Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 4  (Read 4721 times)

« on: June 05, 2000, 02:57:09 PM »
In 1990 or 91, both me and my friend remember seeing a commercial for the game that would be released under the title "Super Mario World," but at the end of the commercial, it identified the game as "Super Mario Bros. 4."  Was "Super Mario World" called "Super Mario Bros. 4" originally or in Japanese releases and was changed at the last minute in America?
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2000, 04:16:22 PM »
Super Mario Bros. 4 is what Mario world originally was.  You will see a refreance to "Super Mario Bros. 4" in the Nintendo "Game Atlas" book.  There was a Super Mario Bros. 4 but it was a pirate of another game that some company released in asia.  There was also Mario world 9 and mario 14 but they were both pirates too.  I hope this helps.

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2000, 05:39:46 PM »
Thanks!  I was starting to wonder if I was just nuts.  "Mario 9"?  That seems a little odd.
Mega 2

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2000, 09:04:58 PM »
Here is some links with  pics of the games I  mentioned above.  Nintendo did not approve of any of these games tho.

http://nesworld.vintagegaming.com/smb4ss.htm  -  Mario 4
http://nesworld.vintagegaming.com/smb14ss.htm  - Mario 14
http://www.disflux.net/smackdown/features/pirate/smb9.html  -Mario 9

Hope this helps you.BTW, my brother and I when we were younger we drew up a "Super Mario Bros 4" on paper but then something happened to it.  My brother also drew a "Mario 5" but he eventually threw it away when it got mixed up.  They were all drawn on paper.  Not good drawings but some good ideas though such as my brother had pipes that generated goombas into passageways above mario and they would fall out of holes and hit mario from falling .  There was also blue goombas and stronger grey goombas.Armored goombas?  Anyway enjoy.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2000, 09:52:23 PM »
I made up "Mario 4" also!  It wasn't too much like the real "Super Mario World," but my "Mario  5" had Yoshi in a key role eating stuff and getting powers and saw the return of the Shy Guys, a lot like "Yoshi's Island."  This is completely out of the topic, but did "Super Mario Bros. 3" have a subtitle.
Mega 2

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2000, 01:50:48 PM »
I don't think so but I don't know for sure.

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2000, 04:54:36 PM »
I downloaded "Super Mario Bros. 4" on Real Player (it didn't work) from this site, but now I can't find where it was.  Did the "Super Mario Bros. 4" picture and download get taken off of the Mushroom Kingdom, or was it a different site I'm thinking of?
Mega 2

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2000, 04:30:49 PM »
Will somebody please answer my last question?  I'm building a "Mario" website, and I really need that graphic.
Mega 2

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2000, 06:33:38 PM »
Never mind, I found it.  
Mega 2

Print