Print

Author Topic: Getting the Mario cartoons back on the air. (Fans of TMK please reply!)  (Read 7546 times)

« on: July 16, 2001, 01:07:39 AM »
Remember the mario cartoons around 4 ago? There was Mario World, Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros, and The Super Mario Bros. Supershow. I think we should all start a quest and everyone work together on how we can get them back on the air.

One thing I remember is that DIC was the sponsor of the mario cartoons. DIC was a video compony that would sponsor many cartoons like Sailor Moon, Inspector Gadget, and Dennis The Mennis. I have a plan, we could have a whole bunch of people call NOA (Nintendo Of America) and ask them to put the mario cartoons and nintendo cartoons back on the air, or contact DIC somehow. I tried sending DIC a letter 4 years ago just before Mario World was taken off the air but the letter returned saying NO ADDRESS EXISTS. However, the DIC address is on the back cover of the mario videos, so if you have some of those old videos, the address should be on the back. (I could of put in the wrong address.)

Somehow I also remember reading that the DIC compony was in New York. The point I am trying to get to is, should all of the fans of TMK and me start a quest and try to get the mario cartoons back on the air, in anyway we could do diferent plans. Like finding DIC or calling Nintendo.

I would also like to get the other cartoons on like Zelda, Captain N, and a few other old ones. I am not sure if DonkeyKong Country is still on the air as it was on the Fox Family channel and so is Mega Man I think which appears on a show called Made In Japan.

So I am asking you fans of TMK, will you help me on a quest to get those mario and other nintendo cartoons back on the air? We could post are status of how we are doing here every week of how we are doing and if its working. I really miss those cartoons and want them back on the air. There has to be some plan that would work.

Fans of TMK (I am a big fan too), please reply to this message as soon as possible, and thanks!

JoshTheN64Guy2000

I am the Nintendo Master!
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Link

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2001, 09:07:01 AM »
Kids Klassics also sponsord the SMBSS (Super Mario Bros. Super Show). There address is 401 5th Ave., New York, NY 10016. That is from my newest tape. I have only two. One 1990 and one 1989. Try that, Josh....person with a realy long name ( I forget easily)

------------------------------
Vote for
Marionut#1(president)
and
Link (vice president)

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2001, 09:37:32 AM »
A valiant quest, Josh.  I want to help as well!  Unforutunately, I don't have a lot of time, but I will try to rype up a letter and send it in to Nintendo and DIC, when I find the addresses.  If we can get enough letters sent in, maybe they'll at least put them on one last time, so we can all record them or something.  I don't know.

You know, Cartoon Network shows a lot of old cartoons.  Maybe they can pick them up or something.
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2001, 04:39:11 PM »
Hmm...
The old cartoons were interesting, I guess, but I only ever saw a few of them when I was really little. I have recently downloaded one episode from a site, and it's pretty good. The thing is, it'd be better if they decided to make another Mario show, instead of rerun the old ones. They could just call it Super Mario Bros. and it could include stuff from SMB1-3, SMW, and SM64. The old cartoons had horrible editing and weak plots (typical for toons around that time), and they could do a lot better now.

But anyway, good luck getting those old Mario cartoons back on the air, and I'll still definitely watch them if you succeed, being a Mario fan.

| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| \   -"Who wants lottery tickets!?"
| /
|/
|\ amek2K

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2001, 05:19:42 PM »
True, they weren't the highest quality, but they were Mario, and that's all that matters!

Here's a thought:  Toon Disney.  Last night I saw two cartoons that were DIC owned on Toon Disney, so maybe that's our ticket!
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

Link

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2001, 06:03:51 PM »
Super Mario RPG. That was the best games!

Vote for
Marionut#1(president)
and
Link (vice president)

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2001, 11:30:29 PM »
Yeah, I like that idea. An SMRPG toon would be awesome!

| /
|/
|\ amek2K
| /
|/
|\ amek2K

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2001, 04:48:58 AM »
Yeah if it was a simple miny series maybe, not a whole show. You can only drag it out for so long.

"I'll never look back, I''ve got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Link

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2001, 05:13:43 PM »
I'll create a fan fic on the story board soon if you want. One rule make it to the point of SMRPG. Don't have bazokas come out of nowhere.

Vote for
Marionut#1(president)
and
Link (vice president)

The Triforce Protector

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2001, 12:09:05 AM »
Well if anyone is going to write or call DIC ask them about makeing season 3 of Sonic the Hedgehog while there at it.

"I'll never look back, I''ve got no regrets. 'Cause time doesn''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Link

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2001, 08:04:30 AM »
No offense, Sonic, but I couldn't understand the point of the Sonic cartoons.

The unoffical vice-president

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2001, 12:44:13 PM »
Ok we have a problem here. I called Nintendo today and the operator said they had nothing to do with those Nintendo cartoons that were on years ago.

The reason why its Nintendo is because all they do is licence the compony to use their characters in the cartoon. Nintendo dosent have controll over the cartoons being back on the air, so if this means that we have to call the compony that put those cartoons on the air, it would probly be DIC.

I called 411 and they said they dont do anything where you give them a address and they pull up a number. So I think the onlyway we could contact DIC or Kids Klassics is mail them by their address or try to find their websites, etc.

Does anybody have anymore ideas? I am going to some cartoon websites like www.cartoonetwork.com and see if they can put the Mario cartoons back on the air. A lot of people told me that Cartoon Network puts a lot of old cartoons back on. So if we get enough people to ask, we can probly succeed.

Im going to do some more research on how to get the cartoons back on the air. You fans of TMK too, please help me on this quest to get them back! There has to be hope!

P.S. Im 16

I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2001, 01:16:04 PM »
Ok I think I found the number to DIC that produced the Mario Cartoons on the air.

Its (212) 935-5200

Remember as this is a long distance number for New York. Another thing is I did a search on DIC at www.yellowpages.com and the listing's name says DIC UNDERHILL UNDUSTRIES, and the address is a little bit diferent than the one Link gave me.

It says its at 211 E 46th St. NEW YORK, NY, 10017.

The zip code is only 1 number behind.

So im guessing this could be a back-up company to DIC? Well I havent called yet because I cant call long distance on my mom's phone but ill ask later on today.

Can someone please check out this information with me? Thanks

Josh

Link

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2001, 08:48:44 AM »
PAX used to run them. This year although they took them down very soon.

The unoffical vice-president

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2001, 12:27:20 PM »
Why watch the Mario Cartoons on tv when you can see them on the internet?I found a site that has them...I watch one every morning..But it would be cool to have a Super Mario TV show...With cool computer graphics,good animations,a lot of characters etc etc!!!!!

alexlabbe
alexlabbe

Print