Print

Author Topic: Ghostbusters: The Video Game  (Read 3938 times)

« on: January 23, 2009, 10:04:01 PM »
Are there any Ghostbuster geeks on this site? If so, are you eagerly awaiting the new game coming out in June of this year? I know I am. I can't wait to get my virtual hands on a proton pack and start busting some inter dimensional skulls (wait, do ghosts even have skulls?).

I have high hopes for this game, mainly because they actually got the original four voice actors (Bill, Dan, Harold, and Ernie) to reprise their roles. That alone says that Atari is putting some effort into it. The action looks promising and by the looks of it, anything your proton beam hits explodes in an exhilarating fashion (the fan boy inside me is squealing with joy). Maybe I'm a bit biased because Ghostbusters is my all time favorite movie, but I think I'm still gonna buy it (even if the reviews are negative). Anyone else psyched about it?

Here's the trailer if you're interested or haven't seen it yet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:21:07 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:03:06 PM »
If that game has online co-op I'm all over it.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 12:28:07 AM »
Same. That'd be awesome. If anything, there will be some form of multiplayer (at least according to wikipedia, which we all know is the source of all knowledge and truth). To what extent, I have no idea...online co-op would be awesome, though.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »
Ghostbusters on the Commodore 64 FTW. I remember when my friend spontanously brought that out and booted it up when I was at his house a long time ago... took, like, 15 minutes to load, and it was basically Pac-Man (then again, so were most games back then).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 01:57:13 PM »
Online co-op is a huge selling point for me in this case. And voice acting by the real Bill Murray, and not that one dude who sounds almost like him and does all his cartoon roles? Fudge yeah.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 02:09:56 PM »
Which platforms will it be available for? I need to figure out whether to get it for my 360 or tell my cousin to get it for his PS3.

and it was basically Pac-Man (then again, so were most games back then).

Mazes with dots on them not automatically = Pac-Man
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:12:53 PM by The Chef »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »
Chef, get it for PC and we can JOIN FORCES AGAINST EVIL.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 07:47:48 PM »
This is gonna be a tough one to decide....

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 09:19:31 PM »
Online co-op is a huge selling point for me in this case. And voice acting by the real Bill Murray, and not that one dude who sounds almost like him and does all his cartoon roles? Fudge yeah.

Not that it really matters at this point (since Murray is reprising his role) but Lorenzo Music (the voice for Peter Venkman in the cartoon) is dead. Then again, Dave Coulier also voiced him in the cartoons after Music quit.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 10:50:11 PM »
Mazes with dots on them not automatically = Pac-Man

That makes me think: How come somebody hasn't yet made a Pac-man clone, replacing the dots with coins and Pacman with Mario/Luigi, and the ghosts with Boos? That would be an awesome clone! </off topicness>

Listen!.. Do you smell that?! Ghostbusters was a great movie, but I haven't seen it in years.. I think it's time to go do a DVD search.. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 12:29:56 AM »
It's on YouTube if you're not looking to spend the money to buy the DVD.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 12:45:39 AM »
And if you, you know, don't want watchable quality and stuff.
That was a joke.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 12:50:30 AM »
Quality? Pfft. We don't need no stinking quality!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
I've got it on VHS. I taped it from Comedy Central a long time ago over Robocop 3, so in between the fadeouts for commercial breaks you'll see snippets of said movie.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
So you basically made a Ghostbusters/Robocop mashup? That would've made an awesome crossover.

Print