Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1276450 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4110 on: April 14, 2009, 06:54:11 AM »
I just didn't like bending over backwards through each and every one of them to unlock Cerulean Cave.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4111 on: April 14, 2009, 11:13:57 AM »
I'm glad the release date for Wii Sports Resort has been announced: it's a little before my birthday!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4112 on: April 14, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
Alrighhhht!

So, I was on a quest to hatch an Adamant Larvitar today. After a LOT of Larvitars, I get this

A shiny Larvitar. That's awesome by itself, but the icing on the cake was the fact that it has an Adamant nature. I can't lose 'em all.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4113 on: April 14, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »
So you can hatch a shiny pokemon? Hmmmmm... I'mma try that.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #4114 on: April 14, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »
I don't think you're any more likely to get a shiny Pokémon by hatching than you are by catching, are you? If I remember correctly, hatching from a shiny Pokémon leads to a greater chance, but--I've been shown not to be the world's foremost expert on Pokémon mechanics. Incidentally, I also used breeding to get an Adamant / Sturdy Magnemite. 'Twas a good investment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:12:58 PM by Suffix »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4115 on: April 14, 2009, 07:29:08 PM »
The chances are the same regardless of caught, hatched or parents, as far as I know. Except, it's said that the egg you get from the Day Care center in Crystal has a higher chance than usual, and I did in fact get an alternately colored Tyrogue from them once. It's also said that in the Japanese version it would be shiny. But it's also a longer process to get the egg.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4116 on: April 14, 2009, 07:45:25 PM »
to make the game longer they should add Hanto, Johto, and Hoenn regions in one game.

Also, guess who will be getting Game & Watch Collection!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #4117 on: April 15, 2009, 02:42:14 PM »
It's known that using Diamond and Pearl's PokeRadar to string multiple encounters with the same Pokemon greatly increases your chances of finding a shiny, but it's otherwise a one in eight thousand shot. I've logged over 1500 hours of my life into Pokemon games over the last decade, and only have a sparkly orange Goldeen in Crystal to show for it.

Life's been good.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4118 on: April 19, 2009, 09:20:21 PM »
I just finished playing my first StarCraft multiplayer games ever. My brother got a used copy of the base game yesterday for a dollar, and after some irritation with trying to play over the network (hasn't worked for any game I've tried yet - no Diablo II, no Soldat, and now no StarCraft), we decided to try Battle.net. No issues with the CD key and surprisingly minimal lag, so we played a few matches (I won all three). I also got my first taste of playing Protoss, and I've got to say, I'm really looking forward to their campaign.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4119 on: April 19, 2009, 09:56:17 PM »
What do you know, I actually shaved for the first time! Hey, don't make fun, facial hair is usually a sign that physical growth is coming to an end--and I'm almost 6'1". Better than being one of those kids who got a mustache in seventh grade and is a head shorter than me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4120 on: April 19, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
I played Halo 3 last night on Social Slayer and rediscovered how much fun that game is. There was a dude who had bought the game three days ago on and we partied up and had some lols. I gained a rank position each of the matches I played and gained a good-natured Halo 3 player friend.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4121 on: April 19, 2009, 11:25:50 PM »
How old is ShadowBrain again?
That was a joke.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #4122 on: April 20, 2009, 01:10:43 AM »
Fairemaster's age, at least.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #4123 on: April 20, 2009, 02:26:00 AM »
This thread here: http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=228466

Yes, I contributed in it and helped make it into a trainwreck of epic proportions. I have only one reaction face that sums up my feelings perfectly.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:37:10 AM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4124 on: April 20, 2009, 02:13:20 PM »
?
every

Print