Print

Author Topic: How cool would it be...  (Read 13495 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« on: April 14, 2008, 04:15:01 PM »
If they made New Super Mario World for the DS?  The powerups and gameplay would be the same as SMW (along with the returning Mega Mushroom), but the graphics/levels/bosses would all be better/different.  I, for one, was disappointed about the lack of a flight-based powerup in NSMB, and also the lack of depth and length to the levels and worlds.  SMW was probably the best Mario platformer in terms of sheer size, but NSMB was skimpy on both map size and level length.  I would love to see all that fixed in a sequel.
Does anyone else think that would be cool?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 05:02:21 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. was definitely made with the original's simplicity in mind, and that's a reasonable excuse for the absence of flight and Yoshi. Yes, I would enjoy a similar game based on Super Mario World... But I wish Yoshi could go into Ghost Houses, fortresses and castles. As for bosses, the Koopalings did all display individuality in SMW, but not like the bosses of NSMB.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 04:03:34 PM »
I had the same idea!  Hopefully the game would incorporate old and new elements into the game
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Super-Jesse

• Unstoppable News Machine
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 12:13:02 AM »
*singsong voice*

If you like this idea
I have something cool
for Weekend Movies
next weekend.
<Kojinka> When I saw this thread back on top, I was afraid this was gonna be another pointless bump by a new member, but when I saw Super-Jesse's username, my fears were laid to rest.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:16:27 PM »
I don't suppose asking you what it is would do any good...  ;)

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 08:41:57 PM »
If Nintendo did make a NSMW, would the SMW graphics just be updated, or would they use the same NSMB 3-D graphics? It also makes me wonder if they would use the more modern Yoshi look, or the classic more dinosaur-like Yoshi.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
I don't know if I'd want to see Yoshi with NSMB graphics.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »
NSMW would be kind of cool, but it would be exactly the same game with better graphics. If you already have SMA4 or SMW, then you dont really need NSMW. If you dont have SMW or SMA4, then get NSMW.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34:12 PM »
It also makes me wonder if they would use the more modern Yoshi look, or the classic more dinosaur-like Yoshi.
Just Say No to Tiny Upright Yoshi!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 01:58:26 AM »
Why is everyone here do danged AMISH? Hate modern Wario, hate modern Yoshi, would prefer the Koopalings still govern worlds... How primitive are you?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 02:44:39 AM »
That's not modern, that's DEproved!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 05:25:09 AM »
...except it's not like the fans should have any real demand in what Mario games should be like. Mario, like everything else in the universe, goes through changes over time. Mickey Mouse went through several character re-designs in the past century, and he's still accepted, so what difference is it when it happens to Mario characters? IMO, if Nintendo chooses to take Mario in a new direction, true fans would respect that.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 05:48:03 AM »
NSMW would be kind of cool, but it would be exactly the same game with better graphics. If you already have SMA4 or SMW, then you dont really need NSMW. If you dont have SMW or SMA4, then get NSMW.

Kind of like NSMB was the same game as SMB with better graphics, right?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 02:22:21 PM »
Why is everyone here do danged AMISH? Hate modern Wario, hate modern Yoshi, would prefer the Koopalings still govern worlds... How primitive are you?

There's nothing wrong with "modern" Wario. Wario is Wario, through and through. I actually wish he would wear his Ware wear more often, including during platformers and spin-offs. Same thing goes for Yoshi, but he doesn't even get that much attention any more. I want the Koopalings soley because they have lots of character potential, especially considering what's been done with all the other characters so fat.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »
especially considering what's been done with all the other characters so fat.

As for the Koopalings, while it would be interesting for them to appear again, TAOSMB3 kinda satisfied the need for personality with me.

Print