Print

Author Topic: Mario's Planet  (Read 6547 times)

« on: August 06, 2001, 08:15:39 PM »
Okay, we know that Mario's world is an alternate dimention from ours.  It has several different kingdoms, including the Mushroom K., the Koopa K., Sarasaland, Warioland, the Booster Empire, Nimbus Land, etc.  But has anyone concidered a name for the planet all these kingdoms are on?

I'm currently (and slowly) drawing a Super Mario Land comic.  In it, Tatanga is trying to take over the planet.  Problem is, Mario's planet has no NAME.  It's kinda difficult to keep avoiding the planet's name, so I thought I'd make one up.  And, since all the best Mario fans find their way here, I thought I'd consult the board!

So, any suggestions?  My best was "Miyamoto."  Another was Snes or Nes (get it?).  Star Treck fans might like the sound of En 64 of the Nintendo system.  I know all of these are cheesy, but that's kinda what I'm going for.  Any one else have any ideas?

--

I''ve decided to add a signature.  Now...what should I type?  Hmm...
--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2001, 12:06:17 AM »
I always just sort of referred to it as The Mushroom World. . . I guess I never really thought of it as a different planet.  Just sort of a hidden continent.  Atlantis, perhaps? ;)

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Have a nice end of the world.
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2001, 11:31:11 AM »
I like Miyamoto, but to me....its just Mushroom World like billy chilly.
--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2001, 02:14:02 PM »
To me, "Mushroom World" doesn't include everywhere.  I know Bowser probably would resent living on "Mushroom World."  He'd probably want to call the planet "The-Place-Where-Bowser-Koopa-Lives."  Donkey Kong Country and such don't really fit on "Mushroom World." But, whatever.

Still, if anyone has an idea, feel free to post it.

--

--Roy Koopa

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2001, 03:19:16 PM »
But within the Mushroom World you have the Mushroom Kingdom represented by Mario's adventures in Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Paper Mario etc.  However, in Mario RPG, Mario and his cohorts traversed the entire Mushroom Continent (though only a fraction of the Mushroom Kingdom was seen).  And off the coast of the Mushroom Continent, you have literally hundreds of small islands including Warioland, Dinosaur Land, the Koopa Kingdom (the largest of the islands), Donkey Kong Country, etc.

At least, that's how I think of it.

Hmmm. . . maybe I should replace "The Mushroom World" with " The Great Mushroom Sea."  Any suggestions?

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2001, 03:31:41 PM »
Yes!  Yes!  That's how I think of it too!  And I grant that the oceans are called the Great Mushroom Sea.  But I don't think of it as on earth at all.  I think of it as...well..a whole seperate planet!  And Refering to it as "The Mushroom World" or, like in Mario RPG, "Mario's World" just doesn't appeal to me.

--

--Roy Koopa

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2001, 09:13:54 PM »
How bout the planet Cortex, in the Imagination galaxy, between the two giant ears of the Eternal Void?
I want to be where the Yaks can run free;
Where the marmosets can attack me!

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2001, 09:54:40 PM »
Oh come on, haven't you guys ever read/seen Alice in Wonderland?  The world of Mario is just a screwed-up, topsy-turvy version of Earth!  Rather than seven different continents, you have one huge Mushroom Continent!

Well, it makes sense to me at least. . . :)

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2001, 09:56:46 AM »
Actually it makes sense to me too, but all the suggestions sound reasoning.
Mushroom World just dosent sound right.  It needs a cool name.
--
"True Dat!"
Mæriô from da Ghetto©

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2001, 03:46:54 PM »
Mushroom World is the term I use on my site, so I'll defend that as the actual name of the planet. : )

I interpret the "Super Mario Bros. 3" manual as saying the Mushroom Kingdom, Giant Land, Dark Land, etc. (and by extension Sarasaland, Dinosaur Land, and all those others) are regions on Mushroom World.

As I see it, Mushroom World is the equivalent of Earth in a parallel universe.  Like Xanth, or Tlön.  Every point on Earth has a corresponding point in Mushroom World.  Some of those points are actually connected by warp pipes.  The Mushroom Kingdom corresponds with Brooklyn.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2001, 11:21:04 AM »
Well, I don't know...I consider Mario's Planet to be The Mushroom Kingdom, Sub-Con (ok, maybe it was just a dream, but I consider it real), the Mushroom World, and Dinosaur Land (you know, with Yoshi's Island with it). I count the land Mario was in SMRPG as part of the Mushroom Kingdom (it just makes sense to me).

Well, I would call it...well, I don't know. You guys had good ideas.

Edited by - Bowsa on 8/9/2001 10:23:20 AM

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2001, 11:32:49 AM »
Sub-Con and Sub-Space may be two more dimensions.  And the Koopas may come from another.  So that would mean there are five-plus parallel universes.  This is starting to sound like "Sliders!"

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2001, 12:28:08 PM »
I've always just followed what the video game that I'm playing maps out the Mushroom Kingdom to be. I don't really care about a universe or stuff like that. You can argue how the mushroom world looks, but I'll just listen to the experts.
PS. Roy, how about Htrae? Just a quick guess, but at least it's something! I didn't want to come on here and not suggest something.

Exit, stage right! ;)
Exit, stage right! ;)

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2001, 02:36:52 PM »
Well, if there absolutley must be a name for the planet, I'd call it Urf.  Get it?  Say it out loud and it'll make sense. ;)

-----------------------

-==bï||¥ ©hî||ÿ==-
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2001, 09:18:03 PM »
Donkey Kong land is in our world, in africa or something. Donkey Kong Jr. and Donkey Kong the third travel between universes.

anyway, on the name of the planet thing, the planet's name is Wario. haben't you ever played Wario Land 2?

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print