Print

Author Topic: Mario Kart Wii discussion  (Read 18872 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2008, 09:57:03 PM »
Ok maybe kirby is a stretch, but pac-man has been in 2 mario karts (neither of which I have played) and I would like to see him in an "official" mario kart
I think it's good to have a variety of characters
I've actually been musing over the possibilites of dumping Mario Kart and making the series be like Smash Bros. with all Nintendo characters (well... at least those they've been willing to put in the SB games so far) and appropraite tracks therein.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »
you know that's not a bad idea
maybe someone should start a thread for that. it would make for a good discussion
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2008, 08:55:04 AM »
As Much a Pac-Man, Metal Gear, and Sonic fan I am, I gotta say that I'm freaking sick of third party inclusions to Nintendo games. Now that it's been done to Brawl, I'll bet people will start freaking wanting Master Chief in Mario Tennis. Nintendo did it once, and I think they should not do it much more. Maybe the Smash Bros. series should have some third party characters, but at least no more than four. Anyway, Mario Kart is Mario Kart, so there should not be any third party characters in it.

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2008, 08:59:53 AM »
look, I'm not sayin that we include them in mario kart,
I'm saying we make a new racing game with a bunch of nintendo characters from all over (it doesn't have to have third-party characters)
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
Link and Pikachu driving cars. Just what we need. Don't forget to strategically switch between Zelda's cars. Also, desyncing the Ice Climbers' cars is a wonderful technique. But the top-tier car of all the bunch is definitely the Landmaster.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2008, 12:23:34 PM »
Cars... no.

Now, Nintendo Air Ride on the other hand...

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2008, 07:55:46 PM »
ok. cars were a bad idea

I admit that I was wrong to suggest a crossover racing game
Now let's get back to talking about what this thread is about

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2008, 08:37:30 PM »
I got a great idea concerning this thread. Nintendo should make a fighting game that features a lot of Nintendo characters from each series, and a couple third-party characters. They should be pitted up in a variety of stages with many items, both of which come from different nintendo games. Imagine what a good idea this would be! We wouldn't need any other cross over game than this because it would be that awesome.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 05:05:11 PM »
The Aladin's Castle in the mall used to have MK Arcade GP, but the stupid dukars got rid of it.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 07:31:22 PM »
The only time I ever played MKGP was a Disneyland. Unfortunately, one of the buttons was broken and I spent the entire race holding something that looked like a pie tin.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 09:54:08 PM »
Look can people try not to mention any spoilers at all

Please?!

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
I'd like my question answered: What was wrong with Peach's Strikers design?

I think there's a difference of opinion here. Some might like her in her regular dress outfit, others might prefer a more uh,..."racy" look I suppose.
But, those who are concerned that Peach, & Daisy will look too "racy", rest assured, I'm certain Nintendo won't go as far as having the 2 princesses strip naked, or anything. I believe they might just want to modernize it a bit, that's all.

As for the Wii Wheel, I'm glad it's packaged in w/ the game. You could probably get away w/ 85-90% of the techniques in the game using the GC controller, while maybe 10-15%, you need the wheel to perform, or you need the wheel to perform those techniques correctly. Still, I'm glad the wheel comes w/ the game. It'd be a little ridiculous paying 50$ for the game, then another 20$ for the wheel. The wheel may be used in other applications, MK Wii aside. But if it doesn't, that would've been a hefty price tag for an accessory that only gets used for 1 game, especially considering it's only a plastic shell. Despite it being "just a plastic shell", it may actually turn out to be very ergonomic.

& as for "baby" characters, this is only what I would call, the unofficial norm for Mario sports games. I think they make "baby" versions of each character simply to even everything out, so you can play not only the baby versions of Mario, & Luigi, but other characters as well.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2008, 01:44:37 PM »
Look can people try not to mention any spoilers at all

Please?!
Spoilers should now go in the new spoiler thread.

Print