Print

Author Topic: Bowser's name mentioned in 1990 in the US on accident  (Read 1821 times)

« on: October 02, 2001, 02:30:23 PM »
In one episode of The Adventures of Super Mario 3 where they're all in giant land,and i'll just write the whole scene down:

Bower: At last, you did some rotteness worthy of a Koopa. I'm so proud of you, Koopalings. Now you'll see why I modestly, heh heh heh, call myself a genius. Poodle wand, do your stuff!
(Prince Hugo gets turned into a poodle)
Peach: Oh no! Poor Prince Hugo!
Bowser: It's the small things in life that make a Koopa happy. Hahahaha!
Koopa Kids: Yeah!
Bowser: Now that my plan is complete, it time to turn you bsck to normal size.
Blue headed kid: But pop, we're having so much fun being stink lying giant cheat ninja koopas!
Morton: Couldn't we stay like this and capture a few more kingdoms?
Bowser: That's a cruel, rotten, disgusting idea... and I love it! Hahaheheh! I'll use this ninja wand later.
Koopa kids: Yeah! For he's a jolly good Koopa, for he's a jolly good koopa!
(Mario trys to open the cage in which Peach, Luigi, and Toad are trapped in)
Mario: Grunt! I can't get it open! I got a way to trick old Koopa, but we'll have to work together. Listen close...
Koopa Kids: For he's a jolly good Koopa, which nobody can deny.
Morton: So, what kingdom are we giant ninja Koopas gonna conquer first?
Ludwig: Water Land!
Iggy: Desert Land!
Bowser: Quiet Koopalings, I'm the king, I'll decide which kingdom we're gonna take over!
Mario: You're not taking over any land, you BOWSER Koopa!
Bowser: What?!?
Koopa Kids: Gasp!
Mario: Free my friends and turn Prince Hugo the poodle back into Prince Hugo the Huge, or else!

So you can see, either Mario knew Bowser's name all along, or the japanese script writers made a mistake.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2001, 05:34:27 PM »
Bowser's name was mentioned several times in the "Super Mario Bros. 3" cartoon.  In the episode "Princess Toadstool for President" Luigi refers to the character as "Bowser Koopa," for example.

I find it hard to believe the use of the name "Bowser" was ever avoided.

Lee "Mega 2" Sherman

Sneaky Lying Cheating Giant Ninja Koopa
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2001, 06:51:01 PM »
lol... this ppost shows up on the mesage board as "Bowser's name mentioned in 1990 in the US on accid"

Print