Print

Author Topic: Super Paper Mario is a pretty decent game  (Read 3415 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« on: October 21, 2007, 08:14:37 PM »
It isn't an RPG or a straightforward platformer, like many people call it, but it feels like a puzzle platformer. A fairly decent one at that. It's extremely simple, which feels too easy at first but it smoothly transitions into more complex gameplay. The story so far is really lighthearted and silly, but still fairly entertaining.The ablilities given to you by the pixls are pretty creative, and they lend a lot to the gameplay. It doesn't feel like a Paper Mario game, but Super Paper Mario is a fairly decent game. My only complaints are the time it takes to become entertaining, and it's a bit too simple at times. Plus, Mario is the chracter you use 83% of the time, meaning all of the other characters aren't really important.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 09:24:37 PM »
* MaxVance applauds
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »
Who are you and what have you done with SolidShroom?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 04:46:21 AM »
I just decided to give it yet another chance, and this time it was a lot more satisfying,

Sqrt2

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 04:02:04 AM »
It's an OK game, just a little on the easy side. I am trying to use Mario as little as is humanly possible as, I prefer playing as either Peach or Bowser (haven't got Luigi yet). Oh and Mr L. is the best Mario Villan yet.
AA fanboy and proud!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 11:35:37 AM »
Oh and Mr L. is the best Mario Villan yet.
Too true, but for me, he ties with Fawful.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print