Poll

Which Installment of the Mario Kart Series Contains your favorite version of Rainbow Road?

Super Mario Kart
4 (7%)
Mario Kart 64
32 (56.1%)
Mario Kart Super Circut
3 (5.3%)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
9 (15.8%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP
0 (0%)
Mario Kart DS
6 (10.5%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
0 (0%)
Mario Kart Wii
3 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Rainbow Road  (Read 24892 times)

Sqrt2

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 06:15:50 AM »
And there's always the possibility of you hitting a chomp!
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 11:42:15 AM »
I don't see the Chomps as a very big problem. Of course, I don't want to say that the N64 Rainbow Road is the easiest track of the whole game. However, there are still much harder tracks. For example, Yoshi Valley, also from Special Cup, is much more challenging in my opinion.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:53 PM »
And I tend to find Banshee Boardwalk even more dangerous than Yoshi Valley!

cosmic_c

• EAGLES SCREAM!
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2008, 12:05:10 PM »
DD's rainbow road had better visuals, but why does the track have to be sooooooooooooo freeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaking haaaaaaaaaaaard?!?

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2008, 04:17:59 AM »
Just think:  In two months, Mario Kart will be out for the Wii, and this poll will be obsolete!

I voted for Mario Kart 64.  Why?  Shortcuts.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Jman

• Score
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2008, 11:36:10 PM »
I'll have to go with Super Mario Kart's version, the very first Rainbow Road.  I've even got the music on my iPod.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »
I have the most memories with the N64 Rainbow Road, so it wins.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2008, 07:43:04 PM »
I'm gonig to have to go for the SNES Rainbow Road. Most of the other Mario Kart games said "Look, I'm Rainbow Road! You're at the last track of the game!" But the SNES Mario Kart said "I am the Rainbow Road. I will now proceed to destroy you." And then it did.
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 07:34:42 PM »
I hate all of them! By the time I get to the end in first place, something always seems to happen like, I get hit by a chain chomp or a shell or something to throw me back a couple of places and I don't end up winning the cup that I spent millions of turns getting the gold and when it's finally right in my face I loose it because of one little weapon that makes me fall off of the narrow roads! Gah!!!!
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »
I hate all of them! By the time I get to the end in first place, something always seems to happen like, I get hit by a chain chomp or a shell or something to throw me back a couple of places and I don't end up winning the cup that I spent millions of turns getting the gold and when it's finally right in my face I loose it because of one little weapon that makes me fall off of the narrow roads! Gah!!!!

In 64, you can't fall off the roads unless you're slick and bounce on an angle that conveniently puts you over. Unless you hit an item that knocked you in the air.
I didn't really like the Rainbow Roads in Double Dash!!, and DS. I kind of think they're overdoing it.
Ditto used Machop!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2008, 12:21:26 AM »
Mario Kart DS wasn't terrible in the way of falling off, but Double Dash's Rainbow Road was completely and obnoxiously perilous.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »
The Rainbow road from Mario Kart DD!!...But you still must see the Rainbow Road of Mario Kart Wii: it's very difficult but also really funny! =)
By the way, it's really beautiful: it's like a rainbow which stays upon the Earth and it has some Super Mario Galaxy characateristics. Then in some parts it's really dinamic (like the one where it moves like water with waves)
In other words, when you'll play on it, you'll surely fly much more than ride! eheheheh! =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »
That sounds interesting! Unfortunately, I won't be able to try Mario Kart Wii until I get home in mid May.

« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »
My parents reserved a copy for me as my birthday present, I can't wait to see this Rainbow Road. =3
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2008, 01:01:57 PM »
Barely anyone has said anything about the DS version,
so I'll go for that because I like the loop-the-loop.
64 was pretty good because of the neon heads, though.
What do Yoshi eggs taste like?

Print