Print

Author Topic: Wet-Dry World  (Read 4357 times)

« on: July 16, 2000, 04:33:53 PM »
In "Super Mario 64" in Wet-Dry World how do you get the water up all the way?  There's a way to jump it says in the site that doesn't work.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2000, 02:54:50 PM »
Hmm... It's been awhile since I have played SM64, but as I recall you have to reach the jewel on top of the huge pillar that juts up from the lowest area in the level (not including the underground part).

Or, you can try backflipping into the level in order to begin with the water level at its highest... I don't know.

<Hinopio slaps himself for being a rambling and syntactically impaired moron>
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2000, 09:35:35 AM »
Yeah, if you do a triple jump in order to get into the Wet-Dry World painting and get as high as you can, the water will be higher than the highest crystal allows. You have to hit the very top of the painting though.
This allows you to reach the cannon to get into the corner caging.

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2000, 12:27:05 PM »
A triple jump is overkill, you can do it with a back flip.

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2000, 06:33:31 PM »
True, the backflip is enough.  Also, if I remember correctly you don't have to hit the _extreme_ top of the painting.  I have jumped  around 4/5 of the way to the top and raised the water all the way...
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2000, 05:51:45 AM »
I often do it with a backflip, but I sometimes do it with a triple jump. If the triple jump doesn't work first time then I just backflip, but t-j'ing saves time sometimes...

Fryguy - summoned from the flame
Ralph Wiggum "I bent my wookie!"
Wolverine "This is... a big round room!"
Webmaster
nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com - Nintendo Database

Print