard mode.

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2005, 09:18:44 PM »
> That's the way most DDR games are. On any given difficulty level, some tracks will be much harder than others.

Right, but in this one they're actually in order. Just seems weird.

^ It is an utterly inescapable miasma of pure, mind-shattering MADNESS from which no mind can awake!

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2005, 10:11:44 PM »
Vidgmchtr, I do know the true meaning of Christmas (Homer: The birth of Santa!).  It's just that this game looks sweet, I've never played DDR before (just was too shy to try playing them in arcadse), and... the game looks sweet.  If I had money to spend and not just save for college I would buy some gifts for people but for now I might just have to make cards with macarooni glued on.  Or help out with CHORES!  But I definitely love time with my family more than any kind of game, no matter how cool.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
Looking for a great way to stay warm this holiday season and also work off some of that egg nog?  DDR: Mario Mix makes a perfect gift.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2005, 03:42:13 PM »
I think DDR: Mario Mix is easy on normal mode.It gets a little hard on hard mode.I think Mr.Melee is having trouble because it is very fast. Well, ther are secret songs on that DDR game and plus you can record you calores.Sorry for my spelling.
Dee to the third power dude

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 12:36:54 AM »
Hey, how do you guys move your arms when you play DDR?  I think that I might go for just clenching fists in front of me or swinging my arms in the opposite direction of my feet.  But I might not be able to really thing about it when the arrows are flying at me like bullets.
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 03:42:10 AM »
You know what speed skaters do with their arms? Kind of like that.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 11:46:48 AM »
I just sort of swing them. I'm more worried about the buzillion arrows than my arm movements.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 05:52:33 PM »
I know where you live, Linkboy!

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2005, 07:34:25 PM »
For the most part, I try to keep my arms just a little away from my body, and depending on how much trouble I am having to keep up, I'll use them to keep myself from falling.  Luckily, two of my walls in my room slant, so it's a great thing to slightly lean against during tough songs.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Print