Print

Author Topic: Your "Pet Peeves"  (Read 53631 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2008, 03:53:38 PM »
How about Kevin Levin... or Ben, Gwen, and Ken Tennyson?  I don't think anyone in real life has a name like one of those, but still...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2008, 04:06:28 PM »
I know someone with the last name "Levin".
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »
I know someone with the last name "Levin".
Like the car? I'll agree that Ben 10 sucks, but then, I don't watch very many cartoons nowadays.
I hate fanboys who bash on other consoles, then tout that thiers is the best one.
I hate Pokemon and their followers. I'll admit that I liked Pokemon... When I was 8, and that's the age group for it: little people.
People who hate the N64 and its controller. Why be hatin' yo? :'(
Hip-hop and rap. I don't consider it music. I consider it highly paced strung together on a background of repeating noise.
Falcon....PAUNNNNCH!!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
Like the car? I'll agree that Ben 10 sucks, but then, I don't watch very many cartoons nowadays.
I hate fanboys who bash on other consoles, then tout that thiers is the best one.
I hate Pokemon and their followers. I'll admit that I liked Pokemon... When I was 8, and that's the age group for it: little people.
People who hate the N64 and its controller. Why be hatin' yo? :'(
Hip-hop and rap. I don't consider it music. I consider it highly paced strung together on a background of repeating noise.

I agree with the fan boys, ben 10 sucking, and Pokemon. I used to watch Pokemon when I was a kid and it had only 150. Now it's stupid, well so are the old ones now, but still. I do disagree with the rap thing, I don't know what kind you're listening to, (Possibly the new crappy guys) but the Older stuff is what rap really is, Rhythm And Poetry, they rap about growing up in the streets and actually have meaning to their lyrics. New rappers, all they talk about is their money, how good life is for them because they have money, and try to invent some stupid new dance so they can bring in more sales and repeat the same freaking thing throughout the whole song.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2008, 11:51:46 PM »
Pokemon... When I was 8, and that's the age group for it: little people.
I know this has been said before but I refuse to believe Pokémon is for children. (The main series anyway.)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2008, 11:55:44 PM »
Yeah, the games are certainly not just for kids. Look at how EVs work, and tell me it's only a children's game.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2008, 12:21:18 AM »
Like the car?

I never even knew there was a car called "Levin". You learn something new every day, I guess.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »
Ben 10 sucks

What?  I think that's actually one of the only decent cartoons on CN right now.

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »
I agree with the fan boys, ben 10 sucking, and Pokemon.

Yeah, I pretty much hate Ben 10 too. Cartoons nowadays are really, really bad and Ben 10 is a prime example of how unfunny they've become. Shows like Flapjack, Chowder and George of the Jungle are the worst offenders.

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »
I disagree, Chowder is freaking hilarious. The others are... ehhhh.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »
Chowder is probably the best. It's not that bad, but I still wish it were as funny as something like Rocko's Modern Life, Dave the Barbarian and old school Spongebob.

George of the Jungle is just terrible. It's poorly animated and the voice acting (especially George's voice) is abysmal.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:23:52 PM by PaperLuigi »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2008, 12:16:09 PM »
So it lives up to the GOTJ heritage quite well.
every

« Reply #132 on: August 08, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »
Yes, indeed. GOTJ was never that great to begin with, but this new show has lowered the bar so low that in a game of limbo, you'd have to kill yourself in order to win.

I also dislike Naruto intensely, and I have a leg to stand on when I say that because I used to follow the show like a religion.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #133 on: August 08, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »
Cartoons nowadays are really, really bad and Ben 10 is a prime example of how unfunny they've become.

You do realize Ben 10 isn't supposed to be funny, don't you (apart from some small comic relief moments)?

« Reply #134 on: August 08, 2008, 02:28:41 PM »
I've seen enough episodes of Ben 10 to realize that they are trying to be funny. Ben tries to say something witty and hilarious every time he transforms, but the show's dialogue is really difficult to listen to without groaning.

Print