Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. instructions  (Read 2955 times)

« on: July 17, 2000, 10:31:11 PM »
I have never seen the instruction manual to the original "Super Mario Bros."  Sure, the cartridge I play CAME with instructions, but they got thrown out before I saw them (don't ask why).  I wanted to know if the manual gave the Princess' name as "Princess Toadstool," or was she just "the Princess?"  And what about Bowser Koopa?  Was he even established as a character back then?  Did the manual have pictures?  What did Mario look like?
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2000, 12:36:29 AM »
Peach was referred to as "Princess Toadstoool." Bowser was "Bowser, King of the Koopas." They showed pictures of all the enemies and items, but they were just enlarged sprites from the game. There was a small bit of artwork that was rather mediocre.

Hmm, anyone have the manual(s) for the Japanese SMB1, 2, or 3? I'd love to see those. :)

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2000, 12:03:42 PM »
If you are talking about the SMB/DH cart well it had sprites of main characters and a basic map of 1-1 to 1-4(very basic)  And well its alomst like the SMB DX instructions without the extra stuff.  Infact I almost didn't see the SMB instructions but one day I found it in a drawer.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2000, 12:03:43 PM »
If you are talking about the SMB/DH cart well it had sprites of main characters and a basic map of 1-1 to 1-4(very basic)  And well its alomst like the SMB DX instructions without the extra stuff.  Infact I almost didn't see the SMB instructions but one day I found it in a drawer.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2000, 07:37:31 PM »
In the pictures of Mario in the "Super Mario Bros." or "Super Mario Bros.+Duck Hunt" instruction manual have the "M" on his hat?  Because "Qix" was made after it, and in the head shots there is clearly no letter/symbol on Mario or Luigi's hats.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2000, 11:18:06 PM »
Some do, some don't.

Print